Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Sakiri
    replied
    Not keen on them leaving packages on my doorstep without so much as even knocking on the door.

    I find out any of them doing that with any of my packages and I'll be filing complaints. When I order anything online, it's something expensive. I'll be damned if they cause me to lose monetary assets over their own stupidity.

    Unfortunately, I'm under the impression that UPS is the only carrier that will ship handguns, unless you're an FFL.

    Leave a comment:


  • Big bug
    replied
    4000 rounds left in front of my house....wasn't too keen on that....

    Leave a comment:


  • KeepItCal
    replied
    Originally posted by Down Range 209
    I placed an order at Cabelas for some ammo on the 1/12/13 Most was on back order. I did manage to pick up 200 rounds of the Independent 5.56 and 200 Rounds or Winchester .38 super that they were getting in stock on 1/14/13.I received an email stating that the ammo had shipped out and would be at my house on 01/21/13. UPS usually shows up around 5:30 pm to 6 pm at my door. I got out of work and logged in online they had not delivered the AMMO yet,I got home and was waiting for the doorbell to ring or hear some squeaky brakes,6:30 came around and nothing .I logged in online to UPS and it stated package had been delivered Monday, 01/21/13 at 5:08 pm i looked outside my door and near my garage and there was nothing.I called UPS and told them what was going on and they said it was showing that it was delivered to a man outside my home.I told hem i had been waiting for the UPS driver and they never rang the door bell.
    They told me a neighbor or a relative must have received it. BS how can u just hand ammo over to anyone outside a house without asking for ID they told me to call cabelas and they would have to file a claim .The money im not worried about Cabelas would credit it back its the fact that ammo was stolen and u cant even get it at the moment.BS freaking driver probably keept it! Sorry had to vent. should I file a police report even though they wont investigate it?
    I'm interested in if you find out where the ammo went. Talk to the neighbors at all?

    Leave a comment:


  • tommyfly
    replied
    I ordered 1200 rounds of 7.62 once. Came home one day and there it was, just sitting on my doorstep. No signature or anything.

    Leave a comment:


  • SouperMan
    replied
    Originally posted by lmudave
    I had the FedEx truck deliver my CMP m1 garand to some random wherehouse a mile away from my house. Was signed for and accepted. Luckily I called and made the driver to back and get it.
    Yikes!

    OP, I hope you have better luck with another carrier! Makes me wonder each time I do have to track a UPS package, and there is a banner/link that says I can divert the package to a UPS Store for a "small fee." Doesn't that just give you more confidence in their delivering ability?

    Leave a comment:


  • David13
    replied
    Originally posted by mrrabbit
    These neighbors must be the same people in the other thread who follow you to the range and ask to try out your firearm and shoot off some of your ammo!

    =8-)
    No, wrong guy. Someone else posted about that.
    dc

    Leave a comment:


  • FTW9999
    replied
    I had the same thing happen to me on a holster I bought. Had to call shipper and have them file a claim. 2 weeks later still no response from UPS when I got a call from the shipper saying that it got returned to them for some reason and they re-shipped it.

    Leave a comment:


  • Zedrek
    replied
    I get a ton of packages from UPS, Fed Ex, and Ontrac. I love Amazon Prime. Anyway, they never ring the bell or knock on the door, they just leave it on the porch in front of my garage door which can't be seen from the street. I have only had one package come up missing but not sure what happened. a few times they have marked it as delivered but didn't deliver it until the next day. I called and they said that the driver will find it when they check their truck when they get done for the day. Ummm, OK. I hate it when they don't leave packages though.

    Leave a comment:


  • delta9
    replied
    Originally posted by mrrabbit
    As to the weird comment - I'm all in favor of making things easier for people trying to do their jobs. How about you?

    =8-)
    I don't know, having the driver use a pager and then slide it under your garage door is weird in my book. I just get to know the UPS drivers on my route by being friendly - I know them all by name and never have a problem getting my packages. If I'm not home they know to either toss them over the fence or know which neighbors can sign for them.

    Leave a comment:


  • lmudave
    replied
    I had the FedEx truck deliver my CMP m1 garand to some random wherehouse a mile away from my house. Was signed for and accepted. Luckily I called and made the driver to back and get it.

    Leave a comment:


  • myk
    replied
    This is why I have UPS deliver to my work. I don't really trust the people I work with, but I'd rather have them leave my stuff to the staff than just sitting out in the open on my doorstep for all of the world to steal...

    Leave a comment:


  • RandyD
    replied
    I routinely elect to work at home and when UPS delivers a package, the driver rings the door bell and by the time I get to the door (less than 30 seconds later), the driver is driving away, and the package is on the door mat. They have also left packages at our residence for other people who live on different streets. I have very little faith in UPS.

    Leave a comment:


  • delta9
    replied
    Originally posted by mrrabbit
    The UPS drivers for my area are now very careful about me. I run a below the radar business - you don't know I exist unless you've met me. I keep the garage door open 8 inches - and leave a pager by the front door with instructions.
    You're not really "ruining below the radar" if you are pulling this weird crap with the UPS drivers. I'm sure they are all telling eachother as well as their friends of the weird guy who leaves his garage door partiality open with the goofy "instructions"

    Leave a comment:


  • nothinghere2c
    replied
    i took work off for a day that i had a large shipment of parts and ammo coming and sat here for the entire day waiting. i skipped lunch, didn't shower (because i didnt want to miss the knock at the door), and at 9pm the UPS man marked my order online as "customer not available" because he was running late on his route.

    i was... furious. this was a friday and of course he waited till 9pm when the phones close so i couldn't call. i logged in online, told them to hold the package and of course it says it would take them an extra day to get that sorted out. i didn't end up getting it till tuesday...

    Leave a comment:


  • negolien
    replied
    Unfortunatly UPS is notorious for leaving packages that require a signiture on doorsteps, in bushes, lobbed over peoples fences. I ordered an upper from a retailer and specifically asked for an adult signiture only to have the lazy arse driver not even ring my doorbell but leave it leaning against my door in full view of the scumbags in my neighborhood. Thankfully I have cats which are almost as good as an alarm and alerted me to the drive by delivery.

    UPS attention to detail has vanished.
    Last edited by negolien; 01-22-2013, 8:14 PM.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
UA-8071174-1