Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

.22 ammo support group thread

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ar15barrels
    replied
    Originally posted by topgun7
    If you are looking for decent target ammo, I have some SK Standard Plus on sale here:

    http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=166974
    I'm blocked from the marketplace.
    How much do you have and what do you want for it?

    Leave a comment:


  • Sixer
    replied
    Originally posted by Gunaria
    Here's another source for .22 ammo, don't laugh now, K-mart. Some K-mart's actually still sell ammo.
    yep, my friend works at one and they had some remington thunderbolt on clearance he told me about, which isnt my favorite .22 ammo at all, but for $8 a brick of 500, i figured why not get some for some plinking, but then i went back the next day to pick up a few more bricks and it was all gone

    Leave a comment:


  • Big048
    replied
    Big 5 sells all their .22lr ammo for a regular price of $22.99. When any of it goes on sale it sells at $19.99 unless there is a special coupon sale and I've seen it go lower.
    Big 5 sells
    -Remington Golden Bullet 525rd packs
    -Federal Value Pack (blue box) 525rd packs
    -American Eagle by Federal (red box) 400rd packs
    -Western by Olin 500rd packs
    -Winchester (I forget which style) 500rd packs

    The email sign up for Big 5 gets you an automatic 10% off transaction coupon which applies to ammo and they send out other coupons randomly and a 20% one does go out from time to time that's good for ammo.

    Leave a comment:


  • mcat707
    replied
    Originally posted by bobbyblank
    There is a guy selling some by the brick in the new Ammo/Reloading forum......Good luck on the hunt

    Im guessing that would be me ? (see thread below)




    Searched the entire NorthBay-Sacto region for these bricks and finally found them. Took all their stash (sorry I didnt read this support thread in time ).

    My 10/22 and Sig Mosquito like these Rem rimfire rounds the best compared to the other brands.

    Leave a comment:


  • Gunaria
    replied
    Here's another source for .22 ammo, don't laugh now, K-mart. Some K-mart's actually still sell ammo.

    Leave a comment:


  • TheBundo
    replied
    I won't buy anymore for now, okay? I only buy the bulk packs at WalMart, and have enough for a year or so, if current shooting trends continue. If anyone goes to the Panoche shoot Saturday and needs a little for the day, I might even part with some at cost.

    Leave a comment:


  • Capt Jack
    replied
    Wally world in Paso is out of the Federal and only has the Remington Bulk for $17ish a box. I did pick up 3 boxes of CCI mini mags (100) for $6.47 a box, not a great price but pretty much standard for that ammo.

    I believe Big 5 has Fed 36gr Copper Plated HP for $19 (525) so its not too much more than WW. Oh, as someone mentioned, get the coupon by signing up for Big 5 emails on their site for a couple of bucks off!

    Leave a comment:


  • Rem222
    replied
    Originally posted by chiz
    the federal value packs at big 5 are 19.99. but if you go to their website and sign up they give you a 20% off coupon that you can use on anything but firearms. i use them all the time. its about $17 out the door.
    Thanks for the info, I will give it a try. In Contra Costa County, Walmarts do not sell ammo so Big 5 is it....

    Leave a comment:


  • bobbyblank
    replied
    Originally posted by brassburnz
    To the guys that paid $50 a brick for Wolf Target, that is some great ammo. I think it's the same as the SK ammo another person is selling on the forum for $45 a brick. Just a couple of years ago, that stuff was about $20 a brick.

    That was me and another guy on here. He just got a savage just like mine, but i never got a chance to try any wolf the last few times at the range. Couldnt find any local anywhere, tried seven stores . If it shoots as good as i hear, im gonna try to see if i can go in on a case with someone!

    Leave a comment:


  • brassburnz
    replied
    I try to buy .22 ammo by the case. First of all, it's cheaper than the per box or per brick price. Also, the ammo is more consistent, good or bad, because it's from one lot.

    This is where I've found some great deals in the past, although who knows what it's going to be like now or in the future. Their supplies change constantly, so if you don't see anything you like this month, check back.



    The description on the .22 ammo this time is kinda vague, but from the picture, I'm pretty sure it's Aguila SE standard velocity. It's target ammo, which is what I usually shoot. It's about $220 a case delivered, which isn't too bad. I remember getting this stuff for $100 less a couple of years ago.

    To the guys that paid $50 a brick for Wolf Target, that is some great ammo. I think it's the same as the SK ammo another person is selling on the forum for $45 a brick. Just a couple of years ago, that stuff was about $20 a brick.
    Last edited by brassburnz; 04-08-2009, 6:31 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jonathan Doe
    Guest replied
    If you are looking for decent target ammo, I have some SK Standard Plus on sale here:

    Leave a comment:


  • geeknow
    replied
    Originally posted by Jpach
    If any of you guys see the Remington Golden bullet HPs for .22lr, LET ME NO!!!!
    Big 5 on Avalon in Carson had some as of this afternoon. I think it was 21.99.

    Leave a comment:


  • Travis8128
    replied
    Originally posted by bobbyblank
    There is a guy selling some by the brick in the new Ammo/Reloading forum......Good luck on the hunt
    that is the pack of remingtons i have

    Leave a comment:


  • bobbyblank
    replied
    Originally posted by Jpach
    If any of you guys see the Remington Golden bullet HPs for .22lr, LET ME NO!!!!
    There is a guy selling some by the brick in the new Ammo/Reloading forum......Good luck on the hunt

    Leave a comment:


  • ErikTheRed
    replied
    My brother went into the Yuba City Walmart this morning, they has a bunch of 550 boxes of Federal. He grabbed a box, but when I asked him to go back and pick me up a box or two (a couple hours later), they were sold out. The only thing they had was 550 boxes of Remington Goldens, which are about $5 per box more. He bought a box of that and there were still several boxes left. This was just a couple hours ago.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
UA-8071174-1