^^^^ Sounds about right
Since it's already there mind as well keep it there if money is a factor unless she has a personal attachment to that piece or would like to pass it on to his son[s] or daughter[s] which they can pay for the dros. Would be different if it came in as a repair right? No dros needed to return to her possession?
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Consignment owner passed away
Collapse
X
-
-
It is legally the estate's property. Barring any other legal documents, the widow is already the legal owner. The PD has no legal right to claim or take the gun unless the widow wants them to. Ask the widow if she wants it or if she wants you to continue trying to sell it for her.Leave a comment:
-
I wonder how the DOJ thought process works. Low man on the totem pole has to answer the public phone?Leave a comment:
-
If local PD were to take firearm, would you be paying widow full value for her property?Leave a comment:
-
DROS back to widow seems like the best solution.
I don't see any reason PD should be involved. They no nothing of FFL procedures.Leave a comment:
-
Consignment owner passed away
What exactly do I do here? Widow came in with death cert, and his DL, and her DL matches last name and details.
I called DOJ and got.. "ummm" "see if the local PD wants it,and if not, dros it back to the widow?" I have a call into the local PD, and not have a call back yet.
Some help here please?
Thanks!Tags: None
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,767
Posts: 25,151,477
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,815
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 19939 users online. 114 members and 19825 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Leave a comment: