Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > MARKETPLACE > Private Firearms Sales - Handguns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Private Firearms Sales - Handguns For the private sale of handguns. Read the rules before posting.

Old 03-21-2018, 8:24 PM
Calguns Addict

Exclamation COP-4 .357 4-Barreled Derringer / 2.5" Colt Python RARE - Los Angeles / Burbank

Los Angeles / Burbank / Simi Valley areas for PPT

The 1968 Colt Python 2.5" Barrel - in in this first post - $4,200 .

The COP-4 4-Barreled Derringer in .357 Magnum - starts in Post #2 - $2,350 .

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The 1967 Colt Python 4" Barrel - starts Below in this post - $2,500 = SOLD!

The Smith & Wesson Model 25-2 in .45ACP - starts at Post #6 - $1,100 . = SOLD!

=================================

1968 Colt Python 2.5 inch Barrel - Blued - VERY NICE / LIKE NEW !!

Purchase Price: $4,200 - FIRM.

Very early serial number of 1968 manufacture date, with no letter code in serial number, "skinny horse" roll mark Colt Python - 2.5 inch barrel, Blue, beautiful original NIB condition, but box is missing its insert and no manual/papers. Bluing is near perfect and original, with only very minor marks from either storage or minimal handling - I've seen brand new Smith & Wessons right out of the factory with more storage and handling marks than this Python has! There is almost no turn ring at all. Only 60 rounds have been through this gun - ever! This gun is easily 99% condition. 357 Magnum. Grips are real nice. A must for any revolver connoisseur - don't leave your collection naked without an exceptional Colt Python to complete it.

NOTE: While I've owned this gun and the box for more than 24 years (I bought it in 1993), and the box is the original box for the gun (not a reproduction), I cannot guarantee the owner before me didn't buy a newly made yellow sticker and slap it on the box.

I agree it looks too new, but when I bought it, there was no easy way to get such a sticker unless you bought it at a gun show; no Ebay at that time, let alone internet. Additionally, I don't think the person from whom I bought it would have gone to such lengths to acquire a new sticker; he was an old guy, and he just would not have taken the time, care, concern, or effort to busy himself with a sticker. Yet, it does look too new, so I want to point that out.

I've only ever stored the box in a closet, in a plastic bag. Gun was in a rug just as long, in a safe. I don't store any of my boxes with my guns, nor do I store the guns in the boxes, going back at least 40 years for some of them. I think the only time I ever pull out the box is when I'm taking photos of it to consider selling it.

So now I'm merely saying this is a really nice Colt Python with its original box, but the sticker/label may not be original. If that kills the deal for anyone, so be it. Your loss.

A 1968 Colt Python in 2.5" barrel is still uber-rare and loses no value or investment, box or not.

An early 2.5" barrel Colt Python is a rare find in ANY state, and even rarer in California. Don't miss out.

CASH ONLY: $4,200 FIRM - Send me a PM if seriously interested - WITH YOUR NAME AND PHONE NUMBER TO CONTACT - Be prepared to set up a time and day to meet for your purchase.

CASH ONLY - NO Paypal, NO Credit Cards, NO "Payment Agreements", NO trades.

I don't care if you have no I-Trader, but if you hit me up after having only joined Calguns recently with few to no posts, no background, or no history of any kind, don't be surprised if I do not reply to your PM. I've been down that route before.

Buyer pays the DROS/PPT transfer fee.

Send me a PM for questions/info when you commit to buying AND INCLUDE YOUR NAME AND A PHONE NUMBER.

Being sold by Private Party Transfer through an FFL in California ONLY. See first post of this thread for preferred dealer/FFL info.

I will not ship this gun.

I don't care if you have no I-Trader, but if you hit me up after having only joined Calguns recently with few to no posts, no background, or no history of any kind, don't be surprised if I do not reply to your PM. I've been down that route before.

Send me a PM for questions/info when you commit to buying AND INCLUDE YOUR NAME AND A PHONE NUMBER.

Being sold by Private Party Transfer through an FFL in California ONLY.

I will not ship this gun..

I prefer to do the PPT at any of the following FFL dealers. These dealers are people I trust. They are meticulous and I've come to respect them and how they do business, if not for simply being very nice people.

Any stores that have any measure of reputation of being difficult about PPTs - forget it, not a chance.

Fort Courage Armory - Simi Valley - PREFERRED
1727 Los Angeles Avenue, between First Street and Erringer
Simi Valley, CA 93065
805-526-6563
Open Tuesday thru Friday 11 am to 7 pm
Saturday 10 am to 5 pm
http://www.fortcouragearmory.com/

Lock, Stock & Barrel Investments Southern California - Simi Valley - PREFERRED
2050 Donville Ave - between First Street and Erringer
Simi Valley, CA 93065
Phone: (805) 285-0715
Monday Friday 8:00AM to 5:00PM, Certain Saturdays By Appointment.
http://www.lsbauctions.com

Smokin' Barrel Gun Store - Simi Valley
1775 Surveyor Ave
Simi Valley, California
(805) 583-3774
Monday Friday 10:00AM to 7:00PM
Saturday AND SUNDAY: 10:00AM to 5:00PM
https://www.facebook.com/smokinbarre...?tab=page_info

Martin B. Retting, Culver City
11029 Washington Blvd. Culver City, CA 90232 USA
Monday - Saturday: 9:30 AM - 6:00 PM
AND SUNDAY: 9:30 AM - 3:00 PM
310-837-2412
www.retting.com

Guns Direct - Burbank on Magnolia (near "Gun World" - but NOT Gun World!).
1521 W Magnolia Blvd
Burbank, California 91505
Store Hours:
Monday through Friday: 11:00 a.m. 7:00 p.m.
Saturday: 10:00 a.m. 6:00 p.m.
AND SUNDAY: 10:00 a.m. -5:00 p.m.
Phone: 818-848-4867
http://www.gunsdirectburbank.com/Contact-Us.html

Last edited by CALI-gula; 05-25-2018 at 8:47 PM..
Old 03-21-2018, 8:25 PM
Calguns Addict

Los Angeles / Burbank / Simi Valley areas for PPT

RARE: COP-4 .357 - 4-Barreled Derringer (Shoots BOTH .357 Magnum & .38 Special.)

Yours for $2,350

The COP was specifically designed as a police off duty or backup handgun. It combines the flatness of an automatic with the instant readiness of the revolver with 4 barrels pre-chambered without worry for a hang-up of an action to go wrong. It was designed by Robert Hillberg (Also known for creating the Wildey, the Whitney Wolverine fame, and the Bellmore Johnson Tool Co. 2-Barreled Derringer).

The Cop-4 was made in Torrance, California for only a short period of time. It's a solid, well-built, compact pistol that appears and feels as if it was milled from a single block of stainless steal. It's easy to conceal and it quite the force to be reckoned with when chambered with 4 rounds of .357 Magnum.

Like new in its box, does not appear to have ever been fired except likely at the factory as would be expected. Finish, stocks and edges are sharp, clean, and tight. The gun locks up very well and functions properly. The bores are bright and the rifling is sharply defined. There is no erosion in the bores. The original Walnut stocks are solid, no chips or cracks.

There is a minor hard-to-see squiggle mark from storage wear to the satin finish on the right side of the gun - just behind and above the serial number - that appears slightly "glossier" which can only be seen when held a certain way in the light; it's so minimal it was hard to pick up in the photos; I tried using the flash, no flash, increasing the contrast, nothing would really show it well, and you can't see it easily just looking at the gun. It's nearly non-existent, but I wanted to mention it.

Comes with original box showing only very minor storage wear on a couple of the corners of the box. There is a minor split to the flocked-acetate liner just forward of where the muzzle rests in the box, but is very commonly seen any time such liners are used. The manual is an original, but has writing in it, referencing the company's info in Torrance and a serial number that is not the same serial number of this gun.

What you see is what you get.

CASH ONLY: $2,350 - Send me a PM if seriously interested - WITH YOUR NAME AND PHONE NUMBER TO CONTACT - Be prepared to set up a time and day to meet for your purchase.

Being sold by Private Party Transfer through an FFL in California ONLY. See first post in this thread for preferred dealers to PPT.

I will not ship this gun..

Last edited by CALI-gula; 05-25-2018 at 8:29 PM..
Old 03-21-2018, 8:25 PM
Calguns Addict

Last edited by CALI-gula; 05-25-2018 at 8:30 PM..
Old 03-21-2018, 8:26 PM
Calguns Addict

Last edited by CALI-gula; 05-25-2018 at 8:31 PM..
Calguns Addict

Place holder

Last edited by CALI-gula; 05-25-2018 at 8:24 PM..
Calguns Addict

1976 Smith and Wesson N-Frame Model 25-2 / Model 1955 .45ACP Target Revolver - 6" Pinned Barrel

Yours for $1,100 - Firm.
- SOLD!

NOTE: Caliber is .45 ACP

Original finish, a High Luster Blue, very good condition as can be seen in the photos, with only minor signs of use on the mating mechanical surfaces as to be expected, but few if any storage marks. The case-coloring on the hammer and trigger are still very rainbow-like in color. There is a minor turn-ring on the cylinder but it's not deeply etched, indicating that it never saw heavy use. The bore is very bright and the rifling is sharp.

Overall, it's a very clean example and the finish is in excellent condition. Any 'marks' in the finish shown in the photos are either oil on the gun not fully wiped off, or dust. The cylinder lockup is solid on all six chambers, and the crane to frame fit is flush and tight.

The left side of the barrel is marked “Smith & Wesson”. The right side of the barrel is marked “45 CAL MODEL 1955”. The right side of the frame is marked with the 4 line Marcas Registradas address and the right side-plate with the S&W logo, wearing wearing Pachmayer hard-rubber stocks.

It has a Smith & Wesson micrometer click square notched rear sight blade, adjustable for windage and elevation. The front sight is a Patridge style blade fixed to a ramped base on the barrel rib. The barrel rib, the top of the back-strap and the extended base on the rear sight are finely serrated and with a matte finish to reduce glare.

The Smith & Wesson Model 1955 .45 Target Revolver is an interesting gun. Unlike many other revolvers, it was designed for .45 ACP ammunition and has a micrometer click adjustable rear sight, Partridge front sight, wide target hammer, wide target trigger, a pinned heavy barrel with full-length rib.

It makes for a great competition-level target revolver. Smith & Wesson no longer makes this model and their current Model 625 just doesn't share the fine action and trigger as smooth as this one. So, if you are looking for nice target revolver in .45 ACP, this is an exceptional example to grab; it's not so pristine as to be relegated to being a safe-queen, nor has it been abused.

Yours for $1,100 - What you see is what you get; no box or paperwork, but you are getting a great, hard-to-find gun in excellent condition with very little prior use.

Last edited by CALI-gula; 05-25-2018 at 8:27 PM..
Old 03-21-2018, 8:27 PM
Calguns Addict

1967 Colt Python 4-Inch Barrel - Early Serial Number - SOLD!

Very early serial number of 1967 manufacture date, with no letter code in serial number, "skinny horse" roll mark, with Roman Script style on the barrel of "COLT'S PT FA MFG CO HARTFORD CT USA" on a 4-inch barrel. Blued, and appears to have more handling and storage marks than ever having been shot.

While there is evidence of wear to the finish on each side of the barrel at the muzzle-end, likely from a holster, and some minor nicks or scratches around the barrel in other areas, the bore and rifle are excellent and the breach-face, forcing-cone and cylinder are clean with only a minor trail of turn-ring. The crane fit to the frame is flush and tight, with very tight lock-up of the cylinder.

There is very little evidence of wear or marks to the frame and side-plate, as well as the underside of the trigger-guard and recessed areas showing no wear or handling marks. The back-strap is also in good shape, and the knurling and bluing on the hammer very sharp showing almost no wear, another reason the gun appears to have been handled more than shot. All rollmarks and tooling are sharp and defined.

Looking it over, it's a safe bet this gun was handled more than shot.

While the original stocks are a bit ugly, possibly even someone having tried to refinish them, they may also appear this was from someone carrying the gun more than shooting it, having constantly had a gripping-purchase on the stocks while holstered, maybe out of boredom, maybe just for surety their 2nd Amendment right was still there when needed.

The 4" barrel makes for the best of both worlds; short enough to be a great carry gun, but long enough to serve as a target gun too.

This is an excellent and affordable way to get yourself into a Colt Python for carry, without worrying about ruining the value, or scrapping its rarity, nor paying the price of a safe queen, but getting one with excellent mechanics and a great bore, at a great price. The earlier "no-letter" Colt Pythons in a 4" barrel nearly always sell for $3,500 and higher nationwide, regardless of "off roster" CA availability. This is your chance to get one in CA and use it as was intended.

What you see is what you get; I tried to take photos for each shot with and without flash to really show the outer wear or anomalies in the finish from handling. But as the photos show; minimal to no turn-ring, excellent crane to frame fit, and well defined edges on the trigger and hammer, all pointing to very little shooting-use.

Honestly, I would rather sell my 2.5-inch barrel Python than this one, but as I just don't shoot either one at all, I can no longer rationalize keeping them.

CASH ONLY: $2,500 - Send me a PM if seriously interested - WITH YOUR NAME AND PHONE NUMBER TO CONTACT - Be prepared to set up a time and day to meet for your purchase.

Old 03-21-2018, 8:27 PM
Calguns Addict

Placeholder

Last edited by CALI-gula; 05-25-2018 at 8:28 PM..
Old 03-21-2018, 8:28 PM
Calguns Addict

Placholder

Old 03-22-2018, 8:22 PM
Calguns Addict

Placeholder

Last edited by CALI-gula; 05-25-2018 at 8:30 PM..
Old 03-23-2018, 6:56 AM
Calguns Addict

Place holder

Last edited by CALI-gula; 05-25-2018 at 8:31 PM..
Old 04-03-2018, 10:40 PM

Wish you were in the Bay Area. Sweet Snskes! GLWS
Old 05-21-2018, 10:31 PM
Calguns Addict

TTT

Old 05-25-2018, 8:45 PM
Calguns Addict

BUMP.

Old 05-26-2018, 10:31 AM
Calguns Addict

TTT.