Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 08-28-2006, 9:33 AM

Default SB 1578 (Dog Tethering) has been amended

08/28/2006 - SB 1578 has been amended. NRA has removed it's opposition to the bill and is now watching the bill closely.

http://calnra.com/legs.shtml?year=2006&summary=sb1578

Mike
Old 08-28-2006, 10:19 AM
Calguns Addict

Huh??? They want to make it illegal to tether a dog???

Do they really have nothing better to do in Sacramento?

San Diego FFLs | San Diego ranges
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. --Thomas Jefferson
** I have my San Diego County CCW... you can, too!
Old 08-28-2006, 2:26 PM

I gotta get out of this state.
Old 08-28-2006, 2:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmckean44
I gotta get out of this state.
I was thinking the exact same thing recently.
Old 08-28-2006, 2:54 PM
Calguns Addict

WTFudge? So if I tie a dog up (so that maybe it won't bite someone or something) I get jail time, fine, etc? Lowenthal needs to get a life......

I will vote for a donkey-sex maniac if he's pro-gun.
-BWiese
Old 08-28-2006, 2:56 PM
I need a LIFE!!

What I want to be sure about does this BILL effect hunting strictly or in general. If in general it won't pass, if hunting only.... then the odds change severely.
The volume of blood necessary to achieve erection would cause you to either pass out or if you didn't and managed to maintain an erection you would likely die from lack of oxygen to the heart and brain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanimal View Post
Just be glad you are not his next door neighbor. I am sure there are "good tunes" flowing out the window. I am imagining a cop car pulling up at 1:30 AM asking "Are you having a party?" and Bundo sayin "Nope just me and the BG's"
Old 08-28-2006, 3:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeryCoolCat
What I want to be sure about does this BILL effect hunting strictly or in general. If in general it won't pass, if hunting only.... then the odds change severely.
Ya, you got that right!

The mass media of outrageous profitting at any price would use such a stupid law to attack the law makers to make money by poking fun at the idiots.

If it is a way to harrass the hunters then that will make it a slam dunk passed piece of legistlation. The same greedy folks who would consider this a stupid law for the masses would consider it a inspirational bit of brilliance to come up with the same law but for a segment of the population that when the mass media for outrageous profitting attacks them are able to increase their profits enough to make another starbucks run. This is how cheap their morals are worth.
Old 08-28-2006, 3:55 PM
Calguns Addict

Default What does this have to do with firearm?

The NRA ought to work on getting SB23 repealed and stop worrying about dogs. Bad law though, so dogs are to run free unrestrained? I anticipate more dog bites.
Old 08-29-2006, 5:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cato
The NRA ought to work on getting SB23 repealed and stop worrying about dogs. Bad law though, so dogs are to run free unrestrained? I anticipate more dog bites.
NRA does their job with dedication and vigor. If you want to see SB 23 repealed someday, that is entirely up to us. We have to get off our butts and help them. When you visit your local gun club of 1000 members, and then see that less than 25 of them show up for their local monthly NRA Members' Councils meeting, don't complain that NRA isn't repealing SB 23 this legislative cycle.

It's we gun-owners that haven't shown up for the party, letting "someone else" write the letters, "someone else" make the phone calls, "someone else" walk precincts for our local pro-gun candidates. Well, guess what... "someone else" moved to Arizona 2 years ago.

BTW, if you want to break this cycle and actually help out:
http://calnra.com/volunteer/

Repeal SB 23, indeed! How about you showing up for a Members' Council meeting!??!

Mike

BTW, the dog tethering bill had to do with firearms because it negatively affected hunters. Duh!
Old 08-29-2006, 6:31 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehaas
NRA does their job with dedication and vigor. If you want to see SB 23 repealed someday, that is entirely up to us. We have to get off our butts and help them. When you visit your local gun club of 1000 members, and then see that less than 25 of them show up for their local monthly NRA Members' Councils meeting, don't complain that NRA isn't repealing SB 23 this legislative cycle.

It's we gun-owners that haven't shown up for the party, letting "someone else" write the letters, "someone else" make the phone calls, "someone else" walk precincts for our local pro-gun candidates. Well, guess what... "someone else" moved to Arizona 2 years ago.

BTW, if you want to break this cycle and actually help out:

Repeal SB 23, indeed! How about you showing up for a Members' Council meeting!??!

Mike

BTW, the dog tethering bill had to do with firearms because it negatively affected hunters. Duh!
once again mike you have said what many are not willing or unable to do. if repealing SB23 means showing up or just getting into the NRA people should do it. that would be a great day indeed the end of SB23. oh how that would be great.

Thank your neighbor and fellow gun owners for passing Prop 63. For that gun control is a winning legislative agenda.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Dj8tdSC1A
contact the governor
https://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php
In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
NRA Life Member.
Old 08-29-2006, 6:32 AM
Moderator Emeritus
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Mike, could we get footnotes for why the NRA retracted opposition for this bill?

For those of you in East Contra Costa, the meeting will be in Antioch
Sept 12th at the pizza joint. I hope to make this one but Im still wainting for my wifes schedule, she doesnt get home until after 830pm.

HMM-161 Westpac 1994
Old 08-29-2006, 6:50 AM

Quote:
NRA does their job with dedication and vigor. If you want to see SB 23 repealed someday, that is entirely up to us. We have to get off our butts and help them....
For example, I see the number of ONE-CLICKs that are being sent, state-wide. I can assure you, you would be shocked at how many do not even do that simple thing.

In fact, this is the real trick for NRA Members' Council leaders - getting gun-owners to funnel their energies into truly effective action. Even when they are prodded into action, gun owners fall prey to groups that just do reactionary "feel good" stuff - Gee, let's have rallies or recall some lawmaker or sign an online petition or let's try to pass an RKBA initiative (again) or (the best one) file a lawsuit that goes all the way to SCOTUS!... unfocused, unplanned and always, unsuccessful. You "feel good" while you're doing it, but with every defeat, more gun owners become discouraged and will never volunteer again.

We already have our army, it's called NRA. Problem is, too many gun-owners consider themselves experts and constantly second guess them (and a very few have an ulterior motive - MONEY!) They wouldn't do that with their doctor, or an attorney, but for some reason, they feel qualified to question NRA's lobbyists, attorneys and staff insofar as legislative decisions and directions. It's crazy how expert marksmen can "shoot themselves in the foot" when it comes to defending their rights.

God help us if we actually turned out en masse and played on the same team - WE MIGHT ACTUALLY WIN! Be careful now, we can't have THAT.

Mike
Old 08-29-2006, 7:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6172crew
Mike, could we get footnotes for why the NRA retracted opposition for this bill?

For those of you in East Contra Costa, the meeting will be in Antioch
Sept 12th at the pizza joint. I hope to make this one but Im still wainting for my wifes schedule, she doesnt get home until after 830pm.
NRA is now nuetral on SB 1578 and it's no longer worth our time as NRA members to focus on it. I promise you (and many here have seen it themselves this year), NRA doesn't cut & run like some CA "pro-gun" associations.

The other day I put out a post, requesting all to "Please stay focused", noting that AB 352 and AB 2714 are our top priorities...

http://calnra.com/legs.shtml?year=2006&summary=ab352

http://calnra.com/legs.shtml?year=2006&summary=ab2714

We only have a few days left in this legislative cycle - it ends midnight, Aug 31st, folks. Then it will be too late to stop AB 352 and AB 2714 in the legislature. NRA is EXTREMELY busy. DO you really want me to ask them about SB 1578 right now? (a bill NRA has already helped?)

Mike

PS. And THANKS 6172crew for going to the MC meeting - excellent focus! THAT's a great place for all of us to go once-a-month.
Old 08-29-2006, 10:10 AM
Calguns Addict

I'll bet there was some language in that bill that had to do with hunting dogs, or something like that.

Mike's right... this isn't a gun-related bill. There's no reason why we can't contact our Legislators and ask them to vote one way or the other, but let's not spend our 2A/RKBA time on it.

San Diego FFLs | San Diego ranges
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. --Thomas Jefferson
** I have my San Diego County CCW... you can, too!
Old 08-30-2006, 8:33 AM
Internet Dictator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
We only have a few days left in this legislative cycle - it ends midnight, Aug 31st, folks. Then it will be too late to stop AB 352 and AB 2714 in the legislature.
question: if the legislative cycle ends, and they don't send 352 & 2714 to the governor's desk, does that mean it dies until they try to bring it back next year?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKM View Post
Show me on this 1st Amendment bobble-head doll where the mods touched you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Click Boom View Post
It is clear from this thread that citadel grad was the gunman, and Oswald his patsy.
Old 08-30-2006, 10:31 AM

Quote:
NRA is now nuetral on SB 1578 and it's no longer worth our time as NRA members to focus on it.
Well no crap it's not worth our time, it has nothing to do with FIREARM rights. It had nothing to do with firearms even before it was amended.

BTW, not all of us gun owners hunt (I know that's a shock to some of you.)
Old 08-30-2006, 10:40 AM

I'm totally for that bill. I'm an avid dog lover and I think it is inhumane to tie up a dog. Granted, these are for those people whose dogs spend most of their days tied up. I'm not talkign about the guy who runs into a shop and ties his dog up outside. I've seen horrible things in my life related to chained dogs. . . It's disgusting, and just plain cruel in my opinion. You should own a dog to have a pet, not a lawn ornament.

Last edited by ETD1010; 08-30-2006 at 12:23 PM..