Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Lee Loadmaster progressive press

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • bearing01
    replied
    I have a Loadmaster and Love it. I agree with what others have said here regarding the priming system. It may take you a little while to get used to running it, but it will work great for you. I do use the case feeder for resizing 223, but choose to not use it for loading the ammo stage. To make the 223 case feeder work better I followed the improvement suggestions here:






    Ask loadmaster questions here:

    Leave a comment:


  • GSwain
    replied
    Originally posted by Cowboy T
    While my videos are actually on the Pro 1000, I wish I could take credit for the Loadmaster ones! They are very well done and highly recommended. Those who do choose a Loadmaster would be well advised to check them out.
    Yeah the main use I found for yours, because I was looking at a loadmaster, was convincing me that all the people that vehemently say LEE is crap and put together poorly, are wrong. Also helped with die setup.

    Leave a comment:


  • LGB Loader
    replied
    As for single stage, I have Lee, Redding, and RCBS. All my progressives are Blue.
    That said, my friend handloads with a loadmaster and loves the heck out of it. I have made a run of his ammo loading 20-30 rounds of 45ACP to feel it out and it functioned flawlessly.
    He had to dial it in a bit and says he needs to tune it once in a while but other than that, it has treated him great. I will say this, the loadmaster is beefy/burly and is a nice press. In all, I think my friend has at least 10K rounds through it just in 45ACP alone.

    LGB

    Leave a comment:


  • SixPointEight
    replied
    Originally posted by Hooligan
    What are the significant differences between the Load Master and Pro 1000?

    From reading the literature- seems the perform similar functions and the only difference is a small amount of cash.
    The loadmaster accommodates more calibers. The lee pro is primarily a pistol machine, which will load up to .223 rifle rounds.

    Leave a comment:


  • Hooligan
    replied
    What are the significant differences between the Load Master and Pro 1000?

    From reading the literature- seems the perform similar functions and the only difference is a small amount of cash.

    Leave a comment:


  • Cowboy T
    replied
    Originally posted by StaTiK
    I think some people hate to chime in and say it is a POS because there is a counter "Lee bashing" crowd now.
    Bashing anybody's choice of gear is of course not appropriate, at least not on a civilized forum. I would hope that CalGuns is a civilized forum.

    Originally posted by StaTiK
    In some circles talking about a LM, positive or negative, is trolling.
    Hopefully not here! Folks, reloading presses are simply tools; they are not God. Each person must make his or her individual choice. It's like cars; we don't typically tell someone who just bought a Honda Accord, "that's a POS, you should've bought what I bought!" That is rude and why we don't do it. Should be the same with anything else.

    Originally posted by GSwain
    I actually watched a few of cowboy T's videos on the loadmaster, as well as some of the others on youtube. They convinced me that the loadmaster was a great way to have my cake and eat it too.
    While my videos are actually on the Pro 1000, I wish I could take credit for the Loadmaster ones! They are very well done and highly recommended. Those who do choose a Loadmaster would be well advised to check them out.
    Last edited by Cowboy T; 05-15-2011, 9:09 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • stand125
    replied
    I recently picked a used Lee classic turret press and love the thing. I started using it as a single stage since the index bushing was obviously worn out. LEE sent me 2 free of charge. LEE even knew I bought it used and still sent me the bushings for free. I now use it in the auto index mode and load 50 rounds every 13 minutes. I like that I can verify every case has powder as I am pulling the lever to index to the bullet seating stage.

    Leave a comment:


  • StaTiK
    replied
    Originally posted by FF/EMT Nick
    Do any of you have any experience with the Loadmaster? I'm looking for opinions on the Lee from guys who actually use it.
    I don't own one so don't think I'm biased one way or the other. But with Lee, and the LM specifically, it sounds like you're inadvertently asking for a jaded response.

    The LM seems to fall into 2 camps: 1)worst POS ever made, and curses to whoever made/sells it, or 2)excellent value, works every bit as good as a blue press at 1/3 of the price as long as you have the tiniest bit of mechanical aptitude.

    If you ask from guys who still use it then you're only going to get responses from the 2nd camp (the 1st camp gave/sold/returned/shot theirs). Also, I think some people hate to chime in and say it is a POS because there is a counter "Lee bashing" crowd now.

    In some circles talking about a LM, positive or negative, is trolling.

    -StaTiK-

    Leave a comment:


  • GSwain
    replied
    Originally posted by Cowboy T
    It's like I've been saying for a long time now: all the reloading companies make good gear. It simply depends on your own shooting needs. While there are certainly "beefier" presses, e. g. those from Dillon Precision, I find Lee's progressive presses just fine for the hobbyist reloader such as what I am (not IPSC/USPSA competitor or something like that).

    While I don't have a LM, I do have two of its little brother, the Pro 1000. There are well over 20,000 rounds on one of mine, and about 6,000 on the other. Typically I shoot about 1,000 rounds/month, so they do see some use. While the priming system is the "weak link" in most progressives that I've seen, if you keep it clean, the LM and Pro 1K will be just fine. The key is indeed to keep it clean.

    You would do well to head over to The Loadmaster Zone (http://www.loadmastervideos.net/). They have a great set of videos that are specific to the LM in case you run into any issues. Should you decide on a Pro 1000, my Web site is the equivalent for that press.

    - T
    I actually watched a few of cowboy T's videos on the loadmaster, as well as some of the others on youtube. They convinced me that the loadmaster was a great way to have my cake and eat it too.

    Leave a comment:


  • mnguyen84
    replied
    if you plan to reload rifle, dont buy the case feed. i've tried to modify the hell out of that thing but no bueno. otherwise, i have not had any problems.

    Leave a comment:


  • zfields
    replied
    I actually havent had much of an issue with the primer feed.

    As long as you understand that the Lee presses need a little "wobble" to work well, you will be fine with it : )

    Leave a comment:


  • Cowboy T
    replied
    It's like I've been saying for a long time now: all the reloading companies make good gear. It simply depends on your own shooting needs. While there are certainly "beefier" presses, e. g. those from Dillon Precision, I find Lee's progressive presses just fine for the hobbyist reloader such as what I am (not IPSC/USPSA competitor or something like that).

    While I don't have a LM, I do have two of its little brother, the Pro 1000. There are well over 20,000 rounds on one of mine, and about 6,000 on the other. Typically I shoot about 1,000 rounds/month, so they do see some use. While the priming system is the "weak link" in most progressives that I've seen, if you keep it clean, the LM and Pro 1K will be just fine. The key is indeed to keep it clean.

    You would do well to head over to The Loadmaster Zone (http://www.loadmastervideos.net/). They have a great set of videos that are specific to the LM in case you run into any issues. Should you decide on a Pro 1000, my Web site is the equivalent for that press.

    - T

    Leave a comment:


  • Toy4Rick
    replied
    We have a Lee Pro 1000, load 9mm and 38 and so far, we have loaded over 7500 rounds with only a couple issues. The shell plate carrier cracked, Lee said it was due to dies being out of adjustment, they replaced it under warranty. Broke a decapper pin, my fault.

    Primer feed is the weaker part of this system as well, however if you keep it clean then she usually runs very well. We just an air hose about every 50 rounds or so or if a primer doesn't load cuz that means some power went through the flash hole and down into the primer seating area

    We can load 350-400 on a good hour, hard to beat for $139.00

    Toy4Rick

    Leave a comment:


  • zfields
    replied
    Originally posted by MaHoTex
    I have a loadmaster and love it.
    The only 2 issues I have had are as follows:
    1) The indexer would not rotate enough to move to the next postion. To resolve this I drilled and threaded the plasitc part and put a screw into it to make it rotate a bit more. Works great now.2) One of the slots on the shell plate was narrower than the others and the case would sometimes (one out of 10 times or so) not slide into position. I filed the opening on the slots to widen the 1/16" entry point. Zero failures since that.

    It took me several hours to set it up, and a few more to fidure out the minor issues, but now I can easily turn out 400-500 rounds in an hour. I literally spend more time putting bullets into the feeder and sheels into the shell feeder than reloading.

    Buy it and you will not regret it.
    Had to do the same thing on one of my presses, but not the other.

    Leave a comment:


  • GSwain
    replied
    I also have one, and as long as you are mechanically inclined its a fantastic press. It can be finnicky at times, and it may not be as foolproof as some of the others, but mine cost me WAY less than a Dillon or other model. Keep it clean and lubed and itll do good for you.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
UA-8071174-1