Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Moving Windham SRC NJ compliant to CA

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • rbulleri
    Junior Member
    • Jul 2014
    • 6

    Moving Windham SRC NJ compliant to CA

    Hi.
    I live in NJ and I have a Windham SRC NJ compliant (fix stock, welded muzzle break, 10 rounds mag).
    I am moving to CA. What modifications do I need to perform to the gun to make it legal?


    Thx,
  • #2
    Rider1k
    Senior Member
    • Jul 2012
    • 1939

    Add a bullet button in place of stock mag release.

    Comment

    • #3
      rbulleri
      Junior Member
      • Jul 2014
      • 6

      Thx you.
      Is that all?
      I read that starting Jan 1st 2014 only fix magazines are legal.
      Is that true?

      Comment

      • #4
        71MUSTY
        Calguns Addict
        • Mar 2014
        • 7029

        If you put a bullet button on it it will be a fixed mag.
        Only slaves don't need guns

        Originally posted by epilepticninja
        Americans vs. Democrats
        We stand for the Anthem, we kneel for the cross


        We already have the only reasonable Gun Control we need, It's called the Second Amendment and it's the government it controls.


        What doesn't kill me, better run

        Comment

        • #5
          rbulleri
          Junior Member
          • Jul 2014
          • 6

          Thx you.
          Last question.
          Is a fw grip legal?

          Thx,

          Comment

          • #6
            Niviticus
            Senior Member
            • Feb 2009
            • 1227

            If you have the bullet button with a fixed 10 round mag you can have a forward grip and all the other "features" you want.

            Comment

            • #7
              bsg
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Jan 2009
              • 25954

              welcome to the forum.

              Comment

              • #8
                357magnum
                Senior Member
                • Feb 2014
                • 1219

                Welcome
                sigpic"Don't mistake my kindness for weakness. I am kind to everyone, but when someone is unkind to me, weak is not what you are going to remember about me."
                -Al Capone-

                Comment

                • #9
                  R3Designs
                  Member
                  • Dec 2012
                  • 116

                  Welcome to Calguns!
                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Deimos887
                    Senior Member
                    • Oct 2013
                    • 1673

                    Welcome Jan 1st 2014 effective date for fixed magazine centerfire rifles was proposed legislation that CA gun owners managed to defeat (for now)... its not law, its a dead bill (likely to be ressurected at somepoint).

                    Fixed mags (ie bullet button or raddlock, etc... requiring a tool (tip of a bullet is legally referenced in PC to being a tool) to release the otherwise fixed magazine applies to rifles with "evil features" (pistol grip, fog, flash suppressor, collapsible stock)... if you install a grip wrap or un-pistol gripped stock you + remove all other evil features bullet button installation will become unnecessary and standard magazine release is legal.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Deimos887
                      Senior Member
                      • Oct 2013
                      • 1673

                      *fpg not fog

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        rbulleri
                        Junior Member
                        • Jul 2014
                        • 6

                        Thx you all. You all have been very kind putting me up to speed with CA regulations.
                        For what I have read here, and in other web sites, I have determined that:

                        Windham SRC is not in the list of CA "assault weapons" which effecttively makes it legal, as long as: I install a bullet button or a grip warp.
                        I have 60 days to register it once I arrived.

                        Pls let me know if I am correct.

                        Thx you again,

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          purer00r
                          CGSSA Leader
                          • Mar 2014
                          • 1479

                          Welcome to the forum!!!
                          Stay Safe and on Target:
                          Save a tree, shoot Steel



                          sigpic

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            BigPimping
                            CGN Contributor
                            • Feb 2010
                            • 21487

                            Welcome to the forum
                            sigpic

                            PIMP stands for Positive Intellectual Motivated Person

                            When pimping begins, friendship ends.

                            Don't let your history be a mystery

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Deimos887
                              Senior Member
                              • Oct 2013
                              • 1673

                              @rbulleri

                              Coupled with your above "NJ compliant" criteria, yes your Windham SRC will be good to go.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1