Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Another Hello from San Jose

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • arod2051
    Junior Member
    • Apr 2011
    • 18

    Another Hello from San Jose

    Hi All,

    I'm new to Calguns.net. I've lurked for a very short time but the posts I've read have been really informative.

    I'm still reading up on the FAQ.

    About me: I qualify myself as a noob. I did own an HK USP9 w/ hi-cap mag about 15-years ago but sold it several years ago. I did go to the range a few times but lack of marksmanship (training) and cost of bullets made it tough for someone in college to make it a 'regular' hobby.

    Did I say I was a bad shot. Well let me repeat it. I am poor marksman.

    I'm interested in purchasing (trying out) a Ruger MKIII or 22/45 or 10/22. A couple of friends and family are trying to convince me to buy a 'real' gun that fires a 'real' round, but those comments make me want a 22LR pistol or rifle even more.

    My goal for the year is to actually get to the range often and shoot many many rounds. I think the 22LR round is the best way to achieve that goal and not break the bank.

    I've read about everyone's addiction here and I'm sure I'll get caught, too. Thanks for reading this boring post all this way!!
  • #2
    den888
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Jul 2009
    • 10520

    Welcome!

    Comment

    • #3
      bsg
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Jan 2009
      • 25954

      welcome to the forum.

      Comment

      • #4
        beaster
        Member
        • Jul 2010
        • 284

        Welcome to the fold! It's always good to see the local folks here.
        NRA and CRPA Member
        "Absolute liberty is absence of restraint; responsibility is restraint; therefore, the ideally free individual is responsible to himself." -Henry B Adams

        Comment

        • #5
          Fjold
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Oct 2005
          • 23062

          Welcome, you're correct in your thought process. A 22 rimfire rifle or pistol is a great choice.
          Frank

          One rifle, one planet, Holland's 375




          Life Member NRA, CRPA and SAF

          Comment

          • #6
            .22guy
            Calguns Addict
            • Nov 2006
            • 5863

            Welcome to Calguns!

            Definitely get the .22 first!
            Originally posted by sholling
            Someone else's lack of foresight and planning is no reason for you to take less than the current market value despite all of the wailing and crying for 2nd Amendment socialism and welfare pricing.

            Comment

            • #7
              flyingjalapeno
              Member
              • Apr 2011
              • 178

              Welcome....San Jose all the way!!! LOL
              Simplicity at it's best, complexity at it's worst. DUF

              Comment

              • #8
                blakdawg
                Senior Member
                • Sep 2008
                • 1503

                Welcome! The 22LR sounds like a good idea to me.
                "[T]he liberties of the American people [are] dependent upon the ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box . . without these no class of people could live and flourish in this country." -- Frederick Douglass (1892)

                Comment

                • #9
                  zod
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Aug 2009
                  • 8342

                  Welcome aboard. Good luck on your quest.
                  Originally posted by pistolero805
                  Brass has antimicrobial properties.
                  Originally posted by sean michael
                  Brass knuckles, when you want to punch someone but don't want to give them an infection.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    arod2051
                    Junior Member
                    • Apr 2011
                    • 18

                    Thanks for the warm welcome.

                    Sifting through and trying to get a good handle on California gun laws again is really time consuming. And it's not even fun reading and learning, like other hobbies.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Mad Cow Bells
                      Junior Member
                      • Apr 2011
                      • 60

                      Hey there,

                      I'm also a new shooter in the San Jose area. I chose to pick up a Remington 597 .22LR so I would be able to shoot at Target Masters West in Milpitas. Being it an indoor range, .22LR is an acceptable caliber they would allow to shoot. Hope this helps!

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        SGGear
                        Member
                        • Apr 2011
                        • 395

                        Welcome. I m new here too!
                        "Blaming guns for murder is like blaming spoons for fat people"

                        ..

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        UA-8071174-1