Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Hi All

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Fellblade
    Member
    • Jan 2012
    • 137

    Hi All

    Hello everyone,

    I've been reading this forum for the last week or so. For many years I've entertained the idea of getting a gun. I was able to pick up some extra hours at work over the holidays so I figured with the extra money now would be a good time as ever... after taking a safety course at a local shooting range.

    I'm rather ashamed to admit it, but I had no idea how bad CA had become with their gun control laws. I feel like I ought to apologize to all of you for being an uninformed voter when it comes to gun laws. Talk about an eye opener.

    Anyway, thank all of you for the forum and all your hard work! I look forward to educating myself more on the subject.
  • #2
    jonc
    Calguns Addict
    • Aug 2009
    • 6407

    welcome!!!

    enjoy!!!!!!!!!

    Comment

    • #3
      freonr22
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Dec 2008
      • 12948

      WELCOME!!
      sigpic
      Originally posted by dantodd
      We will win. We are right. We will never stop fighting.
      Originally posted by bwiese
      They don't believe it's possible, but then Alison didn't believe there'd be 350K - 400K OLLs in CA either.
      Originally posted by louisianagirl
      Our fate is ours alone to decide as long as we remain armed heavily enough to dictate it.

      Comment

      • #4
        zod
        Calguns Addict
        • Aug 2009
        • 8342

        Welcome aboard.
        Originally posted by pistolero805
        Brass has antimicrobial properties.
        Originally posted by sean michael
        Brass knuckles, when you want to punch someone but don't want to give them an infection.

        Comment

        • #5
          h0use
          Calguns Addict
          • Jul 2009
          • 5783

          welcome

          Comment

          • #6
            Chief2Guns
            Member
            • Jan 2012
            • 137

            Hau!
            Hau!

            Comment

            • #7
              Treb5
              Vietnam Vet
              CGN Contributor - Lifetime
              • Jun 2007
              • 860

              Welcome to CalGuns..
              sigpic
              NRA Benefactor Life Member

              Comment

              • #8
                Down Range
                Member
                • Dec 2011
                • 141

                Originally posted by Fellblade
                I'm rather ashamed to admit it, but I had no idea how bad CA had become with their gun control laws. I feel like I ought to apologize to all of you for being an uninformed voter when it comes to gun laws. Talk about an eye opener.
                Well now you are informed so no need to apologize.

                For anyone that has never fired a gun I don't think they realize that (when following all of the proper safety protocols) a gun is a really fun item to own. Practicing can be very fun. After a good round of target shooting I always feel both relaxed and energized.

                Welcome to calguns!

                Comment

                • #9
                  den888
                  I need a LIFE!!
                  • Jul 2009
                  • 10520

                  Welcome!

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    socalpistolero
                    Senior Member
                    • Oct 2011
                    • 2099

                    WELCOME.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      WolfSamurai
                      Member
                      • Dec 2011
                      • 384

                      Welcome to CalGuns.
                      The only thing necessary for the triumph of EVIL is for good men to do nothing.
                      Edmund Burke


                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Fellblade
                        Member
                        • Jan 2012
                        • 137

                        Originally posted by Down Range
                        For anyone that has never fired a gun I don't think they realize that (when following all of the proper safety protocols) a gun is a really fun item to own. Practicing can be very fun. After a good round of target shooting I always feel both relaxed and energized.
                        I agree with that. Back when I was in scouts many years ago I always enjoyed the shooting ranges at summer camp. I think it was great they taught the young kids about the guns and most importantly, safe handling.

                        The only thing delaying me right now is waiting for the local gun shop to get the HSC certificates back in. They said they reordered them "awhile ago" but don't know when CA will get around to mailing them out.

                        Thanks for the warm welcome. It's nice to meet all of you.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          xXx Sir Sik xXx
                          Veteran Member
                          • Feb 2010
                          • 3305

                          Welcome

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            GMG
                            Calguns Addict
                            • Dec 2008
                            • 7974

                            Welcome aboard !
                            sigpic

                            A member of The Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              SantaCabinetguy
                              I need a LIFE!!
                              • Feb 2011
                              • 15142

                              Fellblade welcome! Glad to hear you’re sticking around!
                              Hauoli Makahiki Hou


                              -------

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1