Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

search function - searches with numerals only return -0-

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • trashman
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2006
    • 3824

    search function - searches with numerals only return -0-

    Gents,

    I frequently search for guns based on a numeric model number on various forums, and I've started noticing that I can't here -- the search always just returns 'zero' if the search string is a number only.

    However, if I search for a number+symbol/alpha character, then I get results no problem.

    An obvious example is '870'. I *know* there are some posts in the Shotgun forum with the term 870 in it!

    cheers, and thanks for all your work keeping things moving around here -

    --Neill
    sigpic
  • #2
    ke6guj
    Moderator
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Nov 2003
    • 23725

    has nothing to do with all numbers, its the fact that its only 3 characters. A search for '1911' brings up 500 results.

    It used to work for 3 letter searches, but around the time that they started upgrading the servers, it looks like it got bumped back to 4. Maybe after the new backend is all set up, they can change itback to 3 letters, and even add in some specific 2-letter combos that need to be indexed, like G3, etc.
    Jack



    Do you want an AOW or C&R SBS/SBR in CA?

    No posts of mine are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.

    Comment

    • #3
      Black Majik
      Calguns Addict
      • Oct 2005
      • 9695

      I requested looking into this since the switch to geovario, but so far been ignored.

      It's a real hinderance also I agree. Seems everything I want to search for is 3 characters long.

      Comment

      • #4
        trashman
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2006
        • 3824

        Got it, thanks for the clarification.

        In the interim I'll just have to spend more time buying 4th Gen S&W autos and more 1911's...

        --Neill
        sigpic

        Comment

        Working...
        UA-8071174-1