Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

VEPR hunter .308

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • madonaldson
    Junior Member
    • Feb 2012
    • 52

    VEPR hunter .308

    Hey everyone, first post here on calguns. Just wanted to get everyone's opinion on the vepr hunter in .308. It would be great if I can get some feedback from some shooters who actually own one or have some trigger time behind one but i don't mind hearing opinions from everyone as well.

    The reason I'm trying to get info on this particular weapon is because I'm looking to get a California legal semi auto .308 for 100yrd. paper punching, mid range target shooting and has the ability to shoot decent groups at longer ranges as well, that won't cost an arm and a leg. I always pictured myself getting an M1A for this but I've been reading up on them a whole lot through the years and it seems that a lot of folks are saying if you don't go and get a super match them you'll end up spending a nice chunk of change to get them shooting nice groups. I'd get an AR10 but I'm not a huge fan of the whole bullet button. So I've been looking at this weapon.

    I'm not saying this weapon will shoot as good or any better than an M1A standard off the shelf, I'm just asking the rest of you shooters if it will. What I've heard so far is the vepr hunter goes for around $1k, it's based off an AK47 with an RPK reciever, I've heard mixed reactions on the groups it shoots (anywhere from 3/4" to 3" groups) and I've heard it chews up your brass (which would suck cause I'm a reloader) and it looks like a great looking rifle.

    If anyone could tell me more about and your personal experience with it it I'd appreciate it a whole lot. Maybe tell what kind of groups you get out of it @ 100yrds., if it's been reliable and all that, and if you know a better rifle for the money I'd appreciate the feedback. Here's a link showing it for anyone who might be curious about it also http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/storeproduct1107.aspx -Thanks.
  • #2
    bikr4jc
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
    CGN Contributor
    • Oct 2011
    • 1422

    Welcome!!!!
    "T-Rex was a friendly Chap" Charles007 @ SSZS 6.5

    "To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." -- George Mason, speech of June 14, 1788

    NRA Benefactor Life Member ~ CRPA Life Member

    Comment

    • #3
      h0use
      Calguns Addict
      • Jul 2009
      • 5783

      welcome. i have a sagia in 308 for half the price and it shoots very well. i can hit steel plates at well over 450 yards with it.

      Comment

      • #4
        madonaldson
        Junior Member
        • Feb 2012
        • 52

        Thanks for the warm welcome guys. h0use, that's impressive. i was looking at some saigas as well and is definitely one of my top optionss, especially after hearing they are capable of that kind of shooting. I was really caught by the look of the vepr, but if i can pay half as much and get good performance like that. i may just get me a saiga. -Thanks h0use

        Comment

        • #5
          MakeYaBootyBurn
          Senior Member
          • Mar 2012
          • 693

          The Veprs looks AWESOME!!! If you get it hope you like it.
          California gun laws... RETARDED

          Comment

          • #6
            ElvenSoul
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Apr 2008
            • 17431

            Serious Mag Problem...everything else about the rifle is awesome. Vepr 308 Mags just plain suck!
            sigpic

            Comment

            • #7
              ElvenSoul
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Apr 2008
              • 17431

              For the price of the Vepr you can build a AR10ish like rifle. Is what I have now.
              sigpic

              Comment

              • #8
                Sonny188
                Senior Member
                • Aug 2011
                • 1204

                Welcome!

                Comment

                • #9
                  den888
                  I need a LIFE!!
                  • Jul 2009
                  • 10520

                  Welcome!

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    SantaCabinetguy
                    I need a LIFE!!
                    • Feb 2011
                    • 15142

                    madonaldson,

                    Welcome to Calguns! Be sure to check out the centerfire rifle section for questions about your future .308.
                    Hauoli Makahiki Hou


                    -------

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      DeanW66
                      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                      • Oct 2008
                      • 5077

                      Welcome aboard! You might be better off reading/asking in the centerfire rifles area. Most folks don't look into the "new here" area for Qs to A.
                      CalGuns Network (CGN) is different from CalGuns Foundation (CGF). Both need our support. I have gold name because I support CGN; plus, I send $10 every two weeks to CGF automatically via online BillPay as described here.

                      Support CGF by shopping at Amazon!

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      UA-8071174-1