Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Log ins

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Sailormilan2
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2006
    • 3485

    Log ins

    Site is acting strange. Repeated log ins, and site not remembering a log in even when told to remember user.
  • #2
    Nego
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2026
    • 1243

    I have to log in a lot too otherwise no issues. Compared to the old problems this is nothin lol

    Comment

    • #3
      Kyle1886
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2009
      • 4275

      If you have already logged in and leaving a subfourm, etc. and the login screen pops up try hitting the back arrow and most of the time it will take you back to the forums and continue as usual. There are occasions that will not work but most of the time it does.

      Kyle
      Here's to Calguns.net, past, present, and the future πŸΈπŸΈβ€‹πŸ·πŸ» 🍹
      iTrader = +3, %100, Location: N. San Diego Co
      https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...6#post54001874
      _________+__________

      Comment

      • #4
        k1dude
        I need a LIFE!!
        • May 2009
        • 15926

        Are you all talking about the

        Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page. For assistance contact the site administrator.

        You may be to required to log in before you can view this page.
        problem?

        If so, I agree it's been getting worse with time. I used to get it about once every 10 or 20 views. Now it's like every 3 views.
        "Show me a young conservative and I'll show you a man without a heart. Show me an old liberal and I'll show you a man without a brain." - Sir Winston Churchill

        "I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Senator Barry Goldwater

        Comment

        • #5
          Kyle1886
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2009
          • 4275

          It's the page with the yellow banner that starts with "PART DEUX" sign in page. Just hit me twice in a row and the back arrow didn't work this time. I had to dump ,Net and open it again. I very seldom sign out. Yeah, it's becoming more frequent.

          Kyle

          ETA: there seems to be more "ERROR" messages on posting, however the post does post, at least so far.
          Last edited by Kyle1886; 09-25-2026, 12:33 PM.
          Here's to Calguns.net, past, present, and the future πŸΈπŸΈβ€‹πŸ·πŸ» 🍹
          iTrader = +3, %100, Location: N. San Diego Co
          https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...6#post54001874
          _________+__________

          Comment

          • #6
            Devilock04
            Veteran Member
            • Oct 2010
            • 3906

            Been experiencing the same thing the last couple days. Repeatedly getting logged out even though I never left the site. And it’s happening on both the mobile site and the desktop site.

            Also getting a random error that looks like gibberish to me when I click on the page buttons sometimes.
            Loyalty to country, ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, WHEN IT DESERVES IT. - Mark Twain


            sigpic

            Comment

            • #7
              Preston-CLB
              Veteran Member
              • Apr 2018
              • 4319

              Same here. It happens many times per day. Sometimes using the 'Back' button works, other times it doesn't and I have to log in again. It's frustrating.

              Windows 10, MS Edge.
              -P
              ? "If you want nice fresh oats, you have to pay a fair price. If you are satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse, well, that comes a little cheaper."

              Comment

              • #8
                user120312
                CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                CGN Contributor
                • Mar 2012
                • 8477

                The problem appears to be more prevalent now than during the downtimes the past couple years and when the forum functionality first was fixed.

                This morning it seems to find every thread clicked on and the usual workaround of avoiding the new or last post icon is only minimally effective.

                Comment

                • #9
                  CALI-gula
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Jan 2006
                  • 7220

                  Only in the past few days, nearly EVERY time I click on something, a thread title or link to open it, I get the page that says "your are not authorized, yada yada". However I'm logged in and checked the remember me box. Very annoying. If I refresh the screen a couple of times it then opens or works, or back-screen to the forum link, it works, but very annoying.


                  "Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page. For assistance contact the site administrator.

                  You may be to required to log in before you can view this page.



                  Also, almost every time I post a reply now I get this message, but when I refresh or click post reply again, it works.


                  Error while saving content: %1$s

                  Error information: " 0 error "


                  .

                  Last edited by CALI-gula; 09-27-2026, 12:18 PM.
                  ------------------------

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    CALI-gula
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Jan 2006
                    • 7220

                    Originally posted by k1dude
                    Are you all talking about the

                    problem?

                    If so, I agree it's been getting worse with time. I used to get it about once every 10 or 20 views. Now it's like every 3 views.
                    Yes, this is the same one I'm getting just about EVERY time i click on something the past week.

                    .
                    ------------------------

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Kyle1886
                      Veteran Member
                      • Dec 2009
                      • 4275

                      Yeah, I wish there was a way to zap that page..

                      Kyle
                      Here's to Calguns.net, past, present, and the future πŸΈπŸΈβ€‹πŸ·πŸ» 🍹
                      iTrader = +3, %100, Location: N. San Diego Co
                      https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...6#post54001874
                      _________+__________

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Preston-CLB
                        Veteran Member
                        • Apr 2018
                        • 4319

                        Yeah, it's getting really old.

                        Fix, please.
                        -P
                        ? "If you want nice fresh oats, you have to pay a fair price. If you are satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse, well, that comes a little cheaper."

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          RCxRC
                          Member
                          • Sep 2008
                          • 169

                          It is just crazy. Three times I have navigated back to this page in an attempt to post a reply, and each time upon arriving at this thread page, I was logged out and not allowed to post. I had to log back in three separate times and re-visit the thread link in the sub-forum list to finally get back here and still be logged in so I could post.

                          This info showed up from an online search for the error message(s). You know it is bad when an AI search lists CG as a prime example of the problem!

                          To make things worse, I was attempting a post this morning and receiving this error message repeatedly. It turns out that each time, my post WAS being put up on the sub-forum, but the error message was making me think I had put something wrong in my message, so I attempted tweaking and reposting. As a result, my same (nearly exact) post was posted twice within 2 minutes on the same sub-forum....?! :


                          AI Overview The message Error while saving content: %1$s Error information: " 0 error " is a XenForo or similar forum software AJAX template error that typically points to a backend database block, server timeout, or empty HTTP response code (status 0) when a post, reply, or edit fails to transmit.

                          Overview of the Issue
                          • What it means: The frontend web form lost communication with the server (status 0 usually indicates the browser failed to receive any HTTP response, often due to a dropped connection, server-side firewall block, or a crashed backend script/database error).
                          • Where it happens: Commonly reported on community platforms running older or glitchy forum integrations, such as Calguns Net or Forumania.
                          Troubleshooting Steps
                          • Refresh and Retain Text: Copy your drafted text to your clipboard immediately so you don't lose your work if the page reloads.
                          • Check Connection / Extensions: Try disabling ad-blockers, privacy extensions, or VPNs that might intercept or block asynchronous POST requests (AJAX/XHR).
                          • Clear Browser Data: Clear your browser cookies and site cache for the specific domain, or test the action in a clean/incognito window.
                          • Server-Side Outage: If it persists across different browsers and networks, the forum's backend database or server daemon is likely dropping incoming connections, requiring intervention from the site administrator.
                          If this is happening on a specific website or forum, let me know the URL so I can check if there are ongoing server issues or specific platform fixes.
                          Last edited by RCxRC; 10-01-2026, 11:04 AM.
                          "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat. ..."
                          --Theodore Roosevelt, "The Strenuous Life," April 10, 1899

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          UA-8071174-1