Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Delay with an Active CCW

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • fnlrun
    Member
    • Aug 2018
    • 486

    Delay with an Active CCW

    What the hell man. 40 days ago bought a Shield, no issues. Bought another AFTER my 30 days, and boom. 7 days into my 10 and got the call from Sportsman's this morning saying sucks to sucks. How the hell???!!!!
  • #2
    SkyHawk
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Sep 2012
    • 23531

    It happens, you're not the first with CCW to be delayed. Nothing to do but wait it out...
    Click here for my iTrader Feedback thread: https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...r-feedback-100

    Comment

    • #3
      fnlrun
      Member
      • Aug 2018
      • 486

      I know, it's just garbage. Just wanted to vent.

      Comment

      • #4
        kcstott
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Nov 2011
        • 11796

        be sure you buy only from dealers that will release on undetermined.

        Comment

        • #5
          Sig so sour of ca
          CGN/CGSSA Contributor
          CGN Contributor
          • Oct 2016
          • 479

          Same thing happened to me. I have a CCW,03, & coe. I did my first purchase/PPT since i got my ccw and got my first ever delay. It cleared after 29 days.

          I'm convinced DOJ is messing with people that got their CCW recently.

          MAKE SURE YOUR FFL releases on undetermined. I made that mistake with this one and usually always check.

          From all the threads on delays lately, checking if they release on undetermined has to be SOP on all transactions.

          Comment

          • #6
            fnlrun
            Member
            • Aug 2018
            • 486

            Spoersmans WILL NOT release on an undeterminedand im 6 years into my CCW. Last time i buy from them.

            Comment

            • #7
              Dan_Eastvale
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Apr 2013
              • 10750

              Releasing on undetermined is an excellent policy.

              I suspect the shops that don't are the biggies and have the gun you want in stock.

              Will most small shops that release on undetermined order something for a person if not in stock? Would that process take longer than the typical DOJ delay?

              Comment

              • #8
                WithinReason
                Senior Member
                • Jan 2013
                • 746

                Why is this happening? People who obtain CCW permits are subject to more scrutiny/background check than the average citizen.
                sigpic

                Comment

                • #9
                  kcstott
                  I need a LIFE!!
                  • Nov 2011
                  • 11796

                  Originally posted by fnlrun
                  What the hell man. 40 days ago bought a Shield, no issues. Bought another AFTER my 30 days, and boom. 7 days into my 10 and got the call from Sportsman's this morning saying sucks to sucks. How the hell???!!!!
                  I was delayed three X on the same firearm. I have a FFL 03 and a COE and now a CCW I also have a DBIDS card for base access to Camp Pendleton.

                  So let me give you a clue. it's not you, well 99% of the time the delays are bogus but there are people with some shady past events that get delayed. in any event maybe you should think about one thing. the California DOJ. So what if the DOJ just decided to reduce staff levels, or assign other tasks to the people there processing the applications for firearm purchases. This is how you administratively control the availability of firearms without legislation.
                  All California has to do is unplug a server and we are screwed. You cannot submit paper to the DOJ anymore. It's all online electronic filing. So how hard would it be to just turn it off?

                  If I'm saying the quiet part out loud I'm sorry get an admin to delete the post.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    fnlrun
                    Member
                    • Aug 2018
                    • 486

                    Originally posted by kcstott
                    I was delayed three X on the same firearm. I have a FFL 03 and a COE and now a CCW I also have a DBIDS card for base access to Camp Pendleton.

                    So let me give you a clue. it's not you, well 99% of the time the delays are bogus but there are people with some shady past events that get delayed. in any event maybe you should think about one thing. the California DOJ. So what if the DOJ just decided to reduce staff levels, or assign other tasks to the people there processing the applications for firearm purchases. This is how you administratively control the availability of firearms without legislation.
                    All California has to do is unplug a server and we are screwed. You cannot submit paper to the DOJ anymore. It's all online electronic filing. So how hard would it be to just turn it off?

                    If I'm saying the quiet part out loud I'm sorry get an admin to delete the post.
                    Your 100% correct. And I fully believe they throttle the purchases especially when the same or similar was just purchased 40ish days ago. I did hear there are something like 3 people that do the check so if 1 person does go on vacation, the entire system grinds to a halt. take it with a large spoon of salt

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      kcstott
                      I need a LIFE!!
                      • Nov 2011
                      • 11796

                      Originally posted by fnlrun
                      Your 100% correct. And I fully believe they throttle the purchases especially when the same or similar was just purchased 40ish days ago. I did hear there are something like 3 people that do the check so if 1 person does go on vacation, the entire system grinds to a halt. take it with a large spoon of salt
                      I was told they just went back to a five day work week about six months ago.

                      Three people? for the entire state? doing about 1.6 million gun sales a year in 2022 that's 6K a day not counting weekends. Man I hope that's not true

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        fnlrun
                        Member
                        • Aug 2018
                        • 486

                        Originally posted by kcstott
                        I was told they just went back to a five day work week about six months ago.

                        Three people? for the entire state? doing about 1.6 million gun sales a year in 2022 that's 6K a day not counting weekends. Man I hope that's not true
                        I agree, I find that hard to believe. Which is why I offered a giant spoon of salt vs a grain lol

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          K9paulc
                          CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                          • Dec 2005
                          • 458

                          Happened to me few months back and I have a valid CCW as well as current and valid State issued Security Guard card. Status changed to undetermined on day 31 and my FFL released to me that day. My next DROS transaction was approved in 10 days. DOJ system is flawed
                          sigpic

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Djantlive
                            Senior Member
                            • Mar 2021
                            • 612

                            You bought two same pistols back to back? That may be the cause of the hold up

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              fnlrun
                              Member
                              • Aug 2018
                              • 486

                              Possibly, but within 40 days. So I was good there

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1