Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Plum crazy

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Warguy
    replied
    Originally posted by supernachos
    Just some photos so you guys are made aware that typical aluminium lowers are not impervious to catastrophic failures as well ...
    Thank you, thats exactly why i bought mine they are both going to have failures, and honestly i did a lot of research and a lot of the bad reviews i read were from people who never owned or even touched a plumcrazy lower. For you guys in here that are saying "I guess people need to learn the hard way" I understand what you are saying but honestly have any of you even held one? Im own one and already have 2k rounds through it within the first month of gettin it put together and i have had no problems at all. I have had a couple of jams but they were mag issues.

    My honest opinion of actually having one and using it very often so far is its a good lower for the price, and it works great for a .22 . Now i know it could fail on me and i do expect it to some extent, but again i stress that most people bash it without even ever laying their hands on one. So if you really have no experience with it then you probably shouldn't be giving out your opinion when you have nothing to base it on. Im not trying to start a internet war and im not upset and will not be upset with whatever you guys say after this but to each their own and if he wants to get one then its his choice.

    Leave a comment:


  • NOOOB
    replied
    Treat your weapon like crap then crap is what you get.
    PC lowers are what they are.
    After my first two complete lower builds I respect the wepon. If my clearances are loos then under use cracks and stresses appear. Aluminum or composit
    Respect and make sure your weapon is assembled properly.
    These lowers are not made for the slap and go Afganistan. They have their purpose.

    Leave a comment:


  • bombadillo
    replied
    Originally posted by supernachos
    Just some photos so you guys are made aware that typical aluminium lowers are not impervious to catastrophic failures as well ...
    Understandable, but first off the last pic was some idiot who didn't support the ear and tried to pound in a trigger guard roll pin so that doesn't even count, it was user error.

    The problem I'm seeing with the PC lowers are that people are using the takedown pins and the stupid lowers are cracking, hairline or flat out crack in the lower, catastrophic failure rates have been high, entire buffer tube threads are coming off and separating, FCG groups are breaking, and it just seems to be brittle plastic or something. I actually like the idea of polymer lowers but whatever their proprietary material is just flat isn't holding up that well. Sure there are plenty of happy people, but I don't know a single person that has broken a t7075 aluminum lower by pushing in the takedown pin and I can't say the same for a PC lower. All guns are going to have flaws here and there, but for a few extra bucks and a couple ounces that you may save, aluminum is the way to go IMHO.

    Leave a comment:


  • supernachos
    replied
    Fair and balanced reporting

    Originally posted by kenshinoro2007
    oh well... i guess some people like to learn the hard way. I know my lowers won't disintegrate like that... can't say the same about PC's.

    Just some photos so you guys are made aware that typical aluminium lowers are not impervious to catastrophic failures as well ...
    Attached Files
    Last edited by supernachos; 06-08-2011, 4:31 PM. Reason: added more photos

    Leave a comment:


  • Packy14
    replied
    oh well... i guess some people like to learn the hard way. I know my lowers won't disintegrate like that... can't say the same about PC's.

    Leave a comment:


  • bombadillo
    replied
    Originally posted by kenshinoro2007
    I don't understand the need to cheap out to this extent... lowers are 100$, parts kits are 60ish, complete parts w/ stocks can be had for 150ish... Why buy trash??? Shooting has some cost involved, going this cheap makes no sense though.
    No joke, but some people like to buy things twice. I used to do that on optics. Now if I buy a cheap scope, I expect it to be cheap, but if you want a pair of good binoculars, you have to pay GOOD money, same goes with spotters, riflescopes, and others.

    Eventually people come to the understanding that you have to typically spend good money for a good product but there are some exceptions to the rule. Boonie Packer slings for $21.00 are better than almost any other sling I've ever used, made in the USA, and function phenomenal but that is a few and far between experience.

    Leave a comment:


  • Packy14
    replied
    Originally posted by P.W.
    I do not own any Plumy Crazy lowers however I would stay away from them. A good friend had multiple Plumcrazy's go tits up on him, the FCG broke off altogether. Only 600 rounds were put through the upper that was mounted to this lower and it broke while field stripping the weapon. Maybe they were a bad batch of lowers, I'm not sure but just throwing this info out there...



    I don't understand the need to cheap out to this extent... lowers are 100$, parts kits are 60ish, complete parts w/ stocks can be had for 150ish... Why buy trash??? Shooting has some cost involved, going this cheap makes no sense though.

    Leave a comment:


  • uxo2
    replied

    Leave a comment:


  • superman21
    replied
    Lovely....

    Leave a comment:


  • NOOOB
    replied
    Oops that was post Camo pic

    Leave a comment:


  • NOOOB
    replied
    The one on the left is the plum crazy with a CMMG 22 upper
    His friend is 7.62 with spike tach lower.

    The 22 I fully dedicated and does not have or need a BB
    RIGHT OR I'M BRAKING THE LAW but last time I checked rim fires are limited in mag size.
    About 300 shots in no problems.
    It was a cinch to put together too.
    Same retail price of SW1022
    but way more versital.
    Full lower 135, full upper 265, scope from prev marlin
    Two mags at 12.50 each. Camo tape 5 bucks

    Leave a comment:


  • morrcarr67
    replied
    Originally posted by supernachos
    FYI: Got a PlumbCrazy Lower for my 7.62x39mm BushMaster upper. Only issue was to upgrade to a stronger hammer spring and upgraded firing pin so I get to shoot cheaper Russky ammo.
    After 500 rounds no issue. The trigger group is not plastic but made of the same composite material as the body of the lower and very durable.
    For $200 out the door for a complete lower you have a very cheap option to build a AR15 at the low $600 price point and you are *definitely* not limited to a .22 upper. This lower is rugged and looks good.
    Yup, I'm torn between a .22lr and a 5.45X39.

    Leave a comment:


  • superman21
    replied
    Nice!

    Leave a comment:


  • supernachos
    replied
    FYI: Got a PlumbCrazy Lower for my 7.62x39mm BushMaster upper. Only issue was to upgrade to a stronger hammer spring and upgraded firing pin so I get to shoot cheaper Russky ammo.
    After 500 rounds no issue. The trigger group is not plastic but made of the same composite material as the body of the lower and very durable.
    For $200 out the door for a complete lower you have a very cheap option to build a AR15 at the low $600 price point and you are *definitely* not limited to a .22 upper. This lower is rugged and looks good.

    Leave a comment:


  • superman21
    replied
    Thanks.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
UA-8071174-1