Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Curio & Relic/Black Powder
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Curio & Relic/Black Powder Curio & Relics and Black Powder Firearms, Old School shooting fun!

Old 09-26-2009, 7:33 PM

Default sks tri mount

has anyone ever put this on their sks http://www.combathunting.com/SKS_RIF...and_Guard.html
Old 09-27-2009, 6:15 AM

Yes I have. I got this as a parts gun and decided to just have fun with it. I have other SKS that are stock.

Old 09-27-2009, 7:43 AM

Nice rifle how do you like the tri mount is it sturdy does it have any play when mounted?? Is that scope mount taped or held with set screws
Old 09-27-2009, 8:19 AM
I need a LIFE!!

The mount is a Choate.
“Political tags — such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth — are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.” — Robert A. Heinlein

“It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds” — Samuel Adams
Old 09-27-2009, 8:19 PM
Veteran Member

neat if you're into that sort of thing, but it's too much bling for me. tactical guns are a craze, but i wouldn't do it if had an SKS anywhere close to original trim. they're just too damn pretty to plastic-up like that. be like putting fake boobies on nicole kidman: sure, it looks impressive, but how much better does it really get? god i love her.

Last edited by knucklehead0202; 09-27-2009 at 8:22 PM.. Reason: more
Old 09-27-2009, 8:54 PM

^^^lol I know what you mean luckly I got my yugo with a monte carlo on it already cause I saw a factory super mint conditon yugo at the shop the other day it was a beaut with that sexy bayonet
Old 09-27-2009, 9:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklehead0202 View Post
neat if you're into that sort of thing, but it's too much bling for me. tactical guns are a craze, but i wouldn't do it if had an SKS anywhere close to original trim. they're just too damn pretty to plastic-up like that. be like putting fake boobies on nicole kidman: sure, it looks impressive, but how much better does it really get? god i love her.
hahaha, nice. i believe daniel (x91xx) was the first person i heard refer to it as 'tacti-cool' while we were shooting his prettiest ar. i thought it was funny. apparently there must be more then a few people who call it that for a reason...

by the by, my wife is pregnant and hers have filled in slightly more. we plan on having one more after this, then she wants hers lifted and a little firmer. after seeing them while she is pregnant, i cant complain ; P