Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Trigger pin slipping out

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Budlite74
    Junior Member
    • May 2010
    • 49

    Trigger pin slipping out

    Hey guys, I'm not sure this is in the correct forum, but on my AR the pin above the trigger slips out causing a jam and mis-fire. Do I have to get a new pin?

    Thanks
  • #2
    creampuff
    • Jan 2006
    • 3730

    Is your hammer spring in the correct orientation that the legs of springs are holding down in the grooves of the pin? See pics in link below.

    Comment

    • #3
      Budlite74
      Junior Member
      • May 2010
      • 49

      I believe so.

      Comment

      • #4
        Budlite74
        Junior Member
        • May 2010
        • 49

        This is the pin that keeps slipping

        Attached Files

        Comment

        • #5
          creampuff
          • Jan 2006
          • 3730

          Originally posted by Budlite74
          I believe so.
          Can you remove the upper, and take an image of your lower looking straight down onto your trigger pin? Especially showing how the two legs of the hammerspring are engaging onto your trigger pin.

          See post #3 of the link I sent you earlier.

          Comment

          • #6
            Budlite74
            Junior Member
            • May 2010
            • 49

            yea, i'll do it tonight, going to dinner right now.

            btw thanks for the help

            Comment

            • #7
              bohoki
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Jan 2006
              • 20826

              yea i had that problem i put the pin in a drill and used a needlefile to make the groove deeper ive seen some pins that have 3 grooves so both hammer spring legs hold it in place

              Comment

              • #8
                luckystrike
                Veteran Member
                • Feb 2009
                • 4176

                you might want to try anti-roll pins, $20-30 and they stay put

                Comment

                • #9
                  Budlite74
                  Junior Member
                  • May 2010
                  • 49

                  Originally posted by luckystrike
                  you might want to try anti-roll pins, $20-30 and they stay put
                  where do you get one?

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Budlite74
                    Junior Member
                    • May 2010
                    • 49

                    Here is the picture, I thought it looked better before I uploaded it lol


                    Attached Files

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      luckystrike
                      Veteran Member
                      • Feb 2009
                      • 4176

                      Originally posted by Budlite74
                      where do you get one?


                      my friend just got a set of each of his rifles, they dont rotate or walk in and out anymore

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Budlite74
                        Junior Member
                        • May 2010
                        • 49

                        Originally posted by creampuff
                        Can you remove the upper, and take an image of your lower looking straight down onto your trigger pin? Especially showing how the two legs of the hammerspring are engaging onto your trigger pin.

                        See post #3 of the link I sent you earlier.
                        it looks like post #3.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Budlite74
                          Junior Member
                          • May 2010
                          • 49

                          Originally posted by luckystrike
                          http://riflegear.com/p-610-kns-gen-2...-diameter.aspx

                          my friend just got a set of each of his rifles, they dont rotate or walk in and out anymore
                          oh nice. I might have to look into this!

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            bohoki
                            I need a LIFE!!
                            • Jan 2006
                            • 20826

                            Originally posted by Budlite74
                            Here is the picture, I thought it looked better before I uploaded it lol



                            you want both hammer spring legs touching the walls of the receiver

                            it looks like one it a tad inboard

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              creampuff
                              • Jan 2006
                              • 3730

                              Originally posted by bohoki
                              you want both hammer spring legs touching the walls of the receiver

                              it looks like one it a tad inboard
                              Hard to see, but it does look like the leg in the lower part of the image is very askew. The leg needs to sit on the groove of your trigger pin, or the pin will slip out. Are you getting bad or light hammer strikes?

                              Take a look again at the link I sent you. In an analogy, think of a roll of toilet paper. If the hammerspring is coming over the top of the roll of a toilet paper - its's good. If the hammerspring is coming under the roll of a toilet paper - you aren't going to get the right tension, and it might allow for your leg to run askew.

                              Try re-posting your pic in the centerfire forum, to get some more opinions to take a look at the image.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1