Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > California handguns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California handguns Discuss your favorite California handgun technical and related questions here.

Old 04-26-2012, 12:47 PM

Default Day 1 of the 10 day wait...

So yesterday i purchased a lancaster AK47 to add to my collection. And today my buddy who owns the FFL that I purchased the ak from told me that my long awaited TRP full rail is finally in. I got the TRP from gunbroker for 1400. Of course usps "lost" the check so it took them an extra week to find it and get it to the seller who was starting to think that i wasnt serious about the purchase understandably so. So after the trp comes in he tests the trigger for me and tells me that he thinks its been adjusted to be a 3lb trigger pull. If the trigger pull really has been adjusted to be below 4lbs (as this will be on my hip as i instruct) that means another couple of days or weeks at the gunsmith while they tune it back to 4.25lbs(not to mention spending even more money for them to tune it back).
Old 04-26-2012, 1:09 PM
Calguns Addict

If you actually test the pull with a gauge I doubt it will be 3lbs...most people end up underestimating the actual lbs of a light trigger pull and overestimating the lbs of a heavy pull.

As an FFL he may be better at guessing the most but without a scale it's still just a guess.

Post what you find out...
Old 04-26-2012, 1:18 PM

yeah Im thinking it actually is factory at 4.25 as my ffl buddy is not too experienced with the trigger pull on a 1911. Hopefully hes just mistaken.
Old 04-26-2012, 1:18 PM
Calguns Addict

The best way to get through the 10 day wait is just to pretend you never bought anything. Then a few days later, surprise surprise, there's a gun waiting for you at the shop and it's all yours
Old 04-27-2012, 7:13 AM
Veteran Member

When you start "counting the days" you'll start "counting the hours" then the minutes, and drive yourself nuts.
Get distracted, do something productive and enjoyable. If you have other guns, go do some shooting.
Old 04-27-2012, 7:16 AM

Im on day #2 of my wait (rolling thumbs)

Have fun with that cool 1911
Old 04-27-2012, 7:54 AM

That is the worst. It's only 10 days but seems like an eternity. When I bought my first Glock from a place out in Woodland, I waited the 10 days and when to go pick it up and they forgot to have me sign something and I had to wait another 10 days.... Longest 20 days of my life.
Old 04-27-2012, 7:54 AM

On my recent 10 day waiting period my post count went from 50 to like over 100...I was posting like a mad man just to distract myself. we feel your pain!! Also I think that you should feel a trigger out before saying its to lite for carry. I know that everyone says heavier is safer but i think it really all depends on what makes you feel comfortable while carrying. The trigger does not go off until you put your finger on it...
Old 04-27-2012, 3:34 PM

what is slightly annoying is that the TRP should be in my hands already...