Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

DOJ Background check?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Splitz909
    Member
    • Nov 2011
    • 114

    DOJ Background check?

    How long does it take for the DOJ portion of the CCW process usually take for San Bernardino?
  • #2
    wildhawker
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Nov 2008
    • 14150

    Originally posted by Splitz909
    How long does it take for the DOJ portion of the CCW process usually take for San Bernardino?
    ~2-4 weeks statewide.

    -Brandon
    Brandon Combs

    I do not read private messages, and my inbox is usually full. If you need to reach me, please email me instead.

    My comments are not the official position or a statement of any organization unless stated otherwise. My comments are not legal advice; if you want or need legal advice, hire a lawyer.

    Comment

    • #3
      Sebass
      Senior Member
      • Dec 2010
      • 638

      Stupid question here, but are you referring to the LiveScan portion of the LTC app?

      Comment

      • #4
        wildhawker
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Nov 2008
        • 14150

        Originally posted by Sebass
        Stupid question here, but are you referring to the LiveScan portion of the LTC app?
        That would be the reasonable assumption since the Live Scan background check is the only part of the process DOJ is involved in.

        -Brandon
        Brandon Combs

        I do not read private messages, and my inbox is usually full. If you need to reach me, please email me instead.

        My comments are not the official position or a statement of any organization unless stated otherwise. My comments are not legal advice; if you want or need legal advice, hire a lawyer.

        Comment

        • #5
          Splitz909
          Member
          • Nov 2011
          • 114

          Originally posted by Sebass
          Stupid question here, but are you referring to the LiveScan portion of the LTC app?


          Not the live scan but the other portion of the backround check if there is one???

          Comment

          • #6
            Splitz909
            Member
            • Nov 2011
            • 114

            Just called the SO, they said they do a deeper backround check other than the livescan. It takes about 4 weeks or so, I should be getting a call here in about 2 weeks!!!!!

            Comment

            • #7
              wildhawker
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Nov 2008
              • 14150

              Originally posted by Splitz909
              Just called the SO, they said they do a deeper backround check other than the livescan. It takes about 4 weeks or so, I should be getting a call here in about 2 weeks!!!!!
              They might, but they still have mandated deadlines. See the guides here: http://bit.ly/xfufXv

              -Brandon
              Brandon Combs

              I do not read private messages, and my inbox is usually full. If you need to reach me, please email me instead.

              My comments are not the official position or a statement of any organization unless stated otherwise. My comments are not legal advice; if you want or need legal advice, hire a lawyer.

              Comment

              • #8
                mej16489
                Veteran Member
                • Aug 2008
                • 2714

                Originally posted by wildhawker
                They might, but they still have mandated deadlines. See the guides here: http://bit.ly/xfufXv

                -Brandon
                For those with blocked access, the real link is:

                Comment

                • #9
                  Splash789
                  Junior Member
                  • Mar 2012
                  • 0

                  Are their checks limited to their own resources? Can they use these guys, for example? It appears that sometimes they have more comprehensive data, not sure how they do it.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    bonehead04
                    Junior Member
                    • Mar 2012
                    • 85

                    Likely a stupid question, but is fingerprinting information obtained by one branch of the CA govt accessible by another? Several years ago, I had to obtain inked (i.e. non-electronic) fingerprints for a California licensing board. Do I need to get a separate LiveScan check for a CCW application?

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Librarian
                      Admin and Poltergeist
                      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                      • Oct 2005
                      • 44691

                      Originally posted by bonehead04
                      Likely a stupid question, but is fingerprinting information obtained by one branch of the CA govt accessible by another? Several years ago, I had to obtain inked (i.e. non-electronic) fingerprints for a California licensing board. Do I need to get a separate LiveScan check for a CCW application?
                      Yes, you need a separate one for LTC. I've had my prints taken for my nursing license, employment, guard-card - all needed a new set of prints.
                      ARCHIVED Calguns Foundation Wiki here: http://web.archive.org/web/201908310...itle=Main_Page

                      Frozen in 2015, it is falling out of date and I can no longer edit the content. But much of it is still good!

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        bonehead04
                        Junior Member
                        • Mar 2012
                        • 85

                        Thanks Librarian. Should have known CA wouldn't make any of this easy for me.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          giantsfan
                          Member
                          • Oct 2011
                          • 339

                          Originally posted by Splash789
                          Are their checks limited to their own resources? Can they use these guys, for example? It appears that sometimes they have more comprehensive data, not sure how they do it.
                          I spoke to an FBI agent on Tuesday and asked him that question. He said that it's just a basic criminal background check and isn't a comprehensive background check like you'd have for a secret clearance or TS clearance.

                          They just look for your criminal activity to verify you're not a loon..
                          I can resist everything...except temptation. Wilde

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          UA-8071174-1