Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Reloading 22LR!!!!!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • stilly
    replied
    Originally posted by LynnJr
    I know, I am a snob.

    Sorry Rivercityshooter, you can not RELOAD a .22lr for the intents and purposes of what reloading usually means. Which usually means reforming, recharging and reseating the pills to make a fully functional round that can be shot.


    Your not a snob if your reseating PILLS.

    Why thank you for that. I was referring to my hate for poor audio and amature/noob videos on you-tube as my catalyst to be snobby...

    And if you just remove the lead to replace them with FMJ or whatever, well, no comment, maybe I should try a .223 V-max jammed into a 22lr... I dunno though, I think that without the proper tools THAT would go the opposite direction of a match bullet...

    Leave a comment:


  • JagerDog
    replied
    Without factory primed cases, it's a losing proposition. Better off loading sub mach .223 or sticking to air rifles. If you really want to play DIY, form the spent 22LR cases into jackets for .223.
    Last edited by JagerDog; 08-24-2014, 9:34 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • hermosabeach
    replied
    Is rather use a PVC pipe 12 gauge

    Leave a comment:


  • VooDooV
    replied
    Good knowledge for months and years after the zombie apoc.

    Leave a comment:


  • LynnJr
    replied
    I know, I am a snob.

    Sorry Rivercityshooter, you can not RELOAD a .22lr for the intents and purposes of what reloading usually means. Which usually means reforming, recharging and reseating the pills to make a fully functional round that can be shot.


    Your not a snob if your reseating PILLS.

    Leave a comment:


  • TKM
    replied
    Another way to skin this cat.



    Old World Tradition - 21st Century Innovation. Reload 22lr & 22MAG Ammo. Can't Find Primers? Reload small and large pistol or rifle primers with Prime-all compound. Create aluminum gas checks for cast bullets or create your own #11 percussion caps. Specialty reloading products made in the USA!

    Leave a comment:


  • thenodnarb
    replied
    Has anyone experimented with hammer gun .22 blanks like they have at home depot?
    Something like this
    You could probably drop in a .22 pellet into the chamber of a single shot rifle or bolt action, then back it up with a .22 blank. It would take testing to see if its safe. Not ideal, but might work in a pinch.

    Leave a comment:


  • Lead Waster
    replied
    And seriously, let's take a tip from Darell, get a crossbow!

    Leave a comment:


  • Lead Waster
    replied
    OR, you can shoot a pcp air rifle in .22 and save time and effort.

    Leave a comment:


  • MongooseV8
    replied
    There is a guy at the local pistol cartridge steel matches that reloads 22Mag with great results. He uses 40 Grain Vmaxes if I recall correctly.

    Leave a comment:


  • stilly
    replied
    Originally posted by xfer42
    Oh, I'm not talking about those things you throw. I'm talking about those red roles you load in a cap gun.
    Oh, yeah THOSE do explode. HAve you ever hit a full box with a hammer?

    DAMN. Yeah I do not recco putting those in your teeth.


    Originally posted by CSACANNONEER
    Sorry Stilly reloading rimfire might be a lost art today but, historically, it has been done. While it is not "normal" today, that doesn't mean it can't be done. Hell, 10-15 years ago, you could even buy .22lr primed brass on ebay. CH4D even has .22lr shell holders and die sets available. Lee will make custom molds or bullets could be swaged with custom swaging dies.
    Yes. You are partially correct. Well, you are fully correct, but not telling the whole story. I e-mailed CH4D and asked and they said that those dies are for the pre primed .22lr shells that you USED to be able to purchase. They are NOT meant to reload a .22lr AND to try to reload a .22lr would be ridiculous.
    Actually I think they said CRAZY, but the main problem is popping out that RIM and getting the primer inside it again.

    SO, I stick with my guns, if you wanna look like a methhead and scrounge all that time and energy for a single .22lr, then the SHTF and you have NOTHING but a pocket full of matches. Oh, it is getting dark. You best move to a more lighted area or you might likely get eaten by a GRUE...

    (zork players are laughing at that one...)

    Leave a comment:


  • CSACANNONEER
    replied
    Originally posted by stilly
    Sorry Rivercityshooter, you can not RELOAD a .22lr for the intents and purposes of what reloading usually means. Which usually means reforming, recharging and reseating the pills to make a fully functional round that can be shot.
    Sorry Stilly reloading rimfire might be a lost art today but, historically, it has been done. While it is not "normal" today, that doesn't mean it can't be done. Hell, 10-15 years ago, you could even buy .22lr primed brass on ebay. CH4D even has .22lr shell holders and die sets available. Lee will make custom molds or bullets could be swaged with custom swaging dies.

    Leave a comment:


  • hermosabeach
    replied
    That god for IOS
    No video shows up

    Leave a comment:


  • xfer42
    replied
    Originally posted by stilly
    Have you ever taken those apart? They look like little white crystals.

    And they do not hurt at all when you blow one up in your teeth or your fingers (speaking from experience) so it makes me wonder if some sort of implosion takes place.
    Oh, I'm not talking about those things you throw. I'm talking about those red roles you load in a cap gun.

    Leave a comment:


  • stilly
    replied
    Originally posted by xfer42
    You don't have to use the white head. You can wet the striker with alcohol, rub it off and mix it with regular match heads. Mix it wet, then let it dry.
    That's pretty much what those paper bang caps are, and what primers used to be.
    Have you ever taken those apart? They look like little white crystals.

    And they do not hurt at all when you blow one up in your teeth or your fingers (speaking from experience) so it makes me wonder if some sort of implosion takes place.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
UA-8071174-1