Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Can I help?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • sj916x
    Junior Member
    • Sep 2026
    • 7

    Can I help?

    Honest question, I'm new to Calguns (and guns in general), but it would be great to understand why the site has so many technical issues? I repeatedly get random errors specifically with private messages or posts loading. I have about 20+ year in systems engineering, cloud infrastructure, site reliability engineering, and platform security. I'm offering my services to help make the site stable and enjoyable for all because the more I learn about our ridiculous gun laws in the state, I believe it's even more critical to have a reliable and useful platform to make it easier for us to bring in new gun owners with the least amount of friction.
    Last edited by sj916x; 09-25-2026, 10:16 AM.
  • #2
    foothillman
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2017
    • 1178

    It has been a struggle.

    So we are running better thanks to some work on the database but the underlying issue is still there. It's being managed with cron jobs but the vB software has not been fixed and won't be until it is either updated or replaced. I really liked vB's software for a lot of years but the recent versions have just had too many
    ITrader FeedBack https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...k-100-positive

    Comment

    • #3
      saudadeii
      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
      CGN Contributor
      • Dec 2012
      • 3468

      Welcome to Calguns! Thanks for the otffer. It's been a long and arduous journey for us all. There is light at the end of the tunnel. We all hope it's not a train coming at us.
      My Marketplace Feedback: https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...k#post54003245

      Comment

      • #4
        sj916x
        Junior Member
        • Sep 2026
        • 7

        Appreciate the replies. Glad to hear there's a plan!

        Comment

        • #5
          user120312
          CGN/CGSSA Contributor
          CGN Contributor
          • Mar 2012
          • 8462

          If you have experience with Xenforo at the programming level I bet admin would appreciate help and advice as that transistion takes place in the background, on what I presume will be a parallel database.

          Their contacts are in the sticky threads at forum top. TIA.

          Comment

          Working...
          UA-8071174-1