Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

private firearm sales idea

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • JaMail
    Senior Member
    • Apr 2009
    • 1897

    private firearm sales idea

    let people donate 10.00 to calguns for 72 hours of sticky time.

    you post your pistol, you donate 10.00 to calguns, and a mod stickies it for 72 hours. you make a limit of 5 sticky threads at a time. your looking at raising 500 or so a month for the CGF...
    57
    GREAT IDEA
    0%
    22
    DUMBEST INVENTTION SINCE THE DVD REWINDER MACHINE.
    0%
    35
    Jason M- My 5 year old is a NRA life member, are you?

    WTB: Stoeger Condor Competition Combo (I'll trade 1911's or other handguns)
  • #2
    mtsul
    Senior Member
    • Apr 2009
    • 2024

    It's a "good idea" if it happened it would (I think) have to be XXX amount of $ for XXX amount of time and what happens if a item sells? Does he lose his/her time? I think we (Calguns) should sell say.... 5 spots a week that will always stay on top I know when I sell anything I'd buy 1 for a week for $0-30 just a thought

    But I agree good idea
    WTB M38 mosin
    sigpic

    Comment

    • #3
      HK35
      Senior Member
      • Nov 2010
      • 746

      That or a $2 donation to CGF per listing. That seems to work on other forums classifieds.
      Last edited by HK35; 05-18-2011, 3:50 PM.

      Comment

      • #4
        BANG BANG
        • Jul 2010
        • 2972

        Makes for a great incentive both ways..

        AND I had a VCR tape rewinder back in the day !!! it was awesome !!! LOL

        I still remember a lot of movie rental placed having stickers that read

        "Be kind and rewind" ha ha
        sigpic

        Need Auto Collision repair / Bay Area ? See my thread !!

        http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=476124

        Comment

        • #5
          HatersLOVEme : )
          Senior Member
          • Dec 2010
          • 956

          No offense intended here not trying to bag on your idea but its like setting up a inner lower and higher class structure really ! I mean what your really asking for / or want is a full and outright monopoly on the private sales section ?!?

          I can see it now a bunch of guys with deep pockets paying 10$ to keep their ads on the top for 72 hours so we will have to look through 2 or 3 pages of paid stickies to get to new or current ads and people who might have bought our for sale item would have to look through said special treatment ads before even seeing the regular ones in my opinion it's like paid for bumping / almost borderline paid for shilling really - it's unfair wrong on both ends and bad business for all accept the person paying the 10$ .

          I mean try to imagine it from the seller who is down on their luck and has to sell a few firearms to make ends meet so they are already short of cash and now they ether have to pay 10$ to even give their ad a shot at the first page which if they are only selling a 100$ C&R is 10% of their sale or a 200$ shotgun they are already taking a loss on it's a slap in the face really even more so to have their ad be on page three from the git or pay 5% of your sale for special page preference . We all want to make CGN a better place but not at the expense of it's members this is a member sight not e-bay .

          I think we should make a rule that if you post a item without a pic you pay a 1$ penalty per item

          BANG BANG I remember the Blockbuster employees wearing shirts and buttons that said that lol .
          sigpic

          FOR SALE ! MAGPUL GRIP - MAGPUL STOCK - MAGPUL RVG : CLICK HERE ! : https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1637308

          Comment

          • #6
            thedrickel
            Calguns Addict
            • Apr 2006
            • 5581

            Originally posted by JaMail
            let people donate 10.00 to calguns for 72 hours of sticky time.

            you post your pistol, you donate 10.00 to calguns, and a mod stickies it for 72 hours. you make a limit of 5 sticky threads at a time. your looking at raising 500 or so a month for the CGF...

            People don't even realize the difference b/w CGN and CGF? All you would be doing is lining Kest's pockets, not the CGF's.
            I hate people that are full of hate.

            It's not illegal to tip for PPT!

            Comment

            • #7
              Cyc Wid It
              Veteran Member
              • Mar 2009
              • 4485

              It works for other forums... plus it's a good way to raise money for CGN. It tends to also show a seller's commitment to selling an item(s).
              Last edited by Cyc Wid It; 05-18-2011, 2:42 PM.
              WTS all BNIB: Colt S70 Repro, HK45c, Gen4 G19

              Comment

              • #8
                JaMail
                Senior Member
                • Apr 2009
                • 1897

                @haters - thats why i said limit it to no more than 5 threads at a time, something reasonable like that.

                @drickel - i know what the difference is between a privately owned forum and a non profit foundation. whats your point? i put in the donations would go to the CGF, of which kest is a board member. i said nothing about lining his pockets with donations meant for a foundation.
                Jason M- My 5 year old is a NRA life member, are you?

                WTB: Stoeger Condor Competition Combo (I'll trade 1911's or other handguns)

                Comment

                • #9
                  novabrian
                  Veteran Member
                  • Nov 2009
                  • 2520

                  Originally posted by BANG BANG
                  Makes for a great incentive both ways..

                  AND I had a VCR tape rewinder back in the day !!! it was awesome !!! LOL

                  I still remember a lot of movie rental placed having stickers that read

                  "Be kind and rewind" ha ha
                  No,It's says DVD rewinder.You don't rewind DVD or CD's.LOL.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  UA-8071174-1