Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Windows 7 not using all RAM
Collapse
X
-
As Disco said. Regardless of what the CPU is, unless you installed a 64-bit version of Windows 7 the most you will get is about 3.2GB usable to the OS. -
I know you said 64-bit..... Just double checking.
When you right click on my computer and select Properties, under system it says:
"System type: 64-bit Operating System"
I've seen people who had 64-bit capable procs load 32-bit versions of windows and get confused.Leave a comment:
-
Are you using windows 7 pro? Home edition might not utilize all ram.Leave a comment:
-
newegg shows that other people are having the same problem with your motherboardLeave a comment:
-
Memtest? Maybe it's dead..I have 6GB of RAM installed and system recognizes it however there is only 3GB usuable. I have tried going into msconfig => system config => boot tab => advanced options => unchecked the "maximum memory" option" but it still doesn't work for me. I've also gone into the BIOS and don't see anything there as well.
My build is Windows 7 (64bit), 6GB Cosair RAM, MSI X58A-GD45 motherboard, 2 x Sapphire 1GB 5770, intel i7-950, etc...Leave a comment:
-
Windows 7 not using all RAM
I have 6GB of RAM installed and system recognizes it however there is only 3GB usuable. I have tried going into msconfig => system config => boot tab => advanced options => unchecked the "maximum memory" option" but it still doesn't work for me. I've also gone into the BIOS and don't see anything there as well.
My build is Windows 7 (64bit), 6GB Cosair RAM, MSI X58A-GD45 motherboard, 2 x Sapphire 1GB 5770, intel i7-950, etc...Tags: None
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,904
Posts: 25,152,923
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,763
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 32787 users online. 103 members and 32684 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Leave a comment: