Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Question on OC Application Help!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • TaintedGlock
    Junior Member
    • Sep 2017
    • 28

    Question on OC Application Help!

    "Are you now, or have you been, a party to a lawsuit in the last five years?"

    I was evicted from an apartment about 3-4 years ago. I did have to appear in court. Would something like this keep me from getting my CCW approved?
  • #2
    Doheny
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Sep 2008
    • 13820

    You need to list it. It probably won't be an issue unless you were really a tool.
    Sent from Free America

    Comment

    • #3
      Cokebottle
      Seņor Member
      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
      • Oct 2009
      • 32373

      Bingo.

      The process is more about honesty than anything.
      They WILL know about it, and they will know about your associates and job performance.

      It is better to tell them something that they don't know about than to appear to be attempting to hide something that they know about.
      - Rich

      Originally posted by dantodd
      A just government will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just government. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people, the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.

      Comment

      • #4
        TaintedGlock
        Junior Member
        • Sep 2017
        • 28

        Originally posted by Doheny
        You need to list it. It probably won't be an issue unless you were really a tool.
        I'm planning to add it of course. Just wanted to see if that was something that could possibly get my application denied.

        Comment

        • #5
          Erion929
          Veteran Member
          • Jan 2013
          • 4706

          Part 1 is admitting it.

          Part 2 is the reason for the eviction. If you weren't paying your rent, that's one thing. If you hit the owner with a baseball bat, that's another.
          Join Active Junky for online rebates....$10 to both you and me!

          https://www.activejunky.com/invite/238017


          Comment

          • #6
            TaintedGlock
            Junior Member
            • Sep 2017
            • 28

            Originally posted by Erion929
            Part 1 is admitting it.

            Part 2 is the reason for the eviction. If you weren't paying your rent, that's one thing. If you hit the owner with a baseball bat, that's another.
            I missed 1 months rent lol

            Comment

            • #7
              Mibairho
              Member
              • Apr 2017
              • 130

              Originally posted by TaintedGlock
              I missed 1 months rent lol
              Call me crazy, but that seems hinky to me. You missed one months rent and they evicted you? If you tried to discuss the situation with the landlord and they weren't willing to work with you to get caught back up because..... (reason). Good example is it's a fourplex and you were the lowest paying, and they wanted you out to rent to a higher paying renter or family member. I would include why you were not able to pay.... i.e. Car broke down, medical bills, lost job, etc. you need to convince them you are responsible and use sound judgment.

              You can PM me your good cause and I'll give you an honest opinion.

              Comment

              • #8
                robert101
                Senior Member
                • Sep 2009
                • 1997

                I would not evict someone for 1 month of missed rent, if they called me prior to the due date, told me of the problems, and informed me as to how they were going to remedy the rent delay. I don't believe in waiting for them to miss another month.

                For those that think this is harsh, put your money on the line every month and see how it feels to pay the bank out of your personal funds.

                Comment

                Working...
                UA-8071174-1