Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Got Approved

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • 2ndusa
    Banned
    • Oct 2020
    • 34

    Got Approved

    Guys, got approved, do I have to wait for my permit to get mailed in to start carrying? or can I start carrying?
    thanks
  • #2
    ParadigmGuy
    Member
    • Sep 2011
    • 292

    Yes.
    Kurt
    sigpic

    Comment

    • #3
      SkyHawk
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Sep 2012
      • 23531

      you have to wait until it is in hand
      Click here for my iTrader Feedback thread: https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...r-feedback-100

      Comment

      • #4
        Mr. Helio
        Member
        • Oct 2016
        • 221

        Yep. Congratulations. Do t leave home without it.

        Comment

        • #5
          2ndusa
          Banned
          • Oct 2020
          • 34

          Originally posted by Mr. Helio
          Yep. Congratulations. Do t leave home without it.
          Okay thanks for clarifying

          Comment

          • #6
            LoadedM333
            Senior Member
            • Jan 2012
            • 1691

            No permit on hand no carry.

            You can wait a few more days OP.


            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            NRA LifeTime Member

            Comment

            • #7
              Someday
              Senior Member
              • Apr 2009
              • 655

              Congratulations. It's been said already, permit needs to be on you.

              Comment

              • #8
                Robo Cabinetguy
                Admin and Poltergeist
                CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                • Oct 2005
                • 44691

                Originally posted by ParadigmGuy
                Yes.
                Should you happen to encounter your friendly local CHP officer, s/he will be glad to re-educate you on the point, but absent a stop, one can get away with not having a license with you when driving on public roads.

                Similarly, should Officer Friendly note your concealed weapon and inquire, things will go more smoothly if you also have your paper.
                ARCHIVED Calguns Foundation Wiki here: http://web.archive.org/web/201908310...itle=Main_Page

                Frozen in 2015, it is falling out of date and I can no longer edit the content. But much of it is still good!

                Comment

                • #9
                  ParadigmGuy
                  Member
                  • Sep 2011
                  • 292

                  Originally posted by Robo Cabinetguy
                  Should you happen to encounter your friendly local CHP officer, s/he will be glad to re-educate you on the point, but absent a stop, one can get away with not having a license with you when driving on public roads.



                  Similarly, should Officer Friendly note your concealed weapon and inquire, things will go more smoothly if you also have your paper.
                  I agree.
                  Kurt
                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Skip_Dog
                    Veteran Member
                    • Apr 2017
                    • 2656

                    Call your IA. Mine said I need to wait till I have the permit in hand. Please verify yourself. Would suck to have it pulled for not knowing their policy.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      lexo98
                      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                      CGN Contributor
                      • Jan 2010
                      • 693

                      What County?

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        2ndusa
                        Banned
                        • Oct 2020
                        • 34

                        Originally posted by lexo98
                        What County?
                        Orange

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          GlockN'Roll
                          Veteran Member
                          • May 2015
                          • 3782

                          Originally posted by 2ndusa
                          Orange
                          You need to wait and have it in you when you carry...
                          Real Californian...

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            igs
                            Senior Member
                            • Nov 2017
                            • 941

                            Originally posted by 2ndusa
                            Guys, got approved, do I have to wait for my permit to get mailed in to start carrying? or can I start carrying?
                            thanks
                            How did you get approved not knowing the answer to that question?
                            ATF Form 4473: If a frame or receiver can only be made into a long gun (rifle or shotgun), it is still a frame or receiver, not a handgun or long gun.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              tsmithson
                              Senior Member
                              • Jan 2016
                              • 1580

                              Originally posted by 2ndusa
                              Orange

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1