Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

First time gun owner!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Steemax
    Member
    • Oct 2014
    • 394

    First time gun owner!

    Hello all, I reside in the Altadena/Pasadena area... I just went in yesterday and made my first purchase. I'm the proud owner of a Glock 19. I just have to wait for the 10 days to be up so I can pick her up

    I think I made a good choice for a first time purchase, I was leaning towards the 26 but the size and feel of the 19 was just to good to pass up.

    Now to go to Walmart and buy lots and lots of ammo
    (Also joined the NRA while I was there, I like following the politcs and support the 2a)
    LA County CCW Timeline:
    06/24/22 - Mailed in Application
    08/28/23 - Live Scan
    08/30/23 - Phone Interview
    10/05/23 - P2T
    10/08/23 - Training Submitted & confirmed receipt
    12/18/23 - Call for pickup
    01/03/24 - Picked up
  • #2
    ElvenSoul
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Apr 2008
    • 17431

    Become a contributor here at CalGuns!

    Congrats on the Glock!
    sigpic

    Comment

    • #3
      Steemax
      Member
      • Oct 2014
      • 394

      Originally posted by ElvenSoul
      Become a contributor here at CalGuns!

      Congrats on the Glock!
      Thank you! and I shall contribute
      LA County CCW Timeline:
      06/24/22 - Mailed in Application
      08/28/23 - Live Scan
      08/30/23 - Phone Interview
      10/05/23 - P2T
      10/08/23 - Training Submitted & confirmed receipt
      12/18/23 - Call for pickup
      01/03/24 - Picked up

      Comment

      • #4
        bsg
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Jan 2009
        • 25954

        welcome to the forum.

        Comment

        • #5
          echoThreeOneSix
          Senior Member
          • Dec 2013
          • 1332

          welcome man! good first choice!
          Originally posted by m---------------1
          Bump... also interested in 1911 for trade
          ...as a trade for a glock 43. wtf guys, wtf.

          Comment

          • #6
            Dano3467
            Calguns Addict
            • Mar 2013
            • 7381

            Ah the first of many...congrats...

            Comment

            • #7
              Munky
              Member
              • Dec 2013
              • 456

              Welcome
              sigpic

              Comment

              • #8
                357magnum
                Senior Member
                • Feb 2014
                • 1219

                Welcome
                sigpic"Don't mistake my kindness for weakness. I am kind to everyone, but when someone is unkind to me, weak is not what you are going to remember about me."
                -Al Capone-

                Comment

                • #9
                  Chefantone
                  Senior Member
                  • Jun 2013
                  • 650

                  Welcome!
                  Negativity is hard to counteract. Stupidity is even harder. - Tim Schmidt

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    mabilis_matulis
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Oct 2012
                    • 5121

                    Welcome and enjoy
                    sigpic
                    "its hard to face the problem if the problem is your face"

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      sealocan
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Mar 2012
                      • 9956

                      welcome aboard, glad to have you here.
                      if you want to get caught up on the complex, confusing & restrictive California gun laws be sure to check out the calguns educational non-profit organization.

                      just do a search for
                      "the calguns foundation".

                      I know I learned a lot there. and they break it down in an easy-to-understand way so people who are not lawyers can still understand it.

                      good choice on the Glock as a first gun. I really like the G 26 but maybe for some folks first gun it is a bit small.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Steemax
                        Member
                        • Oct 2014
                        • 394

                        Thank you all for the warm welcome!


                        Originally posted by sealocan
                        welcome aboard, glad to have you here.
                        if you want to get caught up on the complex, confusing & restrictive California gun laws be sure to check out the calguns educational non-profit organization.

                        just do a search for
                        "the calguns foundation".

                        I know I learned a lot there. and they break it down in an easy-to-understand way so people who are not lawyers can still understand it.

                        good choice on the Glock as a first gun. I really like the G 26 but maybe for some folks first gun it is a bit small.
                        Awesome information... I'll check out the Calguns educational non-profit organization. Being in such a restricted state means there's no room for error so it's probably a good idea i read up!
                        LA County CCW Timeline:
                        06/24/22 - Mailed in Application
                        08/28/23 - Live Scan
                        08/30/23 - Phone Interview
                        10/05/23 - P2T
                        10/08/23 - Training Submitted & confirmed receipt
                        12/18/23 - Call for pickup
                        01/03/24 - Picked up

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Mini14
                          Senior Member
                          • Jan 2013
                          • 746

                          Welcome! Don't forgot to check online for cheap ammo! Gunbot.com, ammo seek, etc

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            SoCal Bob
                            Calguns Addict
                            • May 2010
                            • 5354

                            Welcome to Calguns. Glock 19, Walmart for ammo & NRA membership, sounds like you are off to a great start.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              johnthomas
                              Calguns Addict
                              • Mar 2009
                              • 7001

                              Welcome to the forums and congratulations. Keep your finger off the trigger and buy some snap caps so you you can practice with it. Remember, guns are deadly, mistakes seldom turn out good and there are no take backs once that bullet leaves the chamber. As gun owners go, our first priority is safety.
                              Know the rules, practice the rules. Many of us are in to guns for sport, hobby and/or protection. Don't be that guy. you know, the one that hurts or kills someone because of lack of training or doing something stupid.
                              Know the laws about responsible gun ownership and keep yourself out of trouble. Good luck.
                              I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1