Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CALGUNS.NET > New to Calguns? Check here first!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

New to Calguns? Check here first! Introductions, How to's, FAQ's and posts of interest to new members.

Old 01-05-2009, 8:13 PM

Default New Gun Owner from Bay Area/UCSD Student

Hello Everyone,

I just purchased my first firearm, its a Mosin Nagant 91/30 Rifle, after purchasing it I started lurking around Calguns, im glad to see that gun owners get together here in Kalifornia, seeing as our state basically says guns are evil

Im from Oakland ( live in the ghetto lol), The firearm purchase was my way of jumping into the gun world that ive always wanted to be a part of (im 19), and after shooting my rifle at the range these last few weekends I must say, I know why people love it, its tons of fun!

My father handed down 2 rifles to me, a Marlin 60 series 22lr with a barska 4x32 scope and a Marlin model 738 22 Magnum bolt action rifle, both are cheap and fun to shoot

Future Plans include a Mossberg 500, Kimber and HK Pistols when I reach 21, a remington 700, and like most noobs on here lol build an AR15

Im also a student At UC San Diego, and im willing to go to any local ranges down here if invited

Thanks for all the help!
Old 01-05-2009, 9:04 PM
Veteran Member

Congratulations on your Mosin Nagant. They may be extremely inexpensive but really are solid rifles and the 7.62 x 54R is a great round. A good start to any collection. Sounds like you've got a couple of nice .22's too.

Welcome aboard!

"We are number one, all others are number two or lower." - The Sphinx

"Why does every discussion of culture always degrade into a discussion of burritos?" - GoZoner
Old 01-05-2009, 10:17 PM

thanks a lot!! Yes with big5 ammo i put 7 out of 10 rounds on the black at 100 yards, im going to get a scope soon and hopefully try to get it dialed in for 200 yard shots, it seems to be real accurate and makes me want to yell "for the motherland!!!" every time i load a stripper clip into it lol
Old 01-05-2009, 11:55 PM

Mossberg 500 is a good shotgun for home defense, it was my first purchase. Its fun as hell to shoot with slugs, but beware of the sore shoulder lol. I also got mine from Big 5.