Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

LA CCW Application Question

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • castletactics
    Junior Member
    • Aug 2020
    • 19

    LA CCW Application Question

    Hi,

    I am applying for a CCW for LA City. For the application, do I need to go to a police station and have a witness (officer) for the "Public Disclosure Admonition" section before sending in the application?

    Any one in LA city that got a CCW, any advice? I think I have a strong GC (transport expensive equipment in growing crime/transient neighborhood).
  • #2
    9Cal_OC
    Calguns Addict
    • Apr 2019
    • 6704

    Read up on this thread on the last couple pages: https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/...352761&page=48
    Freedom isn't free...

    sigpic

    iTrader

    Comment

    • #3
      ARDude
      Veteran Member
      • May 2006
      • 2723

      Originally posted by castletactics
      Hi,

      I am applying for a CCW for LA City. For the application, do I need to go to a police station and have a witness (officer) for the "Public Disclosure Admonition" section before sending in the application?

      Any one in LA city that got a CCW, any advice? I think I have a strong GC (transport expensive equipment in growing crime/transient neighborhood).
      You wont get a CCW from LAPD. But, I believe you have to apply with them first if you live in the City of L.A. Once you get denied you can apply with LASD. I hear the sheriff is issuing them now.
      Real-life Girls

      Comment

      • #4
        castletactics
        Junior Member
        • Aug 2020
        • 19

        Originally posted by ARDude
        You wont get a CCW from LAPD. But, I believe you have to apply with them first if you live in the City of L.A. Once you get denied you can apply with LASD. I hear the sheriff is issuing them now.
        Okay. Yeah read up more and looks like only if you reside in an area served by LASD can apply directly. Otherwise you need get denied first by your local police agency. Here are the areas served by LASD:

        Comment

        • #5
          Dvrjon
          CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
          • Nov 2012
          • 11370

          LASD CCW Policy 7/2020

          Comment

          Working...
          UA-8071174-1