Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 10-15-2010, 9:01 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Default CGF Call to Action - WWW.CALGUNSFOUNDATION.ORG/VOLUNTEER

All,

Calguns Foundation is actively seeking volunteers from each and every California county who want to make a difference and are free of any prohibiting history; for a list prohibiting conditions, see the end of this post. It's important that we have coverage in each county - let's "get the word out" across the state.

Unfortunately, we can't share much about the nature of this request just yet... As Bill Wiese says, "CGF: when you absolutely, positively have to sue every mother****** in the room!".

If you are interested in working with CGF to advance gun rights in your area and across California, please let us know by signing up to volunteer at Calguns Foundation at www.calgunsfoundation.org/volunteer.

If for some reason you can't get involved directly as a volunteer, consider making a fully tax-deductible donation to CGF which will go straight to the front lines and support the numerous lawsuits and initiatives coming soon.

Don't forget to sign up at www.calgunsfoundation.org and follow @CalgunsFdn for all the latest news and 2A resources. Please do pass the word along to your friends, family and shooting buddies. CGF is coming to town armed and ready with the nation's preeminent 2A litigators and operations team... and we're coming soon.

Thank you for your support; we look forward to working closely with you to advance our Right to Keep and Bear Arms.

-Brandon

Prohibiting Conditions

CALIFORNIA PROHIBITING CATEGORIES FOR A CCW LICENSE
As of January, 1999
• Persons convicted of a felony, or any offense enumerated in section 12021.1 of the Penal Code (PC).
• Persons addicted to the use of narcotics.
• Persons denied firearm possession as a condition of probation pursuant to PC section 12021(d).
• Persons convicted of a specified misdemeanor pursuant to PC section 12021(c)(1) are prohibited from purchasing
or possessing firearms for 10 years (see Attachment 2).
• Juveniles adjudged wards of the juvenile court because they committed a 707(b) Welfare and Institutions Code (WIC)
offense, an offense described in PC section 1203.073(b) or any offense enumerated in PC section 12021(c)(1) are
prohibited until they reach age 30.
• Persons who are subject to a protective order as defined in section 6218 of the Family Code, or a temporary restraining order or injunction issued pursuant to sections 527.6 or 527.8 of the Code of Civil Procedure.
• Persons found by a court to be a danger to others because of mental illness.
• Persons found by a court to be mentally incompetent to stand trial.
• Persons found by a court to be not guilty by reason of insanity.
• Persons adjudicated to be a mentally disordered sex offender.
• Persons placed on a conservatorship because they are gravely disabled as a result of a mental disorder or impairment by chronic alcoholism
• Persons who communicate a threat to a licensed psychotherapist, against a reasonably identifiable victim, and the psychotherapist reports to law enforcement pursuant to WIC section 8100(b), are prohibited from purchasing or possessing a firearm for 6 months.
• Persons in a mental health facility certified pursuant to WIC sections 5250, 5260, and 5270.15 are prohibited from possessing or purchasing or attempting to purchase firearms for 5 years.
• Persons who are voluntary patients in a mental facility who are determined to be a danger to self or others are prohibited from purchasing or possessing a firearm between admission and discharge.
• Persons under indictment or information in any court for a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year.
CALIFORNIA PROHIBITING MISDEMEANORS
As of January, 1999

Pursuant to Penal Code (PC) section 12021(c)(1), any person who has been convicted of a misdemeanor violation for any of the following offenses is prohibited from owning, possessing, or having under his or her custody or
control any firearms within 10 years of the conviction:
• Threatening public officers, employees and school officials (PC section 71).
• Threatening certain public officials, appointees, judges, staff or their families with the intent and apparent ability
to carry out the threat (PC section 76).
• Possessing a deadly weapon with the intent to intimidate a witness (PC section 136.5).
• Threatening witnesses, victims, or informants (PC section 140).
• Attempting to remove or take a firearm from the person or immediate presence of a public or peace officer (PC section 148(d)).
• Unauthorized possession of a weapon in a courtroom, courthouse or court building, or at a public meeting (PC section 171(b)).
• Bringing into or possessing a loaded firearm within the state capitol, legislative offices, etc. (PC section 171c).
• Taking into or possessing loaded firearms within the Governor’s Mansion or residence of other constitutional officers, etc. (PC section 171(d)).
• Supplying, selling or giving possession of a firearm to a person for participation in criminal street gangs (PC section 186.28).
• Assault (PC sections 240, 241)
• Battery (PC sections 242, 243).
• Assault with a stun gun or Taber weapon (PC section 244.5)
• Assault with deadly weapon or force likely to produce great bodily injury (PC section 245).
• Assault with a deadly weapon or instrument, by any means likely to produce great bodily injury or with a stun gun or Taber on a school employee engaged in performance of duties (PC section 245.5).
• Shooting at an inhabited or occupied dwelling house, building, vehicle, aircraft, horsecart or camper (PC section 246).
• Discharging a firearm in a grossly negligent manner (PC section 246.3)
• Shooting at an unoccupied aircraft, motor vehicle, or uninhabited building or dwelling house (PC section 247)
• Inflicting corporal injury on a spouse or significant other (PC section 273.5)
• Willfully violating a domestic protective order (PC section 273.6).
• Drawing, exhibiting, or using any deadly weapon other than a firearm (PC sections 417(a)(1), 417(a)(2)).
• Brandishing a firearm in presence of a peace officer (PC section 417.1 – repealed by stats. 1998).
• Drawing or exhibiting, selling, manufacturing, or distributing firearm replicas or imitations (PC section 417.2).
• Inflicting serious bodily injury as a result of brandishing (PC section 417.6).
• Bringing into or possessing firearms upon or within public schools and grounds (PC section 626.9).
• Stalking (PC section 646.9).
• Armed criminal action (PC section 12023).
• Possessing a deadly weapon with intent to commit an assault (PC section 12024).
• Driver or any vehicle who knowingly permits another person to discharge a firearm from the vehicle or any
person who will fully and maliciously discharges a firearm from a motor vehicle (PC sections 12034(b), 12034(d)).
• Criminal possession of a firearm (PC section 12040).
• Firearms dealer who sells or transfers or gives possession of any firearm to a minor or a handgun to a person under the age of 21 (PC section 12072(b)).
• Various violations involving sales and transfers of firearms (PC section 12072(g)(3)).
• Person or corporation who sells any concealable firearm to any minor (PC section 12100(a) – repealed by stats. 1994).
• Unauthorized possession/transportation of a machine gun (PC section 12220).
• Possession of ammunition designed to penetrate metal or armor (PC section 12320).
• Carrying a concealed or loaded firearm or other deadly weapon or wearing a peace officer uniform, while picketing (PC section 12590).
• Bringing firearm related contraband into juvenile hall (WIC section 871.5).
• Bringing firearm related contraband into a youth authority institution (WIC section 1001.5).
• Purchase, possession, or receipt of a firearm or deadly weapon by a person receiving in-patient treatment for a mental disorder, or by a person who has communicated to a licensed psychotherapist a serious threat of physical
violence against an identifiable victim (WIC section 8100).
• Providing a firearm or deadly weapon to a person described in WIC sections 8100 or 8103 (WIC section 8101).
• Purchase, possession, or receipt of a firearm or deadly weapon by a person who has been adjudicated to be a mentally disordered sex offender or found to be mentally incompetent to stand trial, or not guilty by reason of insanity, and individuals placed under a conservatorship (WIC section 8103).
FEDERAL PROHIBITING CATEGORIES FOR POSSESSING FIREARMS
Gun Control Act of 1968, Title 18 U.S.C. Chapter 44
As of January, 1999

Pursuant to Section 922, any person listed below is prohibited from possessing, shipping, transporting, or receiving any firearm, who:
• Has been convicted in any court of a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year.
• Is a fugitive from justice.
• Is an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance.
• Has been adjudicated as a mental defective or committed to a mental institution.
• Is an alien illegally or unlawfully in the United States.
• Has been discharged from the Armed Forces under dishonorable conditions.
• Having been a citizen of the United States, has renounced U.S. citizenship.
• Is subject to a court order that restrains the person from harassing, stalking, or threatening an intimate partner or child of such intimate partner.
• Has been convicted in any court of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence.
• Is under indictment for a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year.
• Has an out-of-state prohibitive criminal history.
• Has a prior denial on a previous National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) inquiry.

I do not read private messages, and my inbox is usually full. If you need to reach me, please email me instead.

My comments are not the official position or a statement of any organization unless stated otherwise. My comments are not legal advice; if you want or need legal advice, hire a lawyer.

Last edited by wildhawker; 11-12-2010 at 4:33 PM..
Old 10-15-2010, 9:05 PM
Calguns Addict

Old 10-15-2010, 9:05 PM

Oh, huh, the shortest two weeks, ever!
Old 10-15-2010, 9:06 PM
No, I am not a Moderator!

@dantodd - no space....

-Gene

DONATE NOW
to support the rights of California gun owners. Follow @CalgunsFdn on Twitter.
Opinions posted in this account are my own and not the approved position of any organization.
I read PMs. But, if you need a response, include an email address or email me directly!

"The problem with being a gun rights supporter is that the left hates guns and the right hates rights." -Anon
Old 10-15-2010, 9:07 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffmang View Post

@dantodd - no space....

-Gene
Stupid phone puts one in automagicaly. I'll eventually get used to it. I really like the phone but there are some annoying things. Doesn't help that the CGN iOS interface doesn't allow quoting or editing posts.

Now back to your very exciting programming.
650-315-2210
http://CoyotePointArmory.com
Old 10-15-2010, 9:08 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Will physical presence in CA be required?

As a student I maintain my CA residency and permenant address in SLO county but am away at school in NYC.

Subscribe to Proto Ordnance
Old 10-15-2010, 9:15 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Sign me up. Will fwd requested info when I am on a computing device that does't mandate input via thumbs.

Old 10-15-2010, 9:16 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJAX22 View Post
Will physical presence in CA be required?

As a student I maintain my CA residency and permenant address in SLO county but am away at school in NYC.
Um....see me.
Old 10-15-2010, 9:19 PM
Banned

Default Re: CGF Request - Need Volunteers in Every County *ASAP*

Email doesn't work
Old 10-15-2010, 9:25 PM

E-mail sent!

Count me in!
Old 10-15-2010, 9:29 PM
Calguns Addict

Email sent.

Sometimes the law defends plunder and participates in it. Sometimes the law places the whole apparatus of judges, police, prisons and gendarmes at the service of the plunderers, and treats the victim -- when he defends himself -- as a criminal. Bastiat

“Everything the State says is a lie, and everything it has it has stolen.” Friedrich Nietzsche
Old 10-15-2010, 9:30 PM

Just sent an email
Why do you need an armored car for an armored car service? Just start it in Alameda county. If you can have a gun show without guns surely the county attorney would understand an armored car company without an armored car.
Old 10-15-2010, 9:34 PM

Default Information sent.

I am ready and very willing to help. Just let me know how.

"A FREE PEOPLE OUGHT NOT ONLY BE ARMED AND DISCIPLINED, BUT THEY SHOULD HAVE SUFFICIENT ARMS AND AMMUNITION TO MAINTAIN A STATUS OF INDEPENDENCE FROM ANY WHO MIGHT ATTEMPT TO ABUSE THEM, WHICH WOULD INCLUDE THEIR OWN GOVERNMENT."

- GEORGE WASHINGTON
Old 10-15-2010, 9:34 PM

Sent
Old 10-15-2010, 9:35 PM

Thumbs up Representing Merced County, Me!

Awaiting further instruction, Sir!
Old 10-15-2010, 9:36 PM
Calguns Addict

E-mail sent
Old 10-15-2010, 9:43 PM
Banned

Email sent.
Old 10-15-2010, 9:44 PM

e-mail sent.

One thing you might want to add to your list is screen name.
Old 10-15-2010, 9:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardW56 View Post
E-mail sent
This.
Old 10-15-2010, 9:48 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

LA County here. I are a purfect candidate.

I put in my screen name as well.
Old 10-15-2010, 9:48 PM
Veteran Member

This is going to be good. I just hope it doesnt take too long for the cat to escape the bag!

Edit: oh yeah, from Amador County

Last edited by MP301; 10-16-2010 at 8:34 PM..
Old 10-15-2010, 9:49 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Email sent, L.A. County here.
Originally Posted by SJgunguy24 View Post
Some people are so open minded, their brains have fallen out.

WTB: Saiga .223 bolt; HK G3 bolt; Chinese AK pistol grips; milled AK cut receiver pieces and stubs.
Old 10-15-2010, 9:52 PM
Moderator Emeritus
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Orange County - Sent.
Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.
--Cesare, Marquis of Beccaria, "On Crimes and Punishment"
Old 10-15-2010, 9:53 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Good idea on username, will add as soon as I'm back at a PC.

-Brandon
Old 10-15-2010, 9:56 PM
I need a LIFE!!

MP,

Two... something.
Old 10-15-2010, 9:58 PM
Veteran Member

You want people to "volunteer" for something without knowing anything about it?
Old 10-15-2010, 10:02 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrist View Post
I suspect that most people have a pretty good idea what it means when Brandon is looking for vols. based on their county of residence who are not prohibited and ready to assist in "suing every mother****** in the room"
650-315-2210
Old 10-15-2010, 10:02 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
+3000 posts on this board and you don't yet trust CGF?

It's not like you wouldn't be able to pull out if/when push actually came to shove.
Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.
--Cesare, Marquis of Beccaria, "On Crimes and Punishment"
Old 10-15-2010, 10:03 PM
Calguns Addict

Information sent for San Mateo County. Hope I can help

WTS - S&W 27-2 3.5 Barrel with Box and Presentation Case

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1021514
Old 10-15-2010, 10:05 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
uhhmm...yes. Yes he does. And darned if I'm not tripping over myself to get in line.
Old 10-15-2010, 10:13 PM
Calguns Addict

Sent the email. I have a feeling I'm going to like where this going.

Last edited by berto; 10-15-2010 at 10:17 PM..
Old 10-15-2010, 10:15 PM

Email sent, San Luis Obispo. Is there an age minimum?
Old 10-15-2010, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdsmchs View Post
It's not like you wouldn't be able to pull out if/when push actually came to shove.
That's what he said to her....

Sorry - couldn't resist - back to the black op already underway.

-Gene

DONATE NOW
Opinions posted in this account are my own and not the approved position of any organization.
I read PMs. But, if you need a response, include an email address or email me directly!

"The problem with being a gun rights supporter is that the left hates guns and the right hates rights." -Anon

Quote:
Originally Posted by patsline74 View Post
Email sent, San Luis Obispo. Is there an age minimum?
18 definitely - probably 21.

-Gene

DONATE NOW

Email sent. I know there are a bunch of LA County volunteers already but hey, its a huge county

Random Thoughts of a Cereal Kind.
Old 10-15-2010, 10:20 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffmang View Post
Sorry - couldn't resist - back to the black op already underway.
I wonder if some of the SO/SD reps who read the board have this nagging feeling in the back of their heads about the LCAV special black op and wondering if this too is a charade. But then since I posted something like that it couldn't be. But if I mentioned that it couldn't be maybe it is.....
650-315-2210
Old 10-15-2010, 10:21 PM
Veteran Member

Request completed .
Old 10-15-2010, 10:22 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantodd View Post
I wonder if some of the SO/SD reps who read the board have this nagging feeling in the back of their heads about the LCAV special black op and wondering if this too is a charade. But then since I posted something like that it couldn't be. But if I mentioned that it couldn't be maybe it is.....
Or, maybe it's not, but then again, it might be, unless it isn't or possibly it is.

Volunteer email sent.

Unless there is some way to amend a bill so you would support it,
the details do not matter until the Governor signs or allows the bill to become law.

Ask CA law questions in the How CA Laws Apply to/Affect Me Forum
- most questions that start 'Is it legal ...' go there.

Not a lawyer, just Some Guy On The Interwebs.

Old 10-15-2010, 10:24 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantodd View Post
Double reverse psychology.
Old 10-15-2010, 10:25 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarian View Post

Volunteer email sent.
I thought you were a Sacto resident now?
650-315-2210