Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Explorer 9

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • uuufo
    replied
    Originally posted by JDay
    It's not that IE broke it, it's that the DROS site is broken. The site was likely written for an old version of IE that used it's own standards instead of the W3C standards for HTML.
    I know.... even with IE8 we have to click "compatibility mode" to get FDAS to work correctly, and FDAS was written last year!

    Leave a comment:


  • JDay
    replied
    Originally posted by ricksavpawn
    Anyone else having problems running a DROS with ie9? It totally broke it here... had to go back to version 8! Oh well we use Opera for everything else anyway heheh
    It's not that IE broke it, it's that the DROS site is broken. The site was likely written for an old version of IE that used it's own standards instead of the W3C standards for HTML.

    Leave a comment:


  • JDay
    replied
    Originally posted by iareConfusE
    Yeah Chrome is amazing. There are people out there that still think Google is farming us for personal information, but I haven't had a problem with Google, or their browser for a couple years now. It's a fast browser that doesn't have a lot of crap added on to it.
    What do you mean think? Google openly admits it. Try reading the EULA for any of their products sometime. They sell information about everything you do to marketers, how do you think they manage to make money (I'll give you a hint, targeted advertising)?

    Leave a comment:


  • paul0660
    replied
    Originally posted by mlevans66
    Oh well EPIC FAIL on there part.
    No, just part of the plan.

    Leave a comment:


  • JDay
    replied
    Originally posted by MA2

    I don't know what is up with new microsoft stuff (>Vista)&(>office07)...can't customize much & not user friendly :-|
    Not true at all. For one thing the ribbon in Office is awesome if you actually spend a few minutes and learn how to use it. Windows 7 is also much better than Vista in every way possible. If there is one thing Microsoft knows how to do it is design a user interface. They spend millions doing R&D on interfaces, researching even which direction people prefer icon shadows lay. Microsoft probably knows more about designing a usable interface than any other company, people who complain are people who are afraid of change.

    Microsoft's most popular OS offers lots of opportunity for customization. Here's how to personalize everything from the windows' appearance to the taskbar.


    Leave a comment:


  • uuufo
    replied
    Anyone else having problems running a DROS with ie9? It totally broke it here... had to go back to version 8! Oh well we use Opera for everything else anyway heheh

    Leave a comment:


  • greasemonkey
    replied
    Originally posted by pewpewguns
    It's the worst. err maybe netscape navigator is the worst
    I just threw up in my mouth a little.

    Leave a comment:


  • pewpewguns
    replied
    Originally posted by jgraham7897
    People still use IE?
    It's the worst. err maybe netscape navigator is the worst

    Leave a comment:


  • mlevans66
    replied
    Originally posted by G1500
    I removed IE from my computers, then it turned out I need it for some programs to run correctly. What a load of BS.
    Oh well EPIC FAIL on there part.

    Leave a comment:


  • G1500
    replied
    Originally posted by greasemonkey
    ^^This! I've been using Chrome since it was in Beta stage and I love it. While in Beta and even lately, if you send an error report in or have an issue, it actually gets resolved...error reporting for IE seems more like you're throwing a penny in a fountain.

    I have Firefox specifically so I can run the crazedlist.org multi-search on Craigslist. Every now and then I run across a website that doesn't play well with Chrome but very rarely, in those cases FF seems to work fine. I really don't understand why people who have an option use IE.
    I removed IE from my computers, then it turned out I need it for some programs to run correctly. What a load of BS.

    Leave a comment:


  • vintagearms
    replied
    Never had an issue with IE. Currently running IE9.

    Leave a comment:


  • i1800collect
    replied
    Originally posted by Blackhawk556
    I would rather use IE9 than safari on my Mac if I could.

    That's right I said it!!
    Why not just use Firefox, Chrome, or Opera on your Mac if you don't like Safari?

    Leave a comment:


  • TheDeej
    replied

    Leave a comment:


  • greasemonkey
    replied
    Originally posted by G1500
    No really, people still use IE?
    ^^This! I've been using Chrome since it was in Beta stage and I love it. While in Beta and even lately, if you send an error report in or have an issue, it actually gets resolved...error reporting for IE seems more like you're throwing a penny in a fountain.

    I have Firefox specifically so I can run the crazedlist.org multi-search on Craigslist. Every now and then I run across a website that doesn't play well with Chrome but very rarely, in those cases FF seems to work fine. I really don't understand why people who have an option use IE.

    Leave a comment:


  • ubet
    replied
    chrome for the win, after i started using it, ie sucks now

    Leave a comment:

Working...
UA-8071174-1