Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

A thought on sb249

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • chokeagoat
    Junior Member
    • Sep 2011
    • 11

    A thought on sb249

    Hi all, I'm hopeing that everyone is emailing, faxing, snail mailing and doing whats needed to stop sb249
    But I sadly think our efforts will be in vain.
    That being said, I was looking at the current law again, and I don't believe they will try to take our weapons, at least ar15 style because they can be relatively easily disassembled and can be easily converted to say rimfire. And if they were rimfire we would be allowed to have our flash supressors, detachable mags,etc
    The law applys to center fire.

    Also i have not looked into it yet, but I'm fairly certain it's not too hard to make the ar15 non semi auto, meaning make the action hold open after each shot, requiring a person to press a button to chamber another round.

    Just my thoughts hopefully they help anyone thanks!
  • #2
    chokeagoat
    Junior Member
    • Sep 2011
    • 11

    I realize this is the wrong place to put this thread.

    Comment

    • #3
      finyllw
      Member
      • Oct 2011
      • 397

      It isn't going to pass, but if it does, the NRA and Cal Guns will be all over this. There will be so many lawsuits that this bill will be bogged down so long everybody will forget about it.

      It is kinda funny that everybody who sells Monster Man grips and other CA compliant rear grips doesn't have any in stock.
      Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet.

      Comment

      • #4
        TacticalPlinker
        Veteran Member
        • Apr 2011
        • 2532

        Originally posted by finyllw
        It isn't going to pass, but if it does, the NRA and Cal Guns will be all over this. There will be so many lawsuits that this bill will be bogged down so long everybody will forget about it.

        It is kinda funny that everybody who sells Monster Man grips and other CA compliant rear grips doesn't have any in stock.
        That's my hope. I have a bad feeling it's going to pass, because Senator Yee and his supporters don't care about the facts or what California gun owners have to say, please don't fool yourself thinking otherwise.

        My hope is this...

        #1. There are still enough people in our state government with some common sense. By this I mean, it won't pass through the next committee or won't be signed by governor Brown if it gets that far down the line.

        #2. Like the De'Leon ammunition bills, the first of which passed, but is indefinitely on hold because of pending lawsuits. The second was vetoed by governor Brown because of the situation with the first. I'm hoping SB249 will be blocked from going to into effect in this manner, if it gets that far down the line.

        All that said, I regret selling my AK grip wrap. But I will be trying to pick up a new one just in case. I'm also going to be buying an AR lower Thursday or Friday, and I'm buying both ammunition and magazines when I can. It's super difficult on a tight budget, but I'm doing the best I can to protect myself, my family and exercise my constitutional rights.
        ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

        Comment

        • #5
          jpwups
          Member
          • Sep 2011
          • 136

          The Bill has been pulled. Good on you if you did something to help stop it.

          Comment

          • #6
            Cunha
            Member
            • Aug 2008
            • 443

            my birthday is tomorrow i consider this my present. I love california and as it stands the gun laws here are just tolerable enough. The anti gun environment is a bummer but the laws themselves and what is available is enough to keep me from really feeling terrible about living here.
            Last edited by Cunha; 08-14-2012, 7:55 PM.

            Comment

            • #7
              SgtMerc
              Senior Member
              • Dec 2011
              • 767

              Originally posted by jpwups
              The Bill has been pulled. Good on you if you did something to help stop it.
              I'm not considering it pulled until the end of session deadline. They could always reintroduce it before then.
              RIP Cpl Contreras, Sgt Atwell and LtCol Raible.

              Comment

              • #8
                Evil Dog
                Senior Member
                • Jun 2007
                • 1207

                Submitted by National Shooting Sports Foundation
                Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
                Freedom is a well-armed lamb contesting that vote. - Benjamin Franklin (1759)

                Comment

                • #9
                  tbhracing
                  Banned
                  • Oct 2008
                  • 5523

                  Dead for the year. Lets make sure it NEVER comes back and vote OUT Senator Lee.
                  Last edited by tbhracing; 08-15-2012, 1:42 AM.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    battleship
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jan 2008
                    • 4969

                    Getting Yee out of office should be our next priority once SB249 is surely gone.

                    I don't care if we put Coco the clown in his place.

                    Yee can go back to doing what he really enjoys shoplifting and chasing hookers.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      joev2340
                      Junior Member
                      • Jun 2012
                      • 62

                      We should ban yee from office permanently and california as well.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        darkvader44
                        Junior Member
                        • Apr 2010
                        • 86

                        I want everyone to send kudos to Sheriff "Stanley Sniff" of Riverside County who put the real issues of SB249 right where it needed to be;Assembly Appropriations Commitee.
                        Thank You Sheriff Stanley Sniff,the folks of your County are proud of your efforts as I am.
                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          TacticalPlinker
                          Veteran Member
                          • Apr 2011
                          • 2532

                          Originally posted by Evil Dog
                          If this is true, than OUT-F'ing-STANDING! Our 2nd Amendment is a little safer, and our guns are a little less illegal, at least for now...
                          ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Rude Robert
                            Member
                            • Apr 2010
                            • 194

                            How can we think him??

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              striker777
                              Senior Member
                              • Sep 2009
                              • 1309

                              Originally posted by Cunha
                              my birthday is tomorrow i consider this my present. I love california and as it stands the gun laws here are just tolerable enough. The anti gun environment is a bummer but the laws themselves and what is available is enough to keep me from really feeling terrible about living here.
                              and mine on the 18th I feel like the work of phone calls and faxing for two days has done some good and it did

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1