Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > MARKETPLACE > Private Non-Firearms Related Sales
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Private Non-Firearms Related Sales For the non-commercial sales of non-firearms related items. Read the rules before posting.

Old 03-21-2018, 12:45 AM
Calguns Addict

Default Martin F65 RARE Guitar: $1,200 / RARE RKS Darkstar Guitar $1,600 - Los Angeles

Martin F-65 Hollow-Body Electric Guitar, VERY RARE, Good condition, Minor revisions - Los Angeles area, will not ship: $1,200 .

The F-65 was part of Martin's effort to expand into the electric guitar market in the early '60s. This guitar featured a headstock design similar to Martin's acoustics, as well as two pickups made by DeArmond ( not available; they were swapped out to humbuckers on this one). Constructed of Maple body, Mahogany neck, Rosewood fingerboard, it was only made from 1962 - 1965 and estimates place production of only 1800 or so during those 3 years.

It's a double cutaway version of the Martin F-50 featuring a Bigsby style vibrato tailpiece with tremolo bar, 2 pickups, 2 volume and 2 tone controls with a three-way switch. All electronics work beautifully.

This one is in the Dark Sunburst scheme, and still has its original acrylic block/plexi-glas saddle - a very rare feature, with a chrome bridge. Single-ply black pickguard.

Very little checking, neck is straight. The guitar, body and neck are in excellent shape. The neck appears to have had some refinishing or realignment of the dots at one point but appears to be original. As stated above, the pickups have been replaced with humbuckers by previous owner along with the tuners. Close up pictures as shown exhibit some of the mounting holes from the screws where the tuners had been replaced.

What you see is what you get; no case or strap, please review the detailed photos as I have done my best to show wherever there is crackling of the finish or other blemishes. However, for a vintage guitar, the overall finish is quite good.

This guitar sounds beautiful; it has a wonderful mellow tone, easy action, and will really serve a player who doesn't want to pay $2,500 or more for one of these that is too pristine to actually play! What joy is there in that?

Guitars are meant to be played, in the way guns are meant to be fired!

$1,200 - Send me a PM with your phone number. Cash Only, no Paypal or Trades, no payment plans.

Last edited by CALI-gula; 04-26-2018 at 7:10 PM..
Old 03-21-2018, 12:46 AM
Calguns Addict

Last edited by CALI-gula; 03-21-2018 at 12:51 AM..
Old 03-21-2018, 12:46 AM
Calguns Addict

Last edited by CALI-gula; 03-21-2018 at 12:52 AM..
Old 03-22-2018, 8:22 PM
Calguns Addict

Default Very Rare RKS Darkstar Hollowbody Guitar with Hard Case - $1,600 - Los Angeles

Very Rare RKS Darkstar Hollowbody Guitar with Hard Case

$1,600 FIRM. Will NOT ship.

Brand New condition, NEVER PLAYED / ALWAYS STORED PROPERLY, and perfect in every way.

This guitar is sure to be a future collectible and appreciate in value - why?

1) It's as innovative now as it was when first introduced, and will continue to be so,

2) It sounds incredible, like a Gibson Les Paul or similar blues/rock guitar with mellow punch but can be adjusted for a more metal-sounding crunch tone - the sustain is amazing and the tonality is incredibly even and versatile

3) The unique design will forever be an eye-catcher, no matter what the future may bring.

4) The design is not just about looks, but was thought out very well in respects to architecture for cultivating and maximizing the best sound possible.

5) I suspect this guitar will be as sought after 10 years from now or so, as much as various early and limited production Nationals, Hagstroms, Gretch, or D'angelico guitars. This is due to its limited production run and no longer made while only being made for a couple of years at most, high-quality hand-made build - 100% MADE IN THE UNITED STATES - and which was truly meant as a utilitarian player's guitar, not just some fancy art-piece; that is the pure essence of any collectible that appreciates in value; people bought them, used them, abused them, and then cast them aside merely because it wasn't a "fashion" brand statement such as is a Stratocaster or Les Paul - all the more to encourage rarity and limited numbers.

This Darkstar has the hard to find black high-lux polished shell with machined aircraft-aluminum ribs. The body is actually a material called "Tenite", a polymer that is actually 93 percent wood fiber. Rosewood board with a 25.5" scale and a compound 10-12" radius of 22 low-profile jumbo frets. Pickups are Seymour Duncan pickups custom wound for RKS, and modeled on PAFs. Mother-of-Pearl or Abalone dots.

It sold from 2004 to 2006 at roughly $2,200 to $2,400 as the common going price!!! The selector knob quickly goes from a jazz tone to classic rock or punk/metal sounds with ease. The tone control is very smooth. Ergonomics are incredibly unique and after playing a while as to how easy it is to reach where the knobs and switches are even while you fingers are still on the strings, you wonder why all guitars aren't made with this design.

Comes with the vary well-built hard-case as shown along with all the original documentation, certificate of purchase, factory letter, Allen wrenches, and other accessories included in the original sale; this is one of the most complete RKS Guitars still as new that I've ever seen available.

This is a very easy and comfortable playing guitar, and can change from country, to jazz, to hard rock and punk in seconds and still master all genres. I'm only selling it because I simply don't play it (and never did) to justify keeping it - because I have ANOTHER RKS Darkstar that I do play regularly, and while I always thought I would have this one as a back-up, my other one has been so reliable, so well built, it has never let me down - so I no longer have a need for two. See plenty of photos for details.

$1,600 FIRM. Los Angeles area for pick-up. Will NOT ship.

Last edited by CALI-gula; 04-22-2018 at 9:37 AM..
Old 03-23-2018, 6:55 AM
Calguns Addict

Last edited by CALI-gula; 04-22-2018 at 9:39 AM..
Old 03-31-2018, 9:33 AM
Calguns Addict

Last edited by CALI-gula; 04-22-2018 at 9:40 AM..
Old 05-21-2018, 10:31 PM
Calguns Addict

TTT

Old 07-01-2018, 10:55 AM
Calguns Addict

Happy "California Gun Owners Volunteering to Take it in the Rectum" Day!!

This bump's for you!

Old 08-05-2018, 10:54 AM
Calguns Addict

Ragorn

Old 08-07-2018, 10:04 PM
Calguns Addict

Forp

Old 08-11-2018, 2:19 PM
Calguns Addict

Badetu

Old 08-12-2018, 10:16 AM
Calguns Addict