Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Need help...search function

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • 2000Yards
    Junior Member
    • Feb 2012
    • 21

    Need help...search function

    I am at wit's end trying to find a FAQ on searching. Would someone please point me to the search FAQ.

    Believe me, searching for the search FAQ is not working for me.

    Specifically I am trying to figure out how to do a boolean AND search, instead of OR.

    thanks, 2kyds
  • #2
    h0use
    Calguns Addict
    • Jul 2009
    • 5783

    welcome

    Comment

    • #3
      SoCal Bob
      Calguns Addict
      • May 2010
      • 5354

      Unfortunately I don't think there is one. As you found out a multiple word search brings back hits on both or either word(s). Some have had better luck by searching Google like this - www.calguns.net: ruger gp100

      Comment

      • #4
        bsg
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Jan 2009
        • 25954

        welcome to the forum.

        Comment

        • #5
          fighterpilot562
          I’m Ugly and I’m Proud
          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
          • Mar 2012
          • 47071

          Welcome and I dont think there is a FAQ here, but you can use the search forum.

          Comment

          • #6
            2000Yards
            Junior Member
            • Feb 2012
            • 21

            Originally posted by SoCal Bob
            Unfortunately I don't think there is one. As you found out a multiple word search brings back hits on both or either word(s). Some have had better luck by searching Google like this - www.calguns.net: ruger gp100
            Ah, alright I will try that. I feel better at least, hearing there is no FAQ on searching. Surprising that is, there's so much info here, good search methods will be crucial in finding it.

            Thanks much for the responses and welcomes!

            2KYDS

            Comment

            • #7
              Chaos47
              Calguns Addict
              • Apr 2010
              • 6615

              Try these modifiers
              site:
              ""
              +
              -

              As in:

              site:calguns.net "both words you want"

              site:calguns.net word +word

              site:calguns.net word -word you dont want

              Comment

              • #8
                Librarian
                Admin and Poltergeist
                CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                • Oct 2005
                • 44691

                There is a pre-made Google search link, in the blue bar at the top of every page displayed, far right.
                ARCHIVED Calguns Foundation Wiki here: http://web.archive.org/web/201908310...itle=Main_Page

                Frozen in 2015, it is falling out of date and I can no longer edit the content. But much of it is still good!

                Comment

                • #9
                  2000Yards
                  Junior Member
                  • Feb 2012
                  • 21

                  Thank guys, using the google search function leads me to what I want. Much better.

                  Thanks again,
                  2KYDS

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    zod
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Aug 2009
                    • 8342

                    Welcome aboard.
                    Originally posted by pistolero805
                    Brass has antimicrobial properties.
                    Originally posted by sean michael
                    Brass knuckles, when you want to punch someone but don't want to give them an infection.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      DeanW66
                      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                      • Oct 2008
                      • 5077

                      Welcome aboard!
                      CalGuns Network (CGN) is different from CalGuns Foundation (CGF). Both need our support. I have gold name because I support CGN; plus, I send $10 every two weeks to CGF automatically via online BillPay as described here.

                      Support CGF by shopping at Amazon!

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        frankDmole
                        Senior Member
                        • Jun 2010
                        • 1472

                        Welcome to CalGuns.
                        sigpic
                        Except for ending slavery, Fascism, Nazism, and Communism, WAR has never solved anything.
                        _____________________________________________

                        - (More info here)

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          socalpistolero
                          Senior Member
                          • Oct 2011
                          • 2099

                          welcome.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          UA-8071174-1