Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Competition, Action Shooting And Training.
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Competition, Action Shooting And Training. Competition, Three gun, IPSC, IDPA , and Training discussion here.

View Poll Results: With the latest 1/22/2022 Front Sight Restructuring, are you going to:
Stay on as a member and pay all the new fees 6 4.96%
Let my membership lapse and do nothing else. 53 43.80%
Join a class action lawsuit against Front Sight 51 42.15%
Other: explain what you are doing in a post 11 9.09%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-24-2022, 3:43 AM
acegunnr's Avatar
acegunnr acegunnr is offline
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Central Coast
Posts: 2,328
iTrader: 182 / 100%
Default *NEW* Front Sight Members Check-In Here!

This is a NEW Front Sight Members Check In Here Thread to take the place of the original thread that has lasted 10 years and can be found here:

https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/...d.php?t=518454

The original thread has gotten too large and buggy causing multiple posts and slowdowns. I have asked the Mods to lock it down for future posting so that everyone will use this one in its place and we can still refer to the old thread for historical reference.

Also there is a new poll!

Thanks, everyone for your support. Hopefully, this thread will last as long as the original even with the latest Front Sight restructuring drama.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-24-2022, 3:48 AM
acegunnr's Avatar
acegunnr acegunnr is offline
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Central Coast
Posts: 2,328
iTrader: 182 / 100%
Default

Some Pertinent Front Sight Links Please let me know of others I should add.

Facebook Group Organizing a Class Action Lawsuit

Front Sight page concerning the January, 2022 Restructuring

PDFs of the Various Front Sight Membership Offer Letters


Link to get back on the Front Sight email subscription


Chronicling Front Sight’s ‘restructuring’ debacle

List of Front Sight Instructors for Continued Training

Front Sight Skills Test, Dry Practice Manuals and More

Last edited by acegunnr; 02-09-2022 at 10:17 AM.. Reason: add links
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-24-2022, 3:51 AM
Doctor_Chicago's Avatar
Doctor_Chicago Doctor_Chicago is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: United States of America
Posts: 54
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

I am here for our strategy going forward.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-24-2022, 4:15 AM
acegunnr's Avatar
acegunnr acegunnr is offline
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Central Coast
Posts: 2,328
iTrader: 182 / 100%
Default

Rick Green of Patriot Academy, who has been a strong proponent of Front Sight, was also taken by surprise by the 1/22/2022 Front Sight Restructuring email. He sent out the following message to his supporters:

"On Saturday morning, we were shocked to receive Front Sight's email on their restructuring. This was a complete surprise to our family and Patriot Academy, especially after a thriving four-year partnership that was mutually beneficial for both Patriot Academy and Front Sight." Rick then communicated specifically to people who signed up through Patriot Academy and his plans to support those individuals. He acknowledged the excellence of the training received and encouraged any communication to the staff at FS to be kind, since it is not their fault. He concludes with: "There are many individuals who will enjoy training at Front Sight under their new system, and we do not want to disparage their choice. As for Patriot Academy, we will no longer be hosting the Constitutional Defense course at their facility."

If you have received any further news from Rick Green, please post it here.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-24-2022, 5:28 AM
Jerry1834 Jerry1834 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Florida
Posts: 175
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Florida is here! Not sure what I'll do going forward - One thing, I am not going to pay him monthly dues.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-24-2022, 5:36 AM
Vinnie Boombatz's Avatar
Vinnie Boombatz Vinnie Boombatz is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 1,871
iTrader: 24 / 100%
Default

I have a 4-day private scheduled with several buddies coming up in a few months. I'm torn because I promised my friends this would be a lot of fun and they've all committed, made arrangements to get there, pout deposits down on accommodations, etc.

Because of all that my plan is to go forward with the trip and then bail after that class. I have enough F$ bucks to cover the monthly cost of the membership until then and a large portion of the ammo cost, but no more from that point forward, and will let my membership lapse and forfeit the 30 Founder memberships and 24 4-Day class passes that are in my account.

Not going to play this game anymore with the Pizza man. Guy came out in his first email and blamed all of us for his poor business model and poor choice of business partners and bad decision making over the years.

Guy should have just stuck with creating and running a place where people can come to train and forgot about the ridiculous dream of opening a resort. If he would have done that, been more humble and still charged a nominal fee for memberships he'd have a pretty amazing facility right now with a ton of happy customers who wouldn't mind paying for those services.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-24-2022, 5:58 AM
steelciocc's Avatar
steelciocc steelciocc is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 312
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Default

I’m trying to cool down a bit before taking any action. I had just “upgraded” to knight for the private training and had one scheduled for April. Was just out there a couple weeks ago for HCM, no idea this was coming.

However it shakes out, I’ve likely spent my last day (and last penny) at Front Sight. Over 10 years I’ve been there for 60+ classes, I’ve done every shooting class except 4-Gun.

Sad to see it go…

Last edited by steelciocc; 01-24-2022 at 6:23 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-24-2022, 6:24 AM
Bert Gamble's Avatar
Bert Gamble Bert Gamble is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Mesquite, Nv
Posts: 3,223
iTrader: 26 / 100%
Default

I bought a Diamond membership off of this board over 10 years ago for $250. I don’t remember why, but Iggy gave me 5 memberships to give/sell. I gave away 3 to family and a friend. I have gone 9 times and the family/friend once each.

That totals 492 hours of training for $250, or slightly over $0.50 per hour. I never thought Frontsight would last, but every day they proved me wrong. Well, now it’s over but I am very glad I bought the initial membership.

I will be booking Gunsight before they fill up. Just need to decide between 350 again, 499, or the Tactical CCW. Would love to hear from anyone who has gone to those and wants to share their experience.
__________________
WARNING: This post will most likely contain statements that are offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense, and or maturity.

Satire: A literary composition, in verse or prose, in which human folly and vice are held up to scorn, derision, or ridicule.
_____________________________________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-24-2022, 6:54 AM
Dennisr Dennisr is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 55
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

I'm waiting to join the class action lawsuit that will hopefully be coming soon.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-24-2022, 7:54 AM
Spartan301's Avatar
Spartan301 Spartan301 is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Flagstaff, AZ
Posts: 2,058
iTrader: 95 / 100%
Default Front Sight

I personally feel bad for my family members I convinced to join FS.

My BIL has been a self appointed Ambassodor of FS since I got him to

go for training. I know he has spent a large amount of money on

memberships and recruiting new shooters over the years. He has

personally been responsible for introducing 25+ new shooters to FS.

Just by chance he is on sight today for a class.... I look forward to his

thoughts, after talking to staff and instructors today.

I got a smoking deal on my Ambassador membership, which I have used many times.

Also having been invited to use my BILs private classes has been awesome!

I feel I have made out on what I paid vs. what I got.

But I know there are members who did not!

I will not pay "Nash" extortion money to keep my membership!
__________________
U.S. Army/Sgt./67N (Aviation/1st CAV DIV, FT. HOOD/2nd INF DIV, S. KOREA/NTC FLT DET, FT. IRWIN) Veteran '81-'86
NRA Lifetime Member, AZCDL Member, USCCA Member
Front Sight FTI First Family "Ambassador" Member

Last edited by Spartan301; 01-24-2022 at 8:14 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-24-2022, 8:35 AM
middleofnowhere's Avatar
middleofnowhere middleofnowhere is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 444
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

My wife and I purchased Ambassador memberships at a charity auction right before Covid and also from a Calguns member. We paid quite a bit of money for the fundraising auction membership.

We’ve had the memberships for a couple years, but have yet to go to a single Frontsite training course.

Quote:
What if you choose not to participate with Front Sight any longer?

There is nothing you need to do. You do not need to contact us. We will see that your membership maintenance fees were not paid by MIDNIGHT, February 28, 2022 and your membership and all F$ Bucks, FS Coins, TBD Memberships and Certificates in your membership will be forfeited on March 1, 2022.
I sincerely hope you see I had no choice but to make the changes in Front Sight's policies, procedures, and fees to ensure Front Sight will operate, grow, and develop for generations to come, long after you and I are gone.

I sincerely, hope you see I had no choice but to RESTRUCTURE Front Sight's policies, procedures and fees to protect Front Sight from the unscrupulous people attempting to steal it.

I also sincerely hope you recognize that I have demonstrated how much I care for you in the levels of Fair Exchange, and Exchange in Abundance I have provided through the normal business changes needed in our policies, procedures, and fees.
https://www.frontsight.com/restructure/

The whole thing seemed to be a “too good to be true” scam from the beginning. I never understood how they could sell a lifetime membership and give the member a bunch of additional memberships to sell to other people. The business model never made sense. At least some of the money I spent went to a good conservation organization.

Last edited by middleofnowhere; 01-24-2022 at 8:59 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-24-2022, 8:49 AM
Sam1234's Avatar
Sam1234 Sam1234 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 181
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie Boombatz View Post
I have a 4-day private scheduled with several buddies coming up in a few months. I'm torn because I promised my friends this would be a lot of fun and they've all committed, made arrangements to get there, pout deposits down on accommodations, etc.

Because of all that my plan is to go forward with the trip and then bail after that class. I have enough F$ bucks to cover the monthly cost of the membership until then and a large portion of the ammo cost, but no more from that point forward, and will let my membership lapse and forfeit the 30 Founder memberships and 24 4-Day class passes that are in my account.

Not going to play this game anymore with the Pizza man. Guy came out in his first email and blamed all of us for his poor business model and poor choice of business partners and bad decision making over the years.

Guy should have just stuck with creating and running a place where people can come to train and forgot about the ridiculous dream of opening a resort. If he would have done that, been more humble and still charged a nominal fee for memberships he'd have a pretty amazing facility right now with a ton of happy customers who wouldn't mind paying for those services.
Just a quick thought. I believe that you / we must pay the monthly maintenance fees in real money. Please let me know if I am misinformed on that.

PS: I am not paying any monthly fees or forfeiting my membership because I do not acknowledge the good Dr's legal ability to unilaterally change the terms of my existing agreement / contract.

Ultimately as this whole **** show progresses the courts will decide the final outcome.
What is up with ****? Can I say poop show?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-24-2022, 9:45 AM
Citizen_B's Avatar
Citizen_B Citizen_B is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1,337
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

The two fees that must be paid in cash and not FS Bucks are:

- Monthly maintenance fee, $50/month
- Daily liability fee (if cannot show $100k insurance for firearm training), $25/day of training

The other fees can be paid with FS Bucks.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-24-2022, 9:48 AM
Vinnie Boombatz's Avatar
Vinnie Boombatz Vinnie Boombatz is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 1,871
iTrader: 24 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam1234 View Post
Just a quick thought. I believe that you / we must pay the monthly maintenance fees in real money. Please let me know if I am misinformed on that.

PS: I am not paying any monthly fees or forfeiting my membership because I do not acknowledge the good Dr's legal ability to unilaterally change the terms of my existing agreement / contract.

Ultimately as this whole **** show progresses the courts will decide the final outcome.
What is up with ****? Can I say poop show?
I could be wrong. Either way I will pay that $50 a month for the next few months just to fulfill a promise I made to my friends. Only of my buddy's kids is going as well. He came out with us last year when he was 12 and turned 13 on the last day of class and the instructors made us all sing happy birthday for him and even collected a few bucks for the kid. HE had an amazing time and said it was the best birthday he's ever had and couldn't wait to come back. I gifted him a Founder membership for Christmas. For that alone and the fact that he couldn't wait to get back to take another class which is probably going to be his last at Front Sight) I need to make good on my promise and make sure this class happens, but after that we're done.

Since we booked this private class well before the restructure we wont have to pay the new daily fees. Still are going to be forced to buy ammo from them though.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-24-2022, 9:54 AM
F-2_Challenger F-2_Challenger is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 1,103
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

Has anyone gotten any questions answered? Has anyone been able to speak with anyone at frontsight?
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-24-2022, 9:57 AM
dok dok is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: stateline nv
Posts: 330
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Vinnie-how did u acquire front sight bucks?
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-24-2022, 10:01 AM
Vinnie Boombatz's Avatar
Vinnie Boombatz Vinnie Boombatz is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 1,871
iTrader: 24 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Vinnie-how did u acquire front sight bucks?
They "refunded" me the amount for the 1911 that I was promised when I upgraded to a Knight but never received in the amount of $545. Then had another $500 added to my account as some sort of a warrior or loyalty bonus or some crap like that. I'll use that for ammo for the crepitate we had previously scheduled and then GTFO.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-24-2022, 10:02 AM
Vinnie Boombatz's Avatar
Vinnie Boombatz Vinnie Boombatz is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 1,871
iTrader: 24 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by F-2_Challenger View Post
Has anyone gotten any questions answered? Has anyone been able to speak with anyone at frontsight?
I wrote them a lengthy email asking questions the morning the initial restructuring email came out, but no replies yet. I'm sure they are getting pummeled with emails and phone calls. gOing to take a day or two before I call.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-24-2022, 10:02 AM
xSlapshotx's Avatar
xSlapshotx xSlapshotx is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Nor Cal
Posts: 321
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

My good friend and I joined with a $250 commitment to see what it was like. For our $250 we got a 2 day handgun class and a “free” Hawk shotgun. I figured I couldn’t loose. Of course that was to get me in the door and on the email list!
But our 2 day class went well and we both upgraded to full memberships.

Since then we’ve gone once or twice a year and brought in probably 10 friends and family. Last year we had a group of 14 take the 4Dhandgun class and had a great time! 3 of us brought our sons, truly great bonding.
We were supposed to go in April and do it again but that seems unlikely.

Now my account shows 1FScoin and zero FS$. I thought I had a couple of thousand “pizza bucks” before all of this. WTF? Do you have to pay with real money before they put any FS$ in your account?

I know it takes money to run a business. All of this pyramid scheme marketing over the years has actually been a turn off. I’d actually be OK with a per class charge but I’m not paying $500 a year just to maintain my membership.

I’m kinda sad because I’ve enjoyed my classes that I’ve taken there. Pahrump is going to loose a lot of money if FS goes belly up.

Last edited by xSlapshotx; 01-24-2022 at 10:06 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-24-2022, 10:44 AM
F-2_Challenger F-2_Challenger is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 1,103
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

Has anyone gotten any questions answered? Has anyone been able to speak with anyone at frontsight?
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 01-24-2022, 10:48 AM
W.R.Buchanan's Avatar
W.R.Buchanan W.R.Buchanan is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Ojai CA
Posts: 2,587
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

I talked to them on Saturday morning right after I read a post here and found out about it. Somehow I had not been receiving his emails. So I got that turned back on. I hadn't read the Email yet so I didn't know the extent of this Edict!

After I read that annoyingly long email I was smokin' hot! Called my Bro and some friends and spread the word.

All the people on here that I urged to go to classes there jumped right in and pissed down my leg. Said, "I told you so," and called me names.

Over whelming response to this has been FU Piazza!

Right now, if I go to my next class it will cost me well over $2000 for the whole trip. Food, Lodging, Gas, Fees, and Ammo. That's for 2 days of Shotgun adn 2 days of Pistol. They will cut the round count down considerably to make it less painful ammo wise, and I know that because they did it last year in my Rifle and Pistol classes in May.

Before I would have bought ammo from Walmart in Las Vegas for < $100 for both classes. stayed at My Bros house in Vegas for free, and cost me $150 for fuel.
Now my Bro is quitting and not going so I would have to stay in a hotel which is $150 per night easy.

But my biggest question is how he plans ion dealing with the Class Action Suit that is coming for Breach of Contract. IE Reneging on the "Lifetime Memberships" he sold ? There will easily be 10,000 people who sign on to that,,, Myself included!

Lots of people have seen how I can promote this place and sell it efficiently. Got news for you, I can go negative just as well! And when you F$%^ me, I don't sit still and let you keep doing it.

I got an apology email last night from him apologizing for his tone and for blaming us for not supporting him to the desired level. And it was almost as long as the first one.

But nowhere in it did I see any "Personal Responsibility for his Mistakes!"
For getting himself into this predicament in the first place.! All there was were Explanations/Justifications for the Fees which were covered in the first email and not changed.

I have seen one thing with this guy for a long time. He oversells everything, and doesn't know how to close a deal. He could have stated his case in one or two pages in the first Email and not pissed nearly as many people off. I think he basically called the Shyster an "*******" 5 times when one would have been enough. He went over his Exchange in Abundance several times when it was not needed and was only being used as a 'Justification" for his actions now.

The whole problem here is that he has spent all the money he has borrowed to run the place and used the site as collateral for those loans. Now he's got his back against the wall, and is desperate.

Questions I have? :

Why don't you sell the place to the richest members, and there are many. Both Trump Boys are members and could easily buy him out. They could incorporate the place and install a real Corporate Board of Directors that would run the place, and vote on changes and policies. He could have a seat on the board but would not have a title. Brad and a few others could also be on the board, but they could not assemble a controlling voting block, mainly because they are partially responsible for the current situation as well.

All memberships would be converted to Shares of Common Stock based on the level of your membership. Those shares could be traded and an initial IPO put out to raise capitol for running the place. Front Sight would become a Publicly Traded Commodity.

However all litigation against him would have to be settled before he could do that.

Let me know if you think this could be a workable solution?

Randy
__________________
Rule #1 Liberals screw up everything they touch.
Rule #2 Whatever they accuse you of, they are already doing.
Rule #3 Liberals lie about anything no matter how insignificant.
Rule #4 If all else fails, they call you a Racist!

It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,, It is how well you do what you don't know how to do.
www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Last edited by W.R.Buchanan; 01-24-2022 at 10:55 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 01-24-2022, 11:14 AM
Manofmayhem's Avatar
Manofmayhem Manofmayhem is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 139
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

FS definitely needs a board and Piazza should go. I appreciate my time and training there and was looking forward to taking my kids when they were old enough. I have 7 Founder's memberships TBD and one Patriot, all with the hope that family would attend (I bought when single and now have said family). I feel betrayed and Piazza is a dream crusher. I hope this is another email scheme since I can't wrap my head around the legal issues he's opening himself to.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 01-24-2022, 11:27 AM
picone picone is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Riverside
Posts: 30
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSlapshotx View Post
I know it takes money to run a business. All of this pyramid scheme marketing over the years has actually been a turn off. I’d actually be OK with a per class charge but I’m not paying $500 a year just to maintain my membership.
For nearly every member I know, it's not just $600/yr. You have to maintain all your family's memberships too. That's the whole point is going with your friends and family. It would be crazy to pay the membership fee's right now. Who knows what that place will look like in a couple months. They've already started removing classes and it's rumored that some of the FS management only wants to keep the 3 main intro classes and get rid of the rest. I have zero interest maintaining a bunch of memberships just to take 4 day HG/rifle/shotgun class.

If the finances didn't support the facility and they were forced to go BK, then restructure, I might be willing to understand. But to just take every member benefit away is beyond bad faith and I don't know why anyone would expect them to honor any new commitments they make.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 01-24-2022, 11:48 AM
Vinnie Boombatz's Avatar
Vinnie Boombatz Vinnie Boombatz is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 1,871
iTrader: 24 / 100%
Default

I really wouldn't have minded spending $600/year to maintain my membership. I have been out there about 3 times a year, so that still would have made it a fantastic value. Even if I only went once a year and took a 4-day class it would have been a great deal. Heck, many people spend that much or more for a gym membership that they never use.

But all the other added fees and new policies and continued shady practices mean no more for me.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 01-24-2022, 12:09 PM
Doctor_Chicago's Avatar
Doctor_Chicago Doctor_Chicago is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: United States of America
Posts: 54
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.R.Buchanan View Post
I talked to them on Saturday morning right after I read a post here and found out about it. Somehow I had not been receiving his emails. So I got that turned back on. I hadn't read the Email yet so I didn't know the extent of this Edict!

After I read that annoyingly long email I was smokin' hot! Called my Bro and some friends and spread the word.

All the people on here that I urged to go to classes there jumped right in and pissed down my leg. Said, "I told you so," and called me names.

Over whelming response to this has been FU Piazza!

Right now, if I go to my next class it will cost me well over $2000 for the whole trip. Food, Lodging, Gas, Fees, and Ammo. That's for 2 days of Shotgun adn 2 days of Pistol. They will cut the round count down considerably to make it less painful ammo wise, and I know that because they did it last year in my Rifle and Pistol classes in May.

Before I would have bought ammo from Walmart in Las Vegas for < $100 for both classes. stayed at My Bros house in Vegas for free, and cost me $150 for fuel.
Now my Bro is quitting and not going so I would have to stay in a hotel which is $150 per night easy.

But my biggest question is how he plans ion dealing with the Class Action Suit that is coming for Breach of Contract. IE Reneging on the "Lifetime Memberships" he sold ? There will easily be 10,000 people who sign on to that,,, Myself included!

Lots of people have seen how I can promote this place and sell it efficiently. Got news for you, I can go negative just as well! And when you F$%^ me, I don't sit still and let you keep doing it.

I got an apology email last night from him apologizing for his tone and for blaming us for not supporting him to the desired level. And it was almost as long as the first one.

But nowhere in it did I see any "Personal Responsibility for his Mistakes!"
For getting himself into this predicament in the first place.! All there was were Explanations/Justifications for the Fees which were covered in the first email and not changed.

I have seen one thing with this guy for a long time. He oversells everything, and doesn't know how to close a deal. He could have stated his case in one or two pages in the first Email and not pissed nearly as many people off. I think he basically called the Shyster an "*******" 5 times when one would have been enough. He went over his Exchange in Abundance several times when it was not needed and was only being used as a 'Justification" for his actions now.

The whole problem here is that he has spent all the money he has borrowed to run the place and used the site as collateral for those loans. Now he's got his back against the wall, and is desperate.

Questions I have? :

Why don't you sell the place to the richest members, and there are many. Both Trump Boys are members and could easily buy him out. They could incorporate the place and install a real Corporate Board of Directors that would run the place, and vote on changes and policies. He could have a seat on the board but would not have a title. Brad and a few others could also be on the board, but they could not assemble a controlling voting block, mainly because they are partially responsible for the current situation as well.

All memberships would be converted to Shares of Common Stock based on the level of your membership. Those shares could be traded and an initial IPO put out to raise capitol for running the place. Front Sight would become a Publicly Traded Commodity.

However all litigation against him would have to be settled before he could do that.

Let me know if you think this could be a workable solution?


Randy
It is kind of the End Game that we are trying to Organize over on Facebook Lawsuit.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 01-24-2022, 12:22 PM
NorthBay Shooter's Avatar
NorthBay Shooter NorthBay Shooter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 550
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

One of the things that concerns me is if I need to maintain my membership in order to maintain my ability to sue. I feel like nothing is going to happen until he cleans house on Mar 1st. Everyone who didn't pay would be gone. At that point something may happen.

I can imagine an email saying something you are still hear and one of my most valued members..... then an offer.

I also think it is going to take sometime for a lawsuit to actually spin up and to try and define the class for a class action.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 01-24-2022, 12:44 PM
tanksoldier tanksoldier is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 203
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

I'll preface this by saying, I'm a police officer and Piazza is no different that the subjects I contact constantly, who do something stupid but think it's my fault they are in trouble.

Just for that reason alone, I won't be continuing my membership under the new rules.

I've attended a few courses on certificates from Ebay, and was gifted a Commander-level membership from one of the people I bought a certificate from.

Once per year I would take two weeks off, take two four day courses, and spend time in Vegas in between.

The only money Front Sight saw from any of that was the $50 background checks and the $60 sunglasses I bought at the pro shop once, because I stepped on mine.

From the beginning I've believed his business model was unsustainable: He's been giving away his means to make money to other people.

Imagine if Ford gave people who bought Fords the ability to give away or sell Fords to other people... without even giving Ford a cut... but Ford still had to build the car.

The training is OK, a bit outdated but fine for the vast majority of people... better than the training most gun owners get, which is none. It's sad that an easily accessible and inexpensive (if done intelligently) source of training is going to disappear, but he did it to himself.

I won't be paying the new fees, and I agree this is likely a scheme to wring as much cash out of members as possible before bankruptcy.
__________________
"I am a Soldier. I fight were I'm told and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 01-24-2022, 12:54 PM
dok dok is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: stateline nv
Posts: 330
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

My understanding is that "front sight coin" has no current value-that is he will create future value but as of yet it cant be used for anything.Does anyone have information to the contrary?
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 01-24-2022, 1:11 PM
beanz2's Avatar
beanz2 beanz2 is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 10,941
iTrader: 39 / 100%
Default

The “rules” have changed three times since Saturday. Not huge, but incrementally. The deadline for me is 2/28 when the membership maintenance fee has to be paid or I lose it all.

I’ll keep my finger on the pulse and make a decision much closer to the date.

On the one hand, I’ve lost any trust in Piazza that he’d stick to his promises. On the other, I want to see the school survive the calamity and the good instructors keep their jobs.
__________________

The wife will be pissed, but Jesus always forgives.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 01-24-2022, 1:38 PM
Sam1234's Avatar
Sam1234 Sam1234 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 181
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthBay Shooter View Post
One of the things that concerns me is if I need to maintain my membership in order to maintain my ability to sue. I feel like nothing is going to happen until he cleans house on Mar 1st. Everyone who didn't pay would be gone. At that point something may happen.

I can imagine an email saying something you are still hear and one of my most valued members..... then an offer.

I also think it is going to take sometime for a lawsuit to actually spin up and to try and define the class for a class action.
My position is simple. The good DR does not have the legal right to unilaterally change the terms, or conditions of a contract. His attempt or statements that he is has changed the contract and anyone who does not agree looses their membership is not legally valid, therefore my membership and contract are still valid. PERIOD!

It is my belief that should you decide for whatever reason to start paying the maintenance fees you will have agreed to his right to change the contract and you have entered into a new contract with Front Sight accepting all the new terms and conditions. I think I read that part of the new terms is he has the right to change the contract terms and conditions at any time. I believe that while you may gain some short term benefits with a last class you will loose in the long run.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 01-24-2022, 2:08 PM
Sam1234's Avatar
Sam1234 Sam1234 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 181
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default My email to all the Front Sight employees

This is a copy of the email I just sent to all the Front Sight employees.
To all the Front Sight employees.

Thank you for your all your efforts. They have been most appreciated. It is and has been you who have positively impacted members like myself the most. The work, effort, professionalism from the office staff, pro shop people, maintenance, and of course the firearms instructors were superb. All I ever heard was positive accolades with regard to the day to day operations. I am so sorry for all who will be loosing their jobs. I am sorry Front Sight is ending. The city of Pahrump and individual business will also take a big hit as well. My hope is that in coming months or years after this mess has been adjudicated there will some way to resurrect a new fresh clean firearms training facility where Front Sight used to stand.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 01-24-2022, 2:13 PM
hermosabeach's Avatar
hermosabeach hermosabeach is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: South Bay of Los Angeles
Posts: 17,330
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

I have not received a call, letter nor email

I am opted out of marketing material.


I sent FS and email and am waiting for a reply.
__________________
Rule 1- ALL GUNS ARE ALWAYS LOADED

Rule 2 -NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT PREPARED TO DESTROY (including your hands and legs)

Rule 3 -KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON THE TARGET

Rule 4 -BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET AND WHAT IS BEYOND IT
(thanks to Jeff Cooper)
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 01-24-2022, 2:45 PM
ARFrog's Avatar
ARFrog ARFrog is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Northern Calif - East Bay area
Posts: 921
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam1234 View Post
My position is simple. The good DR does not have the legal right to unilaterally change the terms, or conditions of a contract. His attempt or statements that he is has changed the contract and anyone who does not agree looses their membership is not legally valid, therefore my membership and contract are still valid. PERIOD.....

THIS!

Iggy called with a robo call this afternoon. Did not listen to his schtick. Did try to get transfered to a real person - no joy.

Was planning to go to FS in late April or early May with a group of about 7-10 but not now.

A BK, if necessary, may be preferable to this unilateral nonsense in that a judge or master would most likely require real business based solutions.

Perhaps Doctor P. should go back to his chiropractic business - especially if chiropractors have to abide by the Hypocratic Oath - first do no harm...
__________________


ARFrog
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 01-24-2022, 2:49 PM
The Manager's Avatar
The Manager The Manager is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Wilseyville, CA
Posts: 25
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Default

Just learning about this through this thread since I shut down Iggy speak years ago.

My wife, I and two friends will (probably) still be going to 4 Day Rifle since we had signed up before The Decree came down. We'll pay the monthly fees at the deadline and each monthly as due until the class in April. We had bought ammo already so that stings a little but more ammo is never a bad thing unless he's gouging on The Bunker stuff.

We will probably let it go after April though since once a year is a stretch to make it worthwhile.
__________________
Note To Self - Get More Trigger Time
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 01-24-2022, 3:34 PM
Sam1234's Avatar
Sam1234 Sam1234 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 181
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default I sent this to Front Sight

This email is in response to your immoral, unethical and most important illegal unilateral attempt at nullifying an agreement / contract I have with Front Sight. I currently have a Front Sight lifetime membership with specified benefits. I do not acknowledge your authority to cancel this agreement / contract. I expect you to fulfill the terms of our contract. Should you choose to ignore this and proceed unilaterally, I will at my discretion reserve the right individually, or as part of a class action initiate any and all legal proceedings as deemed necessary to enforce the contract or be compensated for my loss.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 01-24-2022, 3:42 PM
Sam1234's Avatar
Sam1234 Sam1234 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 181
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARFrog View Post
THIS!

Iggy called with a robo call this afternoon. Did not listen to his schtick. Did try to get transfered to a real person - no joy.

Was planning to go to FS in late April or early May with a group of about 7-10 but not now.

A BK, if necessary, may be preferable to this unilateral nonsense in that a judge or master would most likely require real business based solutions.

Perhaps Doctor P. should go back to his chiropractic business - especially if chiropractors have to abide by the Hypocratic Oath - first do no harm...
Now I feel slighted and unimportant. I didn't get any robo cals from the good Dr.

Im also had plans on a great road, camping, firearms trip with 8 to 15 people for May 6th from Idaho. We were about to consolidate who was going and get memberships for all those that needed them. Thank God I told everyone to hold off until the first or second week in Feb or I would have had to reimburse everyone for their memberships! Dodged a bullet there. Obviously the trip is off!
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 01-24-2022, 3:46 PM
Vinnie Boombatz's Avatar
Vinnie Boombatz Vinnie Boombatz is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 1,871
iTrader: 24 / 100%
Default

Does anyone have a PDF copy of the description of the Knight membership upgrade with everything that was offered/included for the $1,997 upgrade from last year?

I need a copy of that to dispute the charge on my credit card. They are asking for a copy of the new terms after the restructuring and a copy of the terms of the Knight membership before the restructuring.
__________________

Last edited by Vinnie Boombatz; 01-24-2022 at 4:03 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 01-24-2022, 4:25 PM
Flamingo.central Flamingo.central is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 17
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

I have the email that lists all the stuff we were supposed to receive, if that helps you.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 01-24-2022, 4:26 PM
Flamingo.central Flamingo.central is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 17
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Thank You For Applying to Join the Order of the Knights
of Front Sight

Your application was sent to Front Sight, and a
confirmation email with exact details of your order was
sent to your email box. Please make sure
info@frontsight.com and newsletter@frontsight.com are in
your address book and/or allow list.

Your application will be personally reviewed and
approved by me, Dr. Ignatius Piazza, within 5 business
days. If for any reason, your application is not
approved, your payment will be refunded in full
immediately.


Order Information:

You Will Receive:

1. Your membership and membership card will be upgraded
to the title, Knight of Front Sight.

2. You will receive a Knight of Front Sight pin.

3. You will receive a Knight of Front Sight hat.

4. You will receive a customized Front Sight Knight
assisted, fast-opening, folding knife.

5. You will receive a customized Knights of Front Sight
1911 in .45ACP.

6. You will receive a full size, Knights of Front Sight
shield and sword.

7. You will have a separate e-mail with the
@FrontSightKnight.com designation.

8. You will receive regular, confidential e-mails from
me as part of the process of training you and your
fellow Knights of Front Sight.

9. You will be invited to personal training events and
Front Sight policy seminars that I, Knight #1, and
Brad Ackman, Knight #2, and Rick Green, Knight #3, and
Tim Larkin, Knight #4, will conduct for you and your
fellow Front Sight Knights.

10. You will have annual opportunities to rise within
the Order of the Knights of Front Sight to receive
greater and greater levels of status, honor, prestige
and leadership through your participation with your
fellow Knights and the Front Sight organization.

11. One Million Front Sight Patronage Points added to your
Front Sight Account.


Knight of Front Sight membership provides you with the
following additional benefits:

* Special Recognition on Front Sight's Lifetime Members'
Monument as one of the original Knights of the Order
of the Knights of Front Sight.

* Will Your Knight of Front Sight Status to a Deserving
Heir (Heir must be accepted by your fellow Knights to
enter the Order.)

* Access to purchase ammunition FOR LIFE at 20% OVER COST

* Purchase GUNS AT COST from Ammo Bunker and have them
shipped directly to your local Federal Firearms
Licensed Dealer.

* Schedule Private Training at Front Sight Nevada
accompanied by up to 9 guests, with one month advanced
notice.

* Attend ANY and ALL regularly scheduled Front Sight
Courses Free of Charge at ANY and ALL Front Sight
facilities now and any facilities we develop or
purchase in the future.

* Guaranteed placement in any regularly scheduled course
with two weeks advance enrollment...

* Receive a 40% savings on any products purchased from
the Front Sight Pro Shop at any and all Front Sight
facilities.

* Invitation to special Front Sight Knight ONLY weekend
and week-long training seminars featuring business and
Front Sight Policy Training personally provided by
Front Sight's Founder and Director, Dr. Ignatius
Piazza (Front Sight Knight #1), Curriculum and
Firearms Training personally provided by Front Sight
Director of Curriculum, Brad Ackman (Front Sight
Knight #2), Constitutional and Legal Training
personally provided by Attorney and Constitutional
Expert, Rick Green (Front Sight Knight #3) and
Hand-to-Hand Combat Training personally provided by
Target Focus Training's Founder and Director, Tim
Larkin (Front Sight Knight #4).

* Invitation to the Annual July 4th Front Sight Members'
Reunion Celebration.

* Invitation to attend the annual July 4th Front Sight
Advisory meeting.


Your application will be personally reviewed and
approved by me, Dr. Ignatius Piazza, within 5 business
days. If for any reason, your application is not
approved, your payment will be refunded in full
immediately.

HOW DO YOU GET YOUR GUN?

After your order is processed, we will mail you the
documentation of your purchase including the certificate
for the gun that you will then mail to our Program Guns
department along with a $50 check for the shipping of
each gun, and the Federal Firearms License information
of the Licensed Gun Dealer you wish us to ship your gun.
We will then place the order directly with the factory
or distributor and once received we will deliver the
guns to the Licensed Gun Dealer you selected for
transfer to you. Very simple and straightforward.

Thanks again for your participation in Front Sight's
phenomenal success!

Sincerely,

Dr. Ignatius Piazza
Founder and Director
Front Sight Firearms Training Institute
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 01-24-2022, 4:45 PM
Vinnie Boombatz's Avatar
Vinnie Boombatz Vinnie Boombatz is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 1,871
iTrader: 24 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo.central View Post
I have the email that lists all the stuff we were supposed to receive, if that helps you.
Thanks! I dug up that email as well and saved a PDF copy of it. Thanks again.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:04 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2021, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.
All opinions, statements and remarks made by Calguns.net on this web site and elsewhere are solely attributable to Calguns.net.



Seams2SewBySusy

Tactical Pants Tactical Boots Military Boots 5.11 Tactical