Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Printing issue and comments.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Mstrty
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 2443

    Printing issue and comments.

    Is weapon printing a violation of concealed? I dont mean slight printing I mean obvious printing.

    I was conversing over the weekend with a friend and I was telling him my opinion (as IANAL), that its not concealed if you can tell what it is.

    His response was a little funny. " If men are not allowed to walk down the street naked yet they can walk the streets in spandex, clearly printing in not illegal. If women are not allowed to go Janet Jackson in city parks, then they need to either sport a burka or find themselves in violation of indecent exposure laws. Most women are clearly printing an item that cannot be viewed legaly in public.

    Thoughts?
    Last edited by Mstrty; 09-21-2010, 3:40 PM.
    ~ ~
  • #2
    gschoelles
    Senior Member
    • Jul 2010
    • 669

    I personally believe that "obvious" printing would be a violation of your CCW. However I always have an undiscerning bulge here and there that could be anything and I don't worry about it.

    My suggestion is not to wear *SPANDEX*
    CRPA and NRA Life member
    GLOCK Armorer, Remington 870 Armorer, Mossberg 5xx Armorer, 1911 Armorer, M16/AR15 Armorer, Tactical First Aid Primary Responder
    NRA Range Safety Officer, Certified Pistol, Shotgun and Rifle Instructor

    Comment

    • #3
      mej16489
      Veteran Member
      • Aug 2008
      • 2714

      There is lots of case-law out there that indicates from a 'crime' perspective
      substantially concealed = concealed

      Comment

      • #4
        ocspeedracer
        Senior Member
        • Dec 2008
        • 1147

        I really like your friends argument. I think you just opened a can of worms.
        If it's super obvious printing, not printing that may be for example some diabetic's insolen pump, i think you might have a problem.

        Comment

        • #5
          HighLander51
          Banned
          • Feb 2010
          • 5144

          Printing is way, way over worried. CCW is just a matter of style. Only cops and other CCW's will even notice. The real thing to worry is if you have to engage and your shirt is all bunched up around your weapon...

          Comment

          • #6
            Seesm
            Calguns Addict
            • Nov 2008
            • 7812

            I carry in my belly area and printing has yet to be a issue... On my side you can see it however.

            Comment

            • #7
              FeuerFrei
              Calguns Addict
              • Aug 2008
              • 7455

              I have yet to see anybody "print" in my presence.
              There are so many people without CCW permits and guns that most people wouldn't know it if they saw it. You'd have to have that thing bare neked to get someone to notice.
              My LEO that I interviewed with says they don't consider "printing" as brandishing.

              Comment

              Working...
              UA-8071174-1