I have to admit, he handle this matter on his own without the help with the authorities like a boss. I honestly don't think the authorities would be much help in providing immediate results. The scammer obviously guilty. But is this a bad idea? I can imagine this would not pan well in court if he had to defend himself against the scammer. Its obvious the printing was strong to get the results he wanted.
Any CCWers thoughts on this situation in California? This incident happened in Texas.
----------------------------------------
Details of the Video:
Austin Craigslist Scammer Given Two Choices
From OP: Back story, I purchased an iPhone for my wife for $560 from a person
named "Zeke" on Craigslist. Upon activating on AT&T by inserting the
SIM, our entire account was suspended. Apparently the iPhone he sold me
was stolen and that's all AT&T would tell us.
When buying
the phone, my assistant who picked it up told me he had several in his
vehicle, so I wrote him another email claiming I also wanted an iPhone
and he agreed to meet me back in the same parking lot the next day.
He ended up "refunding" me a total of $700 dollars (watch his counting). If he shows up to sell you a phone in Austin, beware!
Any CCWers thoughts on this situation in California? This incident happened in Texas.
----------------------------------------
Details of the Video:
Austin Craigslist Scammer Given Two Choices
From OP: Back story, I purchased an iPhone for my wife for $560 from a person
named "Zeke" on Craigslist. Upon activating on AT&T by inserting the
SIM, our entire account was suspended. Apparently the iPhone he sold me
was stolen and that's all AT&T would tell us.
When buying
the phone, my assistant who picked it up told me he had several in his
vehicle, so I wrote him another email claiming I also wanted an iPhone
and he agreed to meet me back in the same parking lot the next day.
He ended up "refunding" me a total of $700 dollars (watch his counting). If he shows up to sell you a phone in Austin, beware!

Comment