Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

OC CCW weapon modification?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • SO753
    Junior Member
    • Nov 2014
    • 5

    OC CCW weapon modification?

    With a California, Orange County. CCW is it permitted to have

    Night Sights instead of stock

    Light attachment

    Both?

    I know that some county's have different rules.

    Now ive asked a few people this and i get a lot of opinions of "having a light makes it uncomfortable to carry" or "i know a great holster that would work for that"

    But i can't get a straight answer. Let me waste money on deciding comfortability and practicality and il make up my own mind.

    What i need help with is "Is it ok" Is it allowed?

    Any information is greatly appreciated
  • #2
    CAL.BAR
    CGSSA OC Chapter Leader
    • Nov 2007
    • 5632

    I know this has been discussed previously. Generally, Night sights, OK, no lasers or trigger mods was the take away I got from the discussion.

    Comment

    • #3
      SO753
      Junior Member
      • Nov 2014
      • 5

      Originally posted by CAL.BAR
      I know this has been discussed previously. Generally, Night sights, OK, no lasers or trigger mods was the take away I got from the discussion.
      Thanks for the info on night sights. I was fairly confident they were ok. I heard lasers were a no no which is what made me question a light.

      I do apologize if it has been discussed previously. I did attempt a search but had difficulty finding what i was looking for.

      Comment

      • #4
        caliberetta
        Veteran Member
        • Jan 2014
        • 2751

        I distinctly recall at least 2 Calgunners having confirmed with OCSD that a weapon light is OK.

        OCSD is usually pretty good at responding to emails if you want to verify for yourself.
        Last edited by caliberetta; 03-12-2015, 9:46 PM.

        Comment

        • #5
          SO753
          Junior Member
          • Nov 2014
          • 5

          Originally posted by caliberetta
          I distinctly recall at least 2 Calgunners having confirmed with OCSD that a weapon light is OK.

          OCSD is usually pretty good at responding to emails if you want to verify for yourself.
          I did just that and for anyone finding this topic in the future; According to the CCW representative that i spoke with, the weapon must be factory default. Meaning no night sights no light. Must be the exact same as when it was purchased.

          Comment

          • #6
            caliberetta
            Veteran Member
            • Jan 2014
            • 2751

            Originally posted by SO753
            I did just that and for anyone finding this topic in the future; According to the CCW representative that i spoke with, the weapon must be factory default. Meaning no night sights no light. Must be the exact same as when it was purchased.

            Ok, I guess no upgrades then.

            I have returned my gun to 100% stock, the "exact same as when it was purchased." ........























            Am I printing too bad?

            Comment

            • #7
              SO753
              Junior Member
              • Nov 2014
              • 5

              I don't think i can upstage that joke. I sat here for several minutes and i got nothing.

              Anyways just so i'm not misquoting il leave the exact wording

              Me: "what is the OCSD policy was on weapon modifications on a CCW?
              Specifically an attached light and/or night sights."


              Them: "if a weapon is purchased from the manufacturer (Glock, S&W, Sig Sauer, etc) than it is acceptable. If it is modified after purchase, then it would be in violation of the terms of the license. "

              Comment

              • #8
                onelonehorseman
                Veteran Member
                • Oct 2012
                • 4888

                Originally posted by CAL.BAR
                I know this has been discussed previously. Generally, Night sights, OK, no lasers or trigger mods was the take away I got from the discussion.

                Night sights would probably be all you would ever want to do to a carry gun anyway. Lasers have little or no real utility. Trigger mods, on a carry gun, can result in significant legal liability, according to some CCW Trainers, if the permitee ever actually needs to use the gun for defense against another person.
                sigpic

                Comment

                • #9
                  Doheny
                  I need a LIFE!!
                  • Sep 2008
                  • 13820

                  Click the link below and type in <OC weapon modification>. Pick which answer you like best, since the answers both from CalGunners and OCSD personnel have been all over the map.


                  .
                  Sent from Free America

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    repo4sale
                    Senior Member
                    • Mar 2010
                    • 1438

                    Glock27 with Glock23,22,35 mags 13r &amp; 15r

                    I was told by a "X-DA Attorney" 100% stock gun & mags.

                    Now If I use a Glock "bigger" 100% mag in my 3 Glock OCSD ccw guns, would that qualify as a modification?

                    Like a Glock 15r or 13r 40sw "100% stock" mag in my Glock 27 40sw gun??



                    Going from 10r to 16r is 60% more lead for the bad guy.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by repo4sale; 03-20-2015, 6:13 PM. Reason: typos
                    Calling 911 is for Victims!
                    https://www.linkedin.com/pub/john-jason-chun/12/270/860

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Steve1968LS2
                      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                      CGN Contributor
                      • Feb 2010
                      • 9275

                      You CAN have a laser if it came that way from the mfg..

                      I have a hard time buying the sights thing.. some need more "noticeable" sights due to old eyes..

                      Give this logic you can't change the grips or add grip tape..
                      Originally posted by tony270
                      It's easy to be a keyboard warrior, you would melt like wax in front of me, you wouldn't be able to move your lips.
                      Member: Patron member NRA, lifetime member SAF, CRPA

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        castgold
                        Senior Member
                        • Feb 2012
                        • 1531

                        In the event that it becomes evidence, it sounds like anything that isn't mfg stock or mfg installed can be used to paint the owner in unfavorable light to a lay jury, or grand jury.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Citadelgrad87
                          I need a LIFE!!
                          • Mar 2007
                          • 16976

                          Originally posted by castgold
                          In the event that it becomes evidence, it sounds like anything that isn't mfg stock or mfg installed can be used to paint the owner in unfavorable light to a lay jury, or grand jury.
                          To a point. But if you're in that position, and can reasonably state your reasons for using deadly force, at least you'll be alive to face the music.
                          Originally posted by tony270
                          It's easy to be a keyboard warrior, you would melt like wax in front of me, you wouldn't be able to move your lips.
                          Originally posted by repubconserv
                          Print it out and frame it for all I care
                          Originally posted by el chivo
                          I don't need to think at all..
                          Originally posted by pjsig
                          You are talking to someone who already won this lame conversation, not a brick a wall. Too bad you don't realize it.
                          XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
                          sigpic

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            castgold
                            Senior Member
                            • Feb 2012
                            • 1531

                            Originally posted by Citadelgrad87
                            To a point. But if you're in that position, and can reasonably state your reasons for using deadly force, at least you'll be alive to face the music.
                            Absolutely. I think the OP is concerned with the uncertainty of his fate potentially being determined by 13 people that might not see things this way, and so am I.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            UA-8071174-1