Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Parallels H-Sphere Error: Wrong Host

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • blisster
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2008
    • 2337

    Parallels H-Sphere Error: Wrong Host

    I still always get that error page when entering http://calguns.net into a web browser from my home connection (Comcast, SF Bay Area).

    just an FYI.
    Originally posted by Edward Abbey
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government.
    Originally posted by W.H. Auden
    I and the public know
    What all schoolchildren learn,
    Those to whom evil is done
    Do evil in return.
  • #2
    blisster
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2008
    • 2337

    this is still happening.
    Originally posted by Edward Abbey
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government.
    Originally posted by W.H. Auden
    I and the public know
    What all schoolchildren learn,
    Those to whom evil is done
    Do evil in return.

    Comment

    • #3
      shark92651
      Vendor/Retailer
      • Oct 2006
      • 5431

      Sounds like a local domain name resolution issue. If you go to a command window in windows (in start bar or run "cmd.exe") and type "ping calguns.net" what IP address(es) does it report back?
      sigpic
      www.riflegear.com

      Comment

      • #4
        Kestryll
        Head Janitor
        • Oct 2005
        • 21613

        Try flushing your dns settings and then loading the page.

        Here is a link on how to flush your DNS cache:
        sigpic NRA Benefactor Life Member / CRPA Life Member / SAF Life Member
        Calguns.net an incorported entity - President.
        The Calguns Shooting Sports Assoc. - Vice President.
        The California Rifle & Pistol Assoc. - Director.
        DONATE TO NRA-ILA, CGSSA, AND CRPAF NOW!
        Opinions posted in this account are my own and unless specifically stated as such are not the approved position of Calguns.net, CGSSA or CRPA.

        Comment

        • #5
          GlockBlocker
          Member
          • Sep 2009
          • 346

          http://calguns.net/ just redirects to http://www.calguns.net/ ... so maybe just use the latter?

          Comment

          • #6
            blisster
            Senior Member
            • Jan 2008
            • 2337

            they both (calguns.net and www.calguns.net) resolve to the same ip address. Seems to me like it may be an issue with a load-balancer or vhost configuration on the data center side.
            I'm not mentioning this as a complaint from a user perspective but rather reporting it as something your sysadmin may want to look into. I don't get the same results when accessing it from a different ISP, but being that I do see this issue comming from Comcast, I'm sure others may be as well.
            Originally posted by Edward Abbey
            A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government.
            Originally posted by W.H. Auden
            I and the public know
            What all schoolchildren learn,
            Those to whom evil is done
            Do evil in return.

            Comment

            • #7
              Steyrlp10
              C3 Leader
              CGN Contributor - Lifetime
              • Nov 2008
              • 5341

              Originally posted by blisster
              they both (calguns.net and www.calguns.net) resolve to the same ip address. Seems to me like it may be an issue with a load-balancer or vhost configuration on the data center side.
              I'm not mentioning this as a complaint from a user perspective but rather reporting it as something your sysadmin may want to look into. I don't get the same results when accessing it from a different ISP, but being that I do see this issue comming from Comcast, I'm sure others may be as well.
              I think it's because we're in this city... I blame the Council
              sigpic

              If you live in Solano County, please join us at:
              http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/group.php?groupid=12


              NRA Certified Pistol Instructor

              Comment

              Working...
              UA-8071174-1