Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

1911 vs Springfield XDm

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • The Bean
    Junior Member
    • Aug 2010
    • 6

    1911 vs Springfield XDm

    Hey everyone... I'm new to this forum and I needed your all's advice...

    So I'm not quite 21 yet, but am trying to prepare well for it. I don't own a handgun yet, but I do own a Springfield M1A... Which I LOVE!!! and was hoping to purchase a handgun by Springfield as well, hoping to get the same kind of quality as the M1A.

    So i was wanting to get all your opinions on both the Springfield XDm, and the 1911. Which is more reliable, and/or more accurate. I have never shot either, but am hoping to sometime soon.

    Thanks!
  • #2
    kf6tac
    Senior Member
    • Aug 2009
    • 1779

    I don't have an XD(m), but I've got an XD and a Springfield Loaded 1911. Honestly, I can't even compare the two. I mean, they're both handguns, but when I shoot them, they definitely feel like completely different animals. I love the trigger pull on the 1911, it puts the XD trigger (factory with no modes) to shame. Accuracy... I shoot about the same on both, but it's safe to say that I won't outshoot either of those guns anytime soon.

    One thing to note about the XD(m) is that it's not on the roster of CA approved handguns, meaning the only way you'll be able to get one is through a PPT from someone else who already owns one.


    Statements I make on this forum should not be construed as giving legal advice or forming an attorney-client relationship.

    Comment

    • #3
      C.W.M.V.
      Banned
      • Feb 2010
      • 4647

      The shop I work at gets so many calls for XDM's. People can't believe its not on the list.

      Comment

      • #4
        pyro3k2
        Veteran Member
        • Oct 2009
        • 2649

        XDM's are not approved for sales in CA

        on a side note

        1911 or nothing!!!1!
        But I being poor, have only my dreams. I have spread my dreams under your feet. Tread softely, because you tread on my dreams.

        Comment

        • #5
          t0kie
          Veteran Member
          • Mar 2008
          • 3419

          1911 is a must have, it's classic.
          ________
          Buy Glass Pipes
          Last edited by t0kie; 09-19-2011, 2:42 PM.

          Comment

          • #6
            The Bean
            Junior Member
            • Aug 2010
            • 6

            Originally posted by kf6tac
            I don't have an XD(m), but I've got an XD and a Springfield Loaded 1911. Honestly, I can't even compare the two. I mean, they're both handguns, but when I shoot them, they definitely feel like completely different animals. I love the trigger pull on the 1911, it puts the XD trigger (factory with no modes) to shame. Accuracy... I shoot about the same on both, but it's safe to say that I won't outshoot either of those guns anytime soon.

            One thing to note about the XD(m) is that it's not on the roster of CA approved handguns, meaning the only way you'll be able to get one is through a PPT from someone else who already owns one.
            Thanks! yeah i don't know too much about either, to decide... does anyone know about how much a 1911 goes for? Springfield Armory, or Colt?

            Comment

            • #7
              pyro3k2
              Veteran Member
              • Oct 2009
              • 2649

              Originally posted by The Bean
              Thanks! yeah i don't know too much about either, to decide... does anyone know about how much a 1911 goes for? Springfield Armory, or Colt?
              I can't remember where I heard this but, "If it's not a Colt it's a clone."
              But I being poor, have only my dreams. I have spread my dreams under your feet. Tread softely, because you tread on my dreams.

              Comment

              • #8
                bsg
                I need a LIFE!!
                • Jan 2009
                • 25954

                since you are doing your research now... check out a variety of options; include the older w german/german Sig P220 .45 ACP in your research....

                welcome to the forum.

                Comment

                • #9
                  hefedehefe
                  Senior Member
                  • Aug 2010
                  • 2141

                  XD's are way more reliable. 1911's love to jam
                  War does not determine who is right - only who is left!!
                  I'll keep my money, guns and freedom...you can keep your "change"
                  "Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy" - Frank Sinatra
                  "Courage is being scared to death-but saddling up anyway" - John Wayne
                  "When I'm sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." - Neil Patrick Harrissigpic

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    C.W.M.V.
                    Banned
                    • Feb 2010
                    • 4647

                    Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight...so what's the weather like on the planet you live on?
                    I kid I kid, but seriously that's straight up FUD. I have many thousands of rounds through my 2 RIA's. Not one malfunction yet. Hell on Sunday I ran 500 rounds through em without any cleaning/lube and they worked fine. My other 1911's have had similar reliability. If your 1911 really jams a lot you need to have a smith look over your weapon. They aren't popular because they don't work.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      sirgiles
                      Senior Member
                      • Oct 2008
                      • 2311

                      1911 loves jam?
                      send your 1911 to a gunsmith.
                      "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine."

                      Bruce Lee

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Chief-7700
                        Veteran Member
                        • May 2008
                        • 3382

                        Originally posted by hefedehefe
                        XD's are way more reliable. 1911's love to jam
                        Really! After shooting a 1911 for more that 30 years had a few jams just like any other auto will.

                        XL-650 to feed the: .45ACP's Les Baer Concept V, Ruger SR 1911, Ruger Nightwatchman,custom built Colt M1911, Springfield .45ACP Loaded.. 9MM SA Range Officer,Ruger P-85, Springfield Stainless 9MM loaded, SA 9MM 5.25" XDM, Springfield 9mm Stainless Range Officer, STI double stack .45ACP.
                        IDPA A41750 Safety Officer
                        NRA Certified RSO
                        "Stay out of the deep end of the pool; correct the problem with your credit card, not your dremel!"

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          hefedehefe
                          Senior Member
                          • Aug 2010
                          • 2141

                          Maybe just my luck. I was really excited and about getting a 1911 once and went and tried shooting a few. Tried the G.I., Springfields and 2 Kimbers that were pretty much new and all jammed on me. So I ended up really liking the XD 45. It never jammed and shot reaally nice. Sometime I wish I bought the XD45 instead of the 40. But I'll try the 1911 again next time I go to the range
                          War does not determine who is right - only who is left!!
                          I'll keep my money, guns and freedom...you can keep your "change"
                          "Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy" - Frank Sinatra
                          "Courage is being scared to death-but saddling up anyway" - John Wayne
                          "When I'm sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." - Neil Patrick Harrissigpic

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            The Bean
                            Junior Member
                            • Aug 2010
                            • 6

                            Originally posted by bsg
                            since you are doing your research now... check out a variety of options; include the older w german/german Sig P220 .45 ACP in your research....

                            welcome to the forum.
                            Thanks, will do! I'm going to the range in a few days, and i think my buddy's got a sig i can try out.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              The Bean
                              Junior Member
                              • Aug 2010
                              • 6

                              Originally posted by pyro3k2
                              I can't remember where I heard this but, "If it's not a Colt it's a clone."
                              So... Do you know if there's any downside to a Springfield rather than a Colt? Like are they less reliable? I have heard they're cheaper, but i just thought that was cause it wasn't Colt.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1