Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

AOW FFL's

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • n2k
    replied
    Originally posted by OCArmory
    Give us a call. I would be happy to help. There is a thread in the shotgun section I think with a picture of our store demo.
    This one.....(my next purchase after my Shorty arrives)

    Leave a comment:


  • OCArmory
    replied
    Give us a call. I would be happy to help. There is a thread in the shotgun section I think with a picture of our store demo.

    Leave a comment:


  • CSACANNONEER
    replied
    Originally posted by tenpercentfirearms
    And if you are coming on sole account of that photo, I don't do live modeling. You won't find me in the shop without clothes on. I am sure that is disappointing to some, but mainly a relief to the rest of you.
    When did this change? Newbees will never understand why you're called 10% now.

    Leave a comment:


  • EBR Works
    replied
    Originally posted by tenpercentfirearms
    And if you are coming on sole account of that photo, I don't do live modeling. You won't find me in the shop without clothes on. I am sure that is disappointing to some, but mainly a relief to the rest of you.

    Leave a comment:


  • tenpercentfirearms
    replied
    Originally posted by impactco
    It might be worth the drive considering what a snappy dresser you are



    To be fair, here's the original post so this doesn't scare anyone away:



    At least for me, Taft is closer than OC and an exhilarating drive up the 33....
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    And if you are coming on sole account of that photo, I don't do live modeling. You won't find me in the shop without clothes on. I am sure that is disappointing to some, but mainly a relief to the rest of you.

    Definitely hit up OC Armory. They are a great gun shop and helped me get my SOT.

    Leave a comment:


  • EBR Works
    replied
    Originally posted by tenpercentfirearms
    Just bypass OC and come on up to Taft!

    Just kidding. I'll just have to get the middle of the state guys.
    It might be worth the drive considering what a snappy dresser you are



    To be fair, here's the original post so this doesn't scare anyone away:



    At least for me, Taft is closer than OC and an exhilarating drive up the 33....
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    Last edited by EBR Works; 01-31-2011, 7:36 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • tenpercentfirearms
    replied
    Originally posted by Quiet
    AFAIK...
    OC Armory is the only FFL/SOT dealer in SoCal that is willing to transfer a NFA firearm to a non-exempt person.

    Almost all of the FFL/SOT dealers in SoCal will only deal with Gov/Mil/LE agencies or persons with DW permits and will not do business with non-exempt persons.
    Just bypass OC and come on up to Taft!

    Just kidding. I'll just have to get the middle of the state guys.

    Leave a comment:


  • Quiet
    replied
    AFAIK...
    OC Armory is the only FFL/SOT dealer in SoCal that is willing to transfer a NFA firearm to a non-exempt person.

    Almost all of the FFL/SOT dealers in SoCal will only deal with Gov/Mil/LE agencies or persons with DW permits and will not do business with non-exempt persons.

    Leave a comment:


  • n2k
    replied
    Originally posted by CSACANNONEER
    Since an AOW has never been a shotgun, it can't be a SBS in the first place. So, the law can't really exempt them since, by their mere definition, they can not qualify as SBSs in the first place. Does that make any sense?
    Got it.

    Leave a comment:


  • CSACANNONEER
    replied
    Originally posted by n2k
    Doesn't this state that an "AOW" is exempt from CA SBS laws?

    Quote:
    12020(b) Subdivision (a) does not apply to any of the following:
    (8) Any other weapon as defined in subsection (e) of Section 5845 of Title 26 of the United States Code and which is in the possession of a person permitted to possess the weapons pursuant to the federal Gun Control Act of 1968 (Public Law 90-618), as amended, and the regulations issued pursuant thereto.
    Since an AOW has never been a shotgun, it can't be a SBS in the first place. So, the law can't really exempt them since, by their mere definition, they can not qualify as SBSs in the first place. Does that make any sense?

    Leave a comment:


  • n2k
    replied
    Originally posted by CSACANNONEER
    There is a legal distiction between SBSs and AOWs. Ca law does not "exempt" AOWs, it allows them. It also allows +50 year old SBSs. It does not allow "modern" SBSs. I glanced at the description of the SS-109 and it clearly stated that it was a SBS. That would not be legal to bring into Ca. I missed were they were also offering a AOW of the same model. The difference is very important. Once a shotgun, always a shotgun. So, using a receiver which had a shoulder stock installed makes it a "shotgun". Using a virgin receiver which has never met the definition of "shotgun" would make it an AOW. (I'm not going into the memo floating around allowing for an AOW to be temporarily converted into a sporting shotgun and then returned to an AOW since, one would need their own letter from ATF to allow that).
    Doesn't this state that an "AOW" is exempt from CA SBS laws?

    Quote:
    12020(b) Subdivision (a) does not apply to any of the following:
    (8) Any other weapon as defined in subsection (e) of Section 5845 of Title 26 of the United States Code and which is in the possession of a person permitted to possess the weapons pursuant to the federal Gun Control Act of 1968 (Public Law 90-618), as amended, and the regulations issued pursuant thereto.

    Leave a comment:


  • 1811
    replied
    Originally posted by ke6guj
    definitely give OCarmory a call. they already carry Cadiz gun works Saiga12 AOWs so they should be up to speed on them.

    for something like that, having to drive from SD to OC a couple times shouldn't be a big deal. Not like having to drive that far to DROS a 10/22 or something.
    Good point...

    Leave a comment:


  • ke6guj
    replied
    definitely give OCarmory a call. they already carry Cadiz gun works Saiga12 AOWs so they should be up to speed on them.

    for something like that, having to drive from SD to OC a couple times shouldn't be a big deal. Not like having to drive that far to DROS a 10/22 or something.

    Leave a comment:


  • 1811
    replied
    Thanks for all responses...

    Short of finding one in SD, I'll be contacting OC Armory...

    Leave a comment:


  • CSACANNONEER
    replied
    Originally posted by n2k
    I believe the CA SBS law exempts Federal AOW's:

    Per Jack -
    There is a legal distiction between SBSs and AOWs. Ca law does not "exempt" AOWs, it allows them. It also allows +50 year old SBSs. It does not allow "modern" SBSs. I glanced at the description of the SS-109 and it clearly stated that it was a SBS. That would not be legal to bring into Ca. I missed were they were also offering a AOW of the same model. The difference is very important. Once a shotgun, always a shotgun. So, using a receiver which had a shoulder stock installed makes it a "shotgun". Using a virgin receiver which has never met the definition of "shotgun" would make it an AOW. (I'm not going into the memo floating around allowing for an AOW to be temporarily converted into a sporting shotgun and then returned to an AOW since, one would need their own letter from ATF to allow that).

    Leave a comment:

Working...
UA-8071174-1