Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Threads Started by an Ignored User

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • mrdd
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2009
    • 2023

    Threads Started by an Ignored User

    It would be nice if threads started by a user who you have ignored don't display for you.
  • #2
    TKM
    Onward through the fog!
    CGN Contributor
    • Jul 2002
    • 10657

    If you hover over the title nothing will come up if it's one of your ignorees.
    It's not PTSD, it's nostalgia.

    Comment

    • #3
      creampuff
      • Jan 2006
      • 3730

      Originally posted by mrdd
      It would be nice if threads started by a user who you have ignored don't display for you.
      As well as when others quote the ignored person.

      Comment

      • #4
        mrdd
        Senior Member
        • Jan 2009
        • 2023

        Originally posted by TKM
        If you hover over the title nothing will come up if it's one of your ignorees.
        Yes, but often I don't even want to see the thread title.

        Comment

        • #5
          The Gleam
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Feb 2011
          • 13435

          Empower yourself to ignore something without dependence on an "ignore" feature to do it.

          Be the ignoring grace that you wish to see in the world.

          Only you can prevent acknowledgement of those whom you wish to ignore.

          However, don't worry; if you can't muster the temerity to ignore, I'm sure California legislators will soon enact a law that requires website forums to facilitate mandated ignore features to keep the "ignore-challenged" from being exposed to those atrocities of humanity that may cause them undue harm and to be offended so unkindly.

          For that matter, I won't be offended if you put me on your ignore list.

          It's OK, I'll manage.
          -----------------------------------------------
          Originally posted by Librarian
          What compelling interest has any level of government in knowing what guns are owned by civilians? (Those owned by government should be inventoried and tracked, for exactly the same reasons computers and desks and chairs are tracked: responsible care of public property.)

          If some level of government had that information, what would they do with it? How would having that info benefit public safety? How would it benefit law enforcement?

          Comment

          • #6
            Bangzoom
            Calguns Addict
            • Jul 2012
            • 6794

            even better if i didn't see what these imbeciles were saying when people quote them

            Comment

            • #7
              five.five-six
              CGN Contributor
              • May 2006
              • 34928

              Originally posted by mrdd
              This message is hidden because mrdd is on your ignore list.

              What you are asking for is the equivalent of a LCI on threads.


              Sorry Karen but, No.

              Comment

              • #8
                mrdd
                Senior Member
                • Jan 2009
                • 2023

                Originally posted by five.five-six
                What you are asking for is the equivalent of a LCI on threads.


                Sorry Karen but, No.
                Sorry, I don't see that as a valid comparison.

                Also, your attempt to discredit my position using childish name calling is really not productive.

                Comment

                • #9
                  axel4488
                  Senior Member
                  • Jan 2011
                  • 1586

                  Originally posted by mrdd
                  Sorry, I don't see that as a valid comparison.

                  Also, your attempt to discredit my position using childish name calling is really not productive.
                  But you are being a complete moron. You want to install a feature that if it even exists, will take time out of the site managers day to code. Just so you won't get your panties in a bunch seeing someone on your crybaby list make a thread. Like the poster above you said, get over yourself and learn to move on.
                  Originally posted by ibanezfoo
                  Fallout isn't just a game, its for training.

                  Get your power armor as fast as possible.
                  Originally posted by cabinetguy
                  im hoping for a milsurp shoulder thingy that goes up

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    five.five-six
                    CGN Contributor
                    • May 2006
                    • 34928

                    Originally posted by axel4488
                    But you are being a complete moron. You want to install a feature that if it even exists, will take time out of the site managers day to code. Just so you won't get your panties in a bunch seeing someone on your crybaby list make a thread. Like the poster above you said, get over yourself and learn to move on.

                    Dang it! I had him on ignore..... You quoted him!!!... now I had to see his post!!!

                    I'm going to report this to somebody!

                    I am offended

                    Please excuse me while I go to my safe space.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      pacrat
                      I need a LIFE!!
                      • May 2014
                      • 10285

                      Originally posted by mrdd
                      It would be nice if threads started by a user who you have ignored don't display for you.
                      Originally posted by mrdd
                      Yes, but often I don't even want to see the thread title.
                      You can easily resolve your own discomfort at seeing the authors name on the forum index under the thread title.

                      Simply use your mouse to move the little pointy thingy to the top right hand corner of your screen. Stop on the X

                      THEN CLICK IT

                      Your problem miraculously vanishes, and you are again at peace with the world.

                      Your Welcome.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        mrdd
                        Senior Member
                        • Jan 2009
                        • 2023

                        Originally posted by axel4488
                        But you are being a complete moron. You want to install a feature that if it even exists, will take time out of the site managers day to code. Just so you won't get your panties in a bunch seeing someone on your crybaby list make a thread. Like the poster above you said, get over yourself and learn to move on.
                        I never suggested anything like you purport. I thought that there might be something configurable or something.

                        Who is acting like a ...? Never mind.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          five.five-six
                          CGN Contributor
                          • May 2006
                          • 34928

                          Originally posted by mrdd
                          I never suggested anything like you purport. I thought that there might be something configurable or something.

                          Who is acting like a ...? Never mind.
                          Just kidding, I didn’t really put you on ignore.


                          I do have to ask, what did somebody say that was sooooo bad that you don’t even want to see their thread titles?

                          This is a serious question. I do want to know.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            mrdd
                            Senior Member
                            • Jan 2009
                            • 2023

                            I did not put you on ignore either. It actually takes a lot for me to consider doing that.

                            In short: it was something involving human waste processes in the title of the thread. I pondered about whether I really needed to be reading about that on this forum. So, I tried ignoring them, because that works with some forum software, it hides the entire thread. But, it does not work here, so *here* we are.

                            Consider the matter closed.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Dragunov
                              Senior Member
                              • Dec 2008
                              • 1953

                              I defend the right for everyone to speak their piece, so I don't put them on "ignore". If I don't like what someone is saying, I can either respond with my displeasure, or just not respond at all. No need for "ignore".

                              On the very rare occasion I DO put someone on ignore, it's just temporary.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1