Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Mossberg 500

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    essjay
    Senior Member
    • Jun 2014
    • 1429

    Picked up a used one today (well, ten days...) with a flush-fit full cylinder choke and front/rear fiber optics.

    Comment

    • #17
      Wicked Pete
      Calguns Addict
      • May 2010
      • 5182

      You say SLUGS? Store bought? Wax? Glue gun slugs?

      I avoid rifled barrels because, most common (wally) slugs have fins and are intended for smooth bore. I got some grief from shooters cause I took a hacksaw and cut off the choke (better for wax and glue/crap shot) and recrowned with a drill. They hate me.

      Comment

      • #18
        essjay
        Senior Member
        • Jun 2014
        • 1429

        Picked it up today and went out to the indoor range for a quick test session. Shoots slugs and birdshot like a champ. Now just to wait for a modified choke to come in from Brownells on Wednesday and go dust some clays next weekend...

        edit: Anyone know how to determine the date of manufacture based on the serial?
        Attached Files

        Comment

        • #19
          3006mv
          Senior Member
          • Aug 2006
          • 1979

          Nice, are the sights for turkey hunting or deer?

          Probably contact mossberg or their website may have a serial number search
          "when I hear 'meat is murder' (sic) I think murder is delicious" - Stephen Colbert interview with Morrisey 09.10.12

          I plead the 2nd.

          Comment

          • #20
            essjay
            Senior Member
            • Jun 2014
            • 1429

            You know, I hadn't actually checked as to exactly what brand and model the sights were. Turns out that they're TruGlo Pro Series Magnum Gobble Dots.

            Already contacted them, but haven't gotten a response yet.

            Comment

            • #21
              DArBad
              Veteran Member
              • Dec 2009
              • 3002

              Originally posted by essjay
              Picked it up today and went out to the indoor range for a quick test session. Shoots slugs and birdshot like a champ. Now just to wait for a modified choke to come in from Brownells on Wednesday and go dust some clays next weekend...

              edit: Anyone know how to determine the date of manufacture based on the serial?
              Congrats, I really like how it looks, the wood stock-and-forend, I mean.

              Comment

              • #22
                steelholder
                Veteran Member
                • Jul 2010
                • 3328

                Great sg , would I take one with wood over it? Yes. Good choice either way.
                WTB 3rd Gen SW also looking for a 22 pistol with 6" bbl or longer

                Comment

                Working...
                UA-8071174-1