Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

What is BUMP?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Boonter
    Junior Member
    • Jun 2009
    • 2

    What is BUMP?

    What does BUMP stand for?
  • #2
    maschronic
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 2006
    • 4388

    bumpidy bump bump. it brings a thread to the top of the list. welcome to calguns!!!
    I am offically a gun nut!!!!!

    Comment

    • #3
      Eroland7
      Senior Member
      • Jan 2009
      • 1645

      BTT... (back to the top) also common...
      Here kitty kitty...

      Comment

      • #4
        Turbinator
        Administrator
        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
        • Oct 2005
        • 11962

        ...and "bumping" a thread isn't really encouraged more than once in a 24 hour period, assuming it's a "for sale" thread.

        Needlessly bumping old threads for no reason will earn you some attention from the mods.

        Turby

        Comment

        • #5
          maschronic
          Veteran Member
          • Apr 2006
          • 4388

          Originally posted by Turbinator
          ...and "bumping" a thread isn't really encouraged more than once in a 24 hour period, assuming it's a "for sale" thread.

          Needlessly bumping old threads for no reason will earn you some attention from the mods.

          Turby
          listen to turby!! he is a holder of the ban stick.
          I am offically a gun nut!!!!!

          Comment

          • #6
            freonr22
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Dec 2008
            • 12948

            if it is a not for sale thread, can we bump after the 12am mark? or is that bad form? like if I make a post at 4pm, then realize, the timing was bad as people get off work soon then the late night crowd comes in @ 10am the next day is it acceptable 1x? or in bad taste? thank you
            sigpic
            Originally posted by dantodd
            We will win. We are right. We will never stop fighting.
            Originally posted by bwiese
            They don't believe it's possible, but then Alison didn't believe there'd be 350K - 400K OLLs in CA either.
            Originally posted by louisianagirl
            Our fate is ours alone to decide as long as we remain armed heavily enough to dictate it.

            Comment

            • #7
              maxwellca21
              Senior Member
              • Oct 2009
              • 954

              bump for those newbie who doesn't know what is "bump".

              bump.
              Si vis pacem, para bellum

              Comment

              • #8
                Burke
                Junior Member
                • Jan 2010
                • 6

                For freon22's specific query regarding the 'bump'y shades of gray?

                Originally posted by freonr22
                if it is a not for sale thread, can we bump after the 12am mark? or is that bad form? like if I make a post at 4pm, then realize, the timing was bad as people get off work soon then the late night crowd comes in @ 10am the next day is it acceptable 1x? or in bad taste? thank you

                Hello, as a noob here but not on viva el internet, I am confused at what appears to be freon22 (A Noted Veteran Member) asking this bump question... If freon22 is not asking, my apologies... if after almost 3,000 posts freon is asking 'hey what is that bump thing' ... then freon is my new forum hero across the net. Serious as heck. I'm so weary of folks always feeling like they have to know it all and act that way -especially when they don't! I myself admit to realizing after reading this thread that I have all along misunderstood what BUMP meant.

                Belief One - never be afraid to admit confusion as to what I see- especially in a new board; I have no desire to goof my posts up & I figure we all learn from honest and civil exchanges.

                Belief Two - if freon is genuinely asking this Question on 1/20/2010, my being old combined with my generic internet forum instincts say this-

                It seems acceptable once in a great while to bump the way you describe - for we all pretty much make postings sometimes and then realize that we may have been better off with changes to the time or content. But abuse of this will not be tolerated by the folks here (I can already tell) - as "subtle" as some people think they are being (that abuse part wasn't for freon, that was a generic internet observation while I glumly shook my head IRL).

                Well- not meaning to have my second post sound like I'm dishing out the goods at Calguns, but it seemed okay to hop in with my own mutual confusion as well as to immediately break any lurker status and hope that as time passes I may be a contributing member of a community.

                ... I just have to learn a whole lot more stuff first. Hah.
                Thanks, and hope I am in bounds here, start to end.

                Comment

                • #9
                  ChrisTKHarris
                  Veteran Member
                  • Sep 2009
                  • 4203

                  ^^^What's with the Courier New font? lol
                  Don't let the name fool you...

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    freonr22
                    I need a LIFE!!
                    • Dec 2008
                    • 12948

                    well the reason I asked was to add a tiny bit of exposure to a kids with special needs camp. It wasnt for a personal gain. and i went ahead and did it anyways, no one responded but the views went from 57 to 75... and ill end the bumping there for the mean time, ill bump it again in a week or 2
                    sigpic
                    Originally posted by dantodd
                    We will win. We are right. We will never stop fighting.
                    Originally posted by bwiese
                    They don't believe it's possible, but then Alison didn't believe there'd be 350K - 400K OLLs in CA either.
                    Originally posted by louisianagirl
                    Our fate is ours alone to decide as long as we remain armed heavily enough to dictate it.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      freonr22
                      I need a LIFE!!
                      • Dec 2008
                      • 12948

                      and by the way, WELCOME to the forum!!
                      sigpic
                      Originally posted by dantodd
                      We will win. We are right. We will never stop fighting.
                      Originally posted by bwiese
                      They don't believe it's possible, but then Alison didn't believe there'd be 350K - 400K OLLs in CA either.
                      Originally posted by louisianagirl
                      Our fate is ours alone to decide as long as we remain armed heavily enough to dictate it.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Saigon1965
                        CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                        • Nov 2003
                        • 17278

                        Join the confused crowd - Am asking questions just about every month -

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Burke
                          Junior Member
                          • Jan 2010
                          • 6

                          First, thanks freon! As for goofs, I almost hit reply with the words below w/out even noticing ...PAGE 2! Wow.

                          So, here's what almost got slapped on page 1...

                          "Yes, the font. I like to search deep within and without & around until I find something that suits me: represents who I am inside. Truly represents my SELF ...ah, not really. Not at all. Total crap! I just get visually bored, and I am a supreme dork.

                          Was I supposed to see what freon was bumping? Is it needed, required to add the 22 after freon- when there's only 3 individuals posting? No answers needed, I'll happily flail about as is how one learns in any internet forum.

                          Curiouser and curiouser. Nice to meetcha."

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            NaughtyMonkey
                            Senior Member
                            • Dec 2009
                            • 1832

                            First off welcome to the forums.

                            Second off, you have no idea what confused is, I ask questions everyday. May not necessary be on here.
                            -General George S. Patton Jr.
                            "In my opinion, the M1 Rifle is the greatest battle implement ever devised."

                            http://m1family.com
                            M1 Carbine Dedicated forum.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              freonr22
                              I need a LIFE!!
                              • Dec 2008
                              • 12948

                              Well there are maybe 30-65 types of refrigerants (commonly known as "freon").
                              sigpic
                              Originally posted by dantodd
                              We will win. We are right. We will never stop fighting.
                              Originally posted by bwiese
                              They don't believe it's possible, but then Alison didn't believe there'd be 350K - 400K OLLs in CA either.
                              Originally posted by louisianagirl
                              Our fate is ours alone to decide as long as we remain armed heavily enough to dictate it.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1