Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Anyone interested in having a reloading section?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • bluebaron
    Junior Member
    • Nov 2005
    • 45

    Anyone interested in having a reloading section?

    I'm sure there are some experts out there that could help us beginners.
  • #2
    caduckgunner
    Senior Member
    • Oct 2005
    • 1968

    I would like one. i don't know crap about reloading, but I want to learn.

    Comment

    • #3
      Wumpscut223
      Member
      • Dec 2005
      • 112

      Same here, when I get my 20 or 24 inch built, I'd like to learn to reload my own as well.

      Comment

      • #4
        50ae
        Senior Member
        • Oct 2005
        • 572

        I think this is a great idea.

        My I make this recomendation. Get a good NEW reloading book and read it several times before you even buy the equipment. Make yourself a nice area to reload and if you want a progressive look at Dillon. Yes, it is a bit more expensive than the others but with their warranty and service and the safety of the machine it more than makes up for it. I have a loaded Dillon XL 650. I had a cheap red machine before and dumped it quick when I had several primers blow at once on me.
        Proud to be a SoCal expatriate currently living in DFW, TX.

        Comment

        • #5
          Matt-man
          Member
          • Oct 2005
          • 343

          Do we really need a reloading section? I'm of the old school where you don't create a new section until you have so much traffic that you can't keep track of what's going on in your forum. I don't see that many reloading questions in the general forum...

          My recommendation for the beginner: The ABCs of Reloading. Covers rifle, pistol, shotgun in greater depth than most reloading manuals, plus has additional chapters on stuff like bullet casting, black powder cartridges, and so on.
          Somebody wake up Hicks.

          Comment

          • #6
            RRangel
            CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
            • Oct 2005
            • 5164

            Re-loading would be great but there are so many internet sources out there. It's not something that people need to be California specific.

            Comment

            • #7
              bluebaron
              Junior Member
              • Nov 2005
              • 45

              Good point. Went up to Angeles Range today and bought a few books. They've just opened a dedicated reloading shop.

              Comment

              • #8
                ]-|-[ GunBomB
                Junior Member
                • Dec 2005
                • 47

                I just finished a small reloading room, can't wait....

                Comment

                • #9
                  wuhungsix
                  Senior Member
                  • Oct 2005
                  • 813

                  as long as we dont have 500+ forums like glocktalk

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    killermarmot
                    Junior Member
                    • Jan 2004
                    • 53

                    A reloading forum would be awesome. I just started 12ga reloading and I've already gotten 2 of my other friends hooked. It's addictive and rewarding
                    ------------------------------------------
                    If you'd played by the rules, the ghost pirate rules and just run away; none of this would be happening, but no, you had to go nuts and kill a guy. -Ghost Pirate Captain

                    When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.
                    -God

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Pablo
                      Senior Member
                      • Feb 2005
                      • 657

                      This are good sources of knowledge for anyone that it's interested on the subject.


                      Comment

                      Working...
                      UA-8071174-1