Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Ranger question

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 23's Dad
    replied
    I've got a Ranger too

    Also from my grandfather.

    Single shot, manual cock, lousy trigger, all browned, crummy buckhorn sights - and it's PRICELESS!

    I don't shoot it much anymore, but it's a treasure.

    Leave a comment:


  • OssaMar
    replied
    Please add it to the info list.

    Savage, Stevens, Springfield, Clone Gill Gun Data Base In an attempt to sort out and consolidate the various features found on these rifles & discussed in several threads (around a dozen threads with over 500 posts), it would be helpful if those willing to participate would post the following...

    Leave a comment:


  • BakoJ
    replied
    Thanks everyone for your responses. My son can shoot his new to him rifle without worrying! It is a cool little rifle and accurate!

    Leave a comment:


  • nick
    replied
    There's no registration for long guns (yet). My, and everybody else's guns aren't registered either, unless they're RAWs, or they volregged them. Since you rifle was made prior to the requirement to have a serial number, you're fine. Trying to prepare for an overzealous LEO, while prudent, is ultimately futile - the balance of power/punishment isn't in your favor by a mile anyway. Know the law, have a lawyer, and worry about something else.

    Leave a comment:


  • SoCal Bob
    replied
    Originally posted by bako88fan
    Thanks for the link. I did a search beforehand. I'm concerned that this rifle has no serial and is unregistered. Will I run Into legal trouble if we are stopped for some reason and searched? I take my young son out shooting as our new hobby. We are law abiding citizens but in today's climate you never know what a well-meaning but over-zealous LEO would do.
    In a perfect world the answer is no. I have an old .22 Savage that also does not have a serial number and I am not worried about it. Most officers have personal smart phones, just ask that they Google the 1968 Gun Control Act and it will answer their serial number question.

    Long guns currently are not registered by serial number, this will change on Jan 1st 2014 but will not be retroactive as I understand it.

    Leave a comment:


  • thomashoward
    replied
    maybe in here somewhere
    Last edited by thomashoward; 01-06-2013, 12:43 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • BakoJ
    replied
    Thanks for the link. I did a search beforehand. I'm concerned that this rifle has no serial and is unregistered. Will I run Into legal trouble if we are stopped for some reason and searched? I take my young son out shooting as our new hobby. We are law abiding citizens but in today's climate you never know what a well-meaning but over-zealous LEO would do.

    Leave a comment:


  • OldShooter32
    replied
    I thought this was going to be about snake recipes when I saw "Ranger" on it.

    Leave a comment:


  • SoCal Bob
    replied
    The Gun Control Act (GCA) of 1968 required that firearms manufacturers and importers had to put serial numbers on firearms. Many already did this for inventory purposes however it was not uncommon to find long guns without serial numbers like your .22 prior to 1968.

    There is too much info on Google to narrow down your question so you may want to click on some of the links to see what if anything applies to your search, Good Luck!

    Leave a comment:


  • BakoJ
    started a topic Ranger question

    Ranger question

    I have a Ranger. 22 rifle handed down by my grandfather. I can't find a serial number or a date of manufacture. I know some were made for Sears and Montgomery Wards. Does anyone know how I can determine info about this rifle? My grandfather is long gone. My dad doesn't know anything about it either. He believes it may have been purchased for him but doesn't remember ever shooting it. Thanks for the help.
Working...
UA-8071174-1