Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Southern California Chapters > San Bernardino Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2012, 8:33 PM

Default New I.E. / High Desert Calgunner

Greetings all

My name is Gary, reside in Apple Valley with the wife and chillins'

Lifelong hunter, shooter, veteran. Work as a Paramedic Firefighter in the High Desert. Originally from Northern California, by way of Visalia.

Looking to build the network so say hello!!
Old 12-07-2012, 4:09 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Welcome Gary, Thanks for your service! Welcome to CalGuns. You will find it a wealth of knowledge. Hope to see you at an upcoming event. Keep an eye on the Super Secret Zombie Shoot (SSZS) in the meet and shoot topic. It is a great event in the Barstow Desert.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:49 AM

I'll definitely have to check out the zombie shoot event. Granted, I do poke some fun at the 'zombie hunters', I would still have to check that out!

- We all know that zombies aren't real, but it would be fun to shoot some notional zombie targets!!
Old 12-07-2012, 11:02 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

It's a great time. Not shooting zombies per-say. Firing line open 24/7, and zombie movies at night on the big screen. Even though last year no one had zombie movies. The person that brought them had to leave. So it should of been Mission Imposable Dora shoot..... But it was fun and looking forward to this year. I think last year was about 150+ people. And the Saturday pot luck was off the hook.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:28 PM

Zombies are real. They are the ones you see on faces of meth. Addicted to painkillers and carry marijuana cards.

BTW Semper Fi doc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExAcHog View Post
I have read that...Serioulsy....check it out online.
Old 12-08-2012, 7:26 AM

^ ha ha ha!!! Classic!!

The closest I have ever witnessed to actual 'zombies' were the crack cocaine users in the inner city when I first became an EMT. Have you ever watched a crack addict digging through the trash for soda cans to recycle? Wow. Damn near walking dead.
Old 12-08-2012, 10:48 PM
Administrator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Gary, you might also want to, if you have not already done so, visit the official welcome forum near the top of the page that lists the forums. You will receive a welcome from a lot more members, tho there is nothing wrong with your post here.

Welcome to Calguns and if you can make it to the Zombie shoot, you will have a lot of fun. I've worked with mrlonewolf and others to ensure that we all have a good and safe time at the event. It has gotten bigger each time, with not just members, but their families and friends attending. The Sat. night BBQ is a blast and so is the Mosin Nagant night shoot on Sat.

If you do a search here using the google search feature, you will see the pics posted from the last one.
Old 12-11-2012, 2:09 PM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

^ Welcome Gary, I am over in the desert about 1 hour east of you in Yucca Valley. Try the Lucerne Valley Lions Club Outdoor Shooting Range. Super cheap and great people.

There is also the Apple Valley Gun Club.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidR310 View Post
^ Try the Lucerne Valley Lions Club Outdoor Shooting Range. Super cheap and great people.
That's where I shoot at most often. I'm new to this forum too, but I've been in Apple Valley over 20 years now. Moved up here from down the hill to escape the rat race but I think the rat race found us!
That thing in Barstow could prove to be fun and though I don't believe in zombies I often feel like one, and while I don't believe in Bigfoot I've seen some damn big feet! I guess it's all good.
Welcome Gary from a fellow Apple Valleyian, hope we get a chance to meet sometime.
Terry
Old 01-08-2013, 10:12 AM

Where's this "Meet And Shoot" topic?
Old 01-15-2013, 10:39 PM

Welcome Gary! I am also in Apple Valley. I go off Hodge rd once a week, usually with a group for testing and practice.

Always good to meet local people that share the interest.

Jim
Old 01-16-2013, 2:04 PM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhart69 View Post
Welcome Gary! I am also in Apple Valley. I go off Hodge rd once a week, usually with a group for testing and practice.

Always good to meet local people that share the interest.

Jim
Be careful at Hodge, a guy was killed there last year.
Old 03-01-2013, 3:42 PM

I too am in apple valley, just moved here from the san Fernando valley about 1 year ago. Get yourself down to the apple valley gun club right off the 15 fwy at the Stoddard wells exit. Good people, AMD a fun little place to shoot. They are open 24 hrs a day 7 days a week to members. Good to have you in the neighborhood, hope to see you on the range or at BLM land for a shoot.
Old 03-05-2013, 6:33 AM

I am in the HIGH DESERT ALL THE TIME!. Count me in for activities!
From Adelanto, Apple Valley, Barstow, Hesperia, Joshua Tree, Johnson Valley, Lucerne Valley, Newberry Springs, Yucca Valley, Victorville, 29palms, etc. etc.