Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 10-14-2007, 8:20 PM

Default Federal Version of AB 1471 being drafted by Sen. Kennedy

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/s...1n14bills.html
Old 10-14-2007, 8:21 PM

Does this mean I don't have to leave CA?
Old 10-14-2007, 8:37 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbran View Post
Does this mean I don't have to leave CA?
No, you can still leave. Just don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Old 10-14-2007, 8:42 PM

This explains why The Governator signed the AB1471. Uncle Teddy thought it was such a good idea.

He may have run on a Republican ticket, but after months of sleeping on the couch, he has gradually become housebroken to the Kennedy way of thinking.
Old 10-14-2007, 8:45 PM

Location: As far away from Obama fan boys as I could get and still be in CA

What a losing issue. I think that fat **** needs to have his head checked.

4006 TSW, 1950 Model 17-3, M&P Bodyguard .380 w/CT, Lombardi LAW-15. Next: S&W MP40
Old 10-14-2007, 9:01 PM

Lack of oxygen caused by a partially blocked artery!
Old 10-14-2007, 9:54 PM

Stop being so mean, he bumped his head in a car accident. It's not really his fault.
Old 10-14-2007, 10:51 PM

hrm... I'd be concerned, but something tells me that there's no WAY it'd pass in the US congress. . . then again, I honestly didn't think it'd pass here
Old 10-14-2007, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thominator View Post
Federal Version of AB 1471 being drafted by Sen. Kennedy
Shocking.
Old 10-15-2007, 6:20 AM

Ugh.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:20 AM

Call me crazy, but for those of us planning on staying Californians don't we kinda want this one to pass federally?

If we have to live with microstamping BS, at least the manufacturers WILL re-tool to keep selling nationwide...
Old 10-15-2007, 10:57 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JawBone View Post
Call me crazy, but for those of us planning on staying Californians don't we kinda want this one to pass federally?

If we have to live with microstamping BS, at least the manufacturers WILL re-tool to keep selling nationwide...
Uh, you're not only crazy but also a selfish sellout if you actually want a federal microstamping law. Anyone who actually believes in the Second Amendment would resist these unconstitutional measures even if it means making a few sacrifices (in this case, not being able to buy certain handguns). Would you also support another federal AW ban because we have one here in Kalifornia? Or how about a federal "safe handgun" list? Should we also just outlaw NFA items entirely? How about making it next to impossible for anyone to get a CCW?

Last edited by jumbopanda; 10-15-2007 at 11:00 AM..
Old 10-15-2007, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumbopanda View Post
Uh, you're not only crazy but also a selfish sellout if you actually want a federal microstamping law. Anyone who actually believes in the Second Amendment would resist these unconstitutional measures even if it means making a few sacrifices (in this case, not being able to buy certain handguns). Would you also support another federal AW ban because we have one here in Kalifornia? Or how about a federal "safe handgun" list? Should we also just outlaw NFA items entirely? How about making it next to impossible for anyone to get a CCW?
Yeah, what he said. But in a nice way.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumbopanda View Post
Before you get your panties in a bunch, I didn't say I would "support" it. I was simply pointing out that if we have to live with it, a federal version would cut out the most vile portion - the back door ban on semi-autos in CA.

I called, emailed and faxed in opposition to 1471. Of course I wouldn't support the bans you listed. However UNLIKE the other issues you mentioned, going national with microstamping would UNDO a ban, NOT create one:

Federal AW Ban = AWs Banned for Everyone
Federal Safe handgun list = Unsafe HGs Banned for everyone
Federal Outlaw NFA = NFA Banned for everyone
No CCW's = CCWs Banned for everyone

Federal Microstamping = Microstamped guns for all (incl. CA).

Do you see the difference? If this goes federal the manufacturers re-tool and we all go about our day buying microstamped guns. California selfish? Absolutely. Anti-2nd? Nope, I'm trying to keep more guns in the hands of Californians.

Without the back-door ban, this becomes another BS gun part issue (serial #s on frames, safeties, chamber indicators, locks, etc.).

So, of course there is reason to fight microstamping in the courts, but if those efforts fail and the federal version passes and the manufacturers all re-tool and we can all buy microstamped guns in 2011, I won't be crying in my soup for the poor bastards in Oregon.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:33 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger signed legislation yesterday requiring that new models of semiautomatic handguns sold in California be able to stamp identifying serial numbers on shell casings.
Quote:
Similar federal legislation is being drafted by Sen. Edward M. Kennedy, the Massachusetts Democrat
Right about now I'm thinking about all those arfcom guys who fail to understand that CA is one of the front lines. Less than 24 hours after the law is signed in CA it's expanding to the national stage. Is that a new record?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
I need your help. Rush over here with shovels, half-naked girls and lots of beer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVT_Fox View Post
im 26 and I feel like a creep trying to mack the 18 year old, i still do it, but I feel creepy.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierratangofoxtrotunion View Post
Right about now I'm thinking about all those arfcom guys who fail to understand that CA is one of the front lines. Less than 24 hours after the law is signed in CA it's expanding to the national stage. Is that a new record?
Bingo. That is why we have to rally with gun owners from other states to help us fight. When these backdoor, systematic bills attempting to de-arm law abiding citizens begin, I don't care what state you are from, we all need to stand together as one group, let all of our voices be heard, and help each other out as gun owners of the United States of America. These laws are not isolated to one state. When gun owners from all 50 states see or hear about another anti-gun bill starting in California, it would serve all of us for every single gun owner to protest together as we can see from AB1471 that what starts in CA can and will spread to a national level.

Last edited by thominator; 10-15-2007 at 1:02 PM..
Old 10-15-2007, 8:40 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JawBone View Post
So, of course there is reason to fight microstamping in the courts, but if those efforts fail and the federal version passes and the manufacturers all re-tool and we can all buy microstamped guns in 2011, I won't be crying in my soup for the poor bastards in Oregon.
I guess that's where our views differ. I would rather not be able to buy certain handguns than impose this microstamping garbage on free America. I cringe at the thought of all handguns in this country being required to microstamp.
Old 10-16-2007, 11:13 AM

Can the Federal one get equally tied-up with patent-law stuff?
Old 10-16-2007, 3:59 PM
Calguns Addict

During times like this, I wish the Norman Hsu case would catch up with the Democrats.

http://www.ktvu.com/news/14351963/detail.html
Old 10-16-2007, 6:19 PM
Calguns Addict

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but if this one passes I am gonna be laughing my *** off at all the retards over on AR15.com going "hur hur hur, serves them dumb californians right, hur hur hur"
Old 10-16-2007, 8:16 PM
Veteran Member

+ a jillion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
I need your help. Rush over here with shovels, half-naked girls and lots of beer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVT_Fox View Post
im 26 and I feel like a creep trying to mack the 18 year old, i still do it, but I feel creepy.