Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

I hate that foreign ammo maker using false M-designation...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ar15barrels
    replied
    Originally posted by topgun7
    I may need some of them for match in 2 weeks. How much do you want for them?
    80 cents a round

    Leave a comment:


  • FMJBT
    replied
    From the pics, it looks like that stuff has a canalure on the bullet as well. Definitely not an SMK. They have the 168 grain PRVI match for the same price of $200.00 for 200 rounds. At $1.00 per round, not exactly a smoking deal. Between the two though, I'd probably go with the PRVI.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jonathan Doe
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by ar15barrels
    I have some real M118 for sale.
    I may need some of them for match in 2 weeks. How much do you want for them?

    Leave a comment:


  • ar15barrels
    replied
    I have some real M118 for sale.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jicko
    replied
    Sorry for the confusion. Post changed.

    Leave a comment:


  • Darklyte27
    replied
    i saw that, and thought igman since it was stamped IK or something... anyways
    ya, i think its the same as the wideners bullet, its cheap, its a bullet but not match like SMK 175.
    Last edited by Darklyte27; 05-28-2009, 2:35 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • 30Cal
    replied
    Probably the same bullet that wideners is selling. Better than fodder, but hardly "match."

    Leave a comment:


  • merritt
    replied
    I was frankly trying to reconcile these differences my self.
    I found a listing of military cartridge standards :http://www.dtic.mil/dticasd/sbir/sbir032/a044a.pdf

    The round pictured on ammo man is FMJ (like M118)
    The velocity is quoted at 2559fps (9fps faster than M852), bullet mass at 168gr (like M852)

    so it is possible that this stuff has hit the market because of these problems, or it is possible that someone out there thinks that M118 is the FMJ version of M852

    I'll bet that this ammo won't exactly match the trajectory of either round but it will come closer to M852

    Leave a comment:


  • FLIGHT762
    replied
    They do the same when describing foreign 7.62 NATO as M-80 ball. US issue M-80 ball uses a 147 gr. MILD STEEL JACKET bullet. It is MAGNETIC. The original US issue 7.62 ammo was ball M-59,which was a gilding metal jacket, mild steel core. Ordinance decided to go with the M-80 bullet . Ordinance decided not to go with a dedicated armor piercing (black tip M-61) ammunition. I have two cartridges. Both were made in the 50's, F A 52 and L C 55.

    Most foreign 7.62X 51 uses a gilding metal jacket, which fragments more than the M-80 bullet.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jicko
    replied
    Originally posted by 22popnsplat
    I dont see were you got it was US military ? it states that it is Igman . did I miss something ?
    the IK head stamp = Igman Zavod, Konjic, Yugoslavia
    They said it is M118..... but it is NOT....

    Leave a comment:


  • 22popnsplat
    replied
    Originally posted by Jicko
    .308 168 GRAIN M118
    MATCH GRADE BULLET FMJBT AMMO
    AmmoMan.com offers Fast, Free Shipping on Bulk 308 Ammo for Sale - Guaranteed! Check Out These in-stock .308 & 7.62x51 (7.62 Nato) rounds today.



    US Military M118 is supposed to be 173gr Special Ball.... or M118LR is the newer 175SMK... M852 is the 168gr SMK.... there is no M118 168gr!!!!

    I dont see were you got it was US military ? it states that it is Igman . did I miss something ?
    the IK head stamp = Igman Zavod, Konjic, Yugoslavia

    Leave a comment:


  • Jonathan Doe
    Guest replied
    There are 30 carbine ammo with LC 93 head stamp which are made in China. The bullets or jackets attract magnet also.

    Leave a comment:


  • I hate that foreign ammo maker using false M-designation...

    Originally posted by ammoman.com
    .308 168 GRAIN M118
    MATCH GRADE BULLET FMJBT AMMO
    AmmoMan.com offers Fast, Free Shipping on Bulk 308 Ammo for Sale - Guaranteed! Check Out These in-stock .308 & 7.62x51 (7.62 Nato) rounds today.

    US Military M118 is supposed to be 173gr Special Ball.... or M118LR is the newer 175SMK... M852 is the 168gr SMK.... these are not real M118 (my point)!!!!

    Last edited by Jicko; 05-28-2009, 2:32 PM.
Working...
UA-8071174-1