Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back > VENDORS > Turner's Outdoorsman
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2022, 5:50 PM
LLE2022 LLE2022 is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Feb 2022
Posts: 12
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default Turner's Stockton DROS Challenges

The store has been unable to process DROS applications since last Monday with no explanation as to why or when they will be able to. I have considered having my soon to be new baby transferred to the Modesto store but that would only extend the wait as there is a 5-7 day wait just for the truck to deliver the gun. I have purchased a couple of weapons from them in fact, I have paid in full for this one... I consider them my go to for all my firearm needs but, the lack of transparency is troubling.

Anyone have any insight to what's happening?

Should I be concerned?
Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2022, 7:13 PM
Skip_Dog's Avatar
Skip_Dog Skip_Dog is offline
Veteran Member
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Nor Cal
Posts: 2,686
iTrader: 13 / 100%

Not sure about your specific situation, but I stopped in two weekends ago for some copper .22's on sale but they were talking so long with other customers I bailed. Good luck.
Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2022, 7:20 PM
sfe187 sfe187 is offline
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 1,811
iTrader: 46 / 100%

Expired coe renewal?
Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 11:23 AM
LLE2022 LLE2022 is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Feb 2022
Posts: 12
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default Not Sure

When I ask for details I have been given a couple of different stories. “It’s a DOJ issue.” “It’s an issue with the City of Stockton.”

I just need them to resolve this in order that I can get my pew pew home. Heck, I went out and bought a DOJ approved safe and it’s just sitting there with ammo inside.
Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 5:07 PM
SkyHawk's Avatar
SkyHawk SkyHawk is offline
Front Toward Enemy
CGN Contributor
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Outside my Southern Comfort Zone
Posts: 23,050
iTrader: 222 / 100%

An issue (such as expiration) with one of their licenses. Could be business license, resale cert, FFL, COE, who knows. All of these things must be in order for CA DOJ to allow them to act as a gun dealer and process transfers.

These things happen from time to time. They are not the first FFL or even big box FFL this has happened to nor will they be the last, and you are nowhere near the first person to get caught up when it happens.

I know it sucks, but there isn't much more you can do but wait it out.

PS - don't start multiple threads for the same subject - that is frowned upon (to put it nicely).

Last edited by SkyHawk; 02-07-2022 at 5:11 PM..
Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 6:23 PM
SilveradoColt21's Avatar
SilveradoColt21 SilveradoColt21 is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor
Join Date: Sep 2021
Location: East Bay
Posts: 2,363
iTrader: 14 / 100%

No matter what I feel like Turner's has a 75% chance of making any transaction a hassle and 25% hassle free, it's always best to go to a mom and pop FFL IMO. I've had decent success with Turners but from what I've read others have not.
Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 6:24 PM
LLE2022 LLE2022 is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Feb 2022
Posts: 12
iTrader: 0 / 0%

Thank you my new friend. I made a noob mistake. Lesson learned. Appreciate your response and your looking out for me.
Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2022, 1:14 PM
benjamin101677 benjamin101677 is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 997
iTrader: 58 / 98%

Stockton gun exchange had a issue tomorrow and couldn’t process transactions from about same time period to yesterday. Seems like both in the same city may lead us believe a city issue
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -8. The time now is 3:49 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host., the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2021, an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.
All opinions, statements and remarks made by on this web site and elsewhere are solely attributable to