4 weeks ago, I sent my LEGR off for the return of my Springfield 1911 that was stolen almost 2 years ago. It was recovered in February, and went to the DA's Crime lab in March for testing to make sure it hadn't been involved in a crime. Guy pled guilty in September. Gun got back from the Crime Lab in November. I had to wait till December 16, for the Defendant's 90 automatic appeal period to end before I could send off the LEGR.
Property room aide told me that DOJ takes as little as 2 1/2 weeks, up to 2 1/2 months to do the check.
I've been calling the SO's Property Room every month since March to check on it, as I don't want there to be any "accidents". It was a good thing I did. Somehow someone entered the disposition of the firearm into the computor incorrectly. There was an order for it to be destroyed. I had to call the DA who handled the case to find out why, and he told me the order was for it to be returned to me. He had to call the SO's Property Room to straighten it out.
Hopefully, any day I can get my gun back. However, they can't let me have the ammo.
Property room aide told me that DOJ takes as little as 2 1/2 weeks, up to 2 1/2 months to do the check.
I've been calling the SO's Property Room every month since March to check on it, as I don't want there to be any "accidents". It was a good thing I did. Somehow someone entered the disposition of the firearm into the computor incorrectly. There was an order for it to be destroyed. I had to call the DA who handled the case to find out why, and he told me the order was for it to be returned to me. He had to call the SO's Property Room to straighten it out.
Hopefully, any day I can get my gun back. However, they can't let me have the ammo.
