Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > Palmetto State Armory
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2019, 6:04 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Default We're Back!

Hey everyone, we haven't been to active on here in a while and we're looking to change that! We have updated all of our contact info and will be on here daily to answer any questions or concerns you may have. Let us know if you need anything and thanks for supporting Palmetto State Armory!

Tye/Josiah
Web Sales: 803.724.6950
customer.service@palmettostatearmory.com
Old 06-21-2019, 3:59 PM

Thank you for supporting Californians exercising their 2nd amendment rights during freedom week. We'll never forget you were one of the first to come to our assistance.
Old 06-21-2019, 4:00 PM
Front Toward Enemy
CGN Contributor

Old 06-21-2019, 4:02 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rm1985 View Post
Thank you for supporting Californians exercising their 2nd amendment rights during freedom week. We'll never forget you were one of the first to come to our assistance.
2nd!

Welcome back.
Old 06-24-2019, 5:34 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Thanks, let us know if we can be of any assistance!

-Tye
Old 06-24-2019, 4:14 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

If my local FFL became a distributor for you. Would you ship a KS-47 lower to Calif?
Or can I have him order direct from you?
Old 06-24-2019, 4:28 PM
Git-R-Done
CGN Contributor

Get your serialized 1911 frames on the roster, please!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrassCase View Post
I only buy fireworks from Three Finger Willie over at One Eyed Jack's Fireworks.
iTrader

https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1884858
Old 06-25-2019, 4:22 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by baih777 View Post
If my local FFL became a distributor for you. Would you ship a KS-47 lower to Calif?
Or can I have him order direct from you?
PM sent!
Old 06-25-2019, 4:31 AM
Veteran Member

Thank you for supporting us during MAGAzine week! I placed an order with you and I'm very happy with mine. You have great products and great prices.
Old 06-25-2019, 5:34 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Wink

Welcome back! I know I've sent at LEAST one of your kids to college over the years!
Old 06-27-2019, 3:31 PM

While I have been very happy with your products have you fixed the loose barrel nuts?did not like paying 300 bucks for a gun I had to fix myself.
Old 06-27-2019, 4:07 PM

I have done business with you guys in the past but
I'm on hold purchasing anything from you guys again
you still haven't cleared up your mag debacle during freedom
week and still no refund.

Last edited by Goomba; 06-29-2019 at 5:33 AM..
Old 06-27-2019, 4:08 PM
Veteran Member

Is PSA going to change it's policies on shipping complete serialized receivers to CA?

Radian & Aero Pistol lowers, Folsom
Old 07-01-2019, 6:06 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goomba View Post
I have done business with you guys in the past but
I'm on hold purchasing anything from you guys again
you still haven't cleared up your mag debacle during freedom
week and still no refund.
PM Sent!
Old 07-01-2019, 6:09 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfmann View Post
While I have been very happy with your products have you fixed the loose barrel nuts?did not like paying 300 bucks for a gun I had to fix myself.
All of our products come with a 100% lifetime warranty, if you ever have an issue please let us know and we will make it right! While we do strive to provide the best quality control sometimes we do make mistakes but we will always make it right.
Old 07-01-2019, 6:12 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by code_blue View Post
Is PSA going to change it's policies on shipping complete serialized receivers to CA?
Currently we do not, we will ship stripped lowers though and kits so you can build it to California compliance. We do not yet have the man power to build to each states individual requirements. That is something we are working on but we are not there yet.
Old 07-01-2019, 6:16 AM

Welcome back -

Thanks for supporting us here in California.

Being July 1st will you continue to ship ammo directly to FFL03 holders as you have prior? It seems other vendors are have started to jump ship rather than deal with the effort of sorting through our constant changes in laws.
Old 07-01-2019, 9:46 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmetto State Armory View Post
Currently we do not, we will ship stripped lowers though and kits so you can build it to California compliance. We do not yet have the man power to build to each states individual requirements. That is something we are working on but we are not there yet.

It's the same as any other "free state" and exactly as your are selling them everywhere else.

Both a stripped and a complete lower are considered as lowers to CA. There are no laws against assembled serialized receivers. The prohibition is on completed firearms with offending features.

CA owners have been advising PSA on this for a long time, but PSA doesn't seem to accept it.

Old 07-02-2019, 6:31 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
It's the same as any other "free state" and exactly as your are selling them everywhere else.

Both a stripped and a complete lower are considered as lowers to CA. There are no laws against assembled serialized receivers. The prohibition is on completed firearms with offending features.

CA owners have been advising PSA on this for a long time, but PSA doesn't seem to accept it.
This is just the company policy as it currently sits. After discussions with our compliance team it was decided that this was the best path forward to protect PSA and its customers from inadvertently breaking the law.

Thanks,

Tye
Old 07-02-2019, 6:32 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rice_man View Post
Welcome back -

Thanks for supporting us here in California.

Being July 1st will you continue to ship ammo directly to FFL03 holders as you have prior? It seems other vendors are have started to jump ship rather than deal with the effort of sorting through our constant changes in laws.
While we are learning the ins and outs of these new laws we will only be shipping to 01s and 07s.
Old 07-02-2019, 8:59 AM

Quote:
While we are learning the ins and outs of these new laws we will only be shipping to 01s and 07s.
Well thats disappointing. Let us know when you want our business back.

Change the title to "We Left"

Last edited by SoCalSammy; 07-02-2019 at 10:39 AM..
Old 07-02-2019, 10:36 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
This is just the company policy as it currently sits. After discussions with our compliance team it was decided that this was the best path forward to protect PSA and its customers from inadvertently breaking the law.

Thanks,

Tye

How could your customers inadvertently break the law if the receiving FFL controls/regulates what comes in? The local FFL determines whether or not the firearm is legal and if they can transfer it to the patron. Receivers are completely fine; built or not.

I'm a local FFL that's tried to stock your products like the solid AR/AK hybrid, but your policy to not ship to CA killed that idea. My customers know this as well.

Quote:

The new ammo regs have nothing to do with FFL03+COE or other exempt folks from importing ammunition into the state. If you've shipped ammo to these persons before, it should not change.

The new regs on 07/01/19 only apply to the local transfer (inside CA) to persons via ammunition dealer or FFL or Private Persons.

PSA shipping private orders to FFL's would only result in the receiving FFL needing to perform the eligibility check when transferring to the otherwise exempt person, which completely voids the point of them being exempt to begin with. They may as well buy directly from the FFL at that point.

Again, CA folks including FFL's on the receiving end are advising your entity, but your entity isn't listening or rather ignoring it.

I get it, it's your business and your rules, but don't go Optics Planet or Sig Store on us and start making up non-sense. If PSA ever refuses to ship an upper or individual components because it has a "flash hider" attached, then I think we're done.

Old 07-03-2019, 2:26 AM

Quote:
How could your customers inadvertently break the law if the receiving FFL controls/regulates what comes in? The local FFL determines whether or not the firearm is legal and if they can transfer it to the patron. Receivers are completely fine; built or not.

I'm a local FFL that's tried to stock your products like the solid AR/AK hybrid, but your policy to not ship to CA killed that idea. My customers know this as well.

The new ammo regs have nothing to do with FFL03+COE or other exempt folks from importing ammunition into the state. If you've shipped ammo to these persons before, it should not change.

The new regs on 07/01/19 only apply to the local transfer (inside CA) to persons via ammunition dealer or FFL or Private Persons.

PSA shipping private orders to FFL's would only result in the receiving FFL needing to perform the eligibility check when transferring to the otherwise exempt person, which completely voids the point of them being exempt to begin with. They may as well buy directly from the FFL at that point.

Again, CA folks including FFL's on the receiving end are advising your entity, but your entity isn't listening or rather ignoring it.

I get it, it's your business and your rules, but don't go Optics Planet or Sig Store on us and start making up non-sense. If PSA ever refuses to ship an upper or individual components because it has a "flash hider" attached, then I think we're done.

with that said........can you kindly give us even a rough time frame on when your KS-47/AR 9 lowers, full uppers and or full rifle versions of both of these will be back in stock?.....Like are you currently building or restocking components to make available in the next few months?.....Late summer?....maybe FALL? or WINTER???.....Early next year????......Sometimes I wonder if maybe you guys just wait to build a hefty "notify me when in stock" list and then start maufacturing and then releasing based on that list. That way you minimize on having inventory that just sits there.
Old 07-03-2019, 6:15 AM

Quote:
FYI - One of our FFL03 supporters got it figured out pretty quickly by calling and confirming with California DOJ directly.

Hope you get it sorted and we can put PSA back on our list.
Old 07-03-2019, 6:24 AM

TargetsportsUSA also did their homework and FFL03/COE holders are good to go with ammunition orders from them.

I hope Palmetto does the same due diligence and continues to accept the expeditions as outlined in California Penal Code 30312 section 6 provides the legal exemption for FFL03/COE holders to purchase and have ammunition delivered to their FFL03 address from out of state non CA ammunition license vendors.

30312 (a) (1) Commencing January 1, 2018, the sale of ammunition by any party shall be conducted by or processed through a licensed ammunition vendor.

(2) When neither party to an ammunition sale is a licensed ammunition vendor, the seller shall deliver the ammunition to a vendor to process the transaction. The ammunition vendor shall promptly and properly deliver the ammunition to the purchaser, if the sale is not prohibited, as if the ammunition were the vendor’s own merchandise. If the ammunition vendor cannot legally deliver the ammunition to the purchaser, the vendor shall forthwith return the ammunition to the seller. The ammunition vendor may charge the purchaser an administrative fee to process the transaction, in an amount to be set by the Department of Justice, in addition to any applicable fees that may be charged pursuant to the provisions of this title.

(b) Commencing January 1, 2018, the sale, delivery, or transfer of ownership of ammunition by any party may only occur in a face-to-face transaction with the seller, deliverer, or transferor, provided, however, that ammunition may be purchased or acquired over the Internet or through other means of remote ordering if a licensed ammunition vendor initially receives the ammunition and processes the transaction in compliance with this section and Article 3 (commencing with Section 30342) of Chapter 1 of Division 10 of Title 4 of this part.

(c) Subdivisions (a) and (b) shall not apply to the sale, delivery, or transfer of ammunition to any of the following:

[...]

(6) A person who is licensed as a collector of firearms pursuant to Chapter 44 (commencing with Section 921) of Title 18 of the United States Code and the regulations issued pursuant thereto, whose licensed premises are within this state, and who has a current certificate of eligibility issued by the Department of Justice pursuant to Section 26710.
Old 07-08-2019, 4:38 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:

Sorry, just letting you know what our current policy is. If anything changes you all will be the first know.

Thanks,

Tye

Last edited by Palmetto State Armory; 07-08-2019 at 4:45 AM..
Old 07-08-2019, 4:43 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-MAN View Post

with that said........can you kindly give us even a rough time frame on when your KS-47/AR 9 lowers, full uppers and or full rifle versions of both of these will be back in stock?.....Like are you currently building or restocking components to make available in the next few months?.....Late summer?....maybe FALL? or WINTER???.....Early next year????......Sometimes I wonder if maybe you guys just wait to build a hefty "notify me when in stock" list and then start maufacturing and then releasing based on that list. That way you minimize on having inventory that just sits there.
I'm, currently seeing a couple AR9 stripped lowers and completed uppers in stock currently. The KS47 is currently in full swing, but with the Gen 2 we will not be selling any stripped lowers, just complete.

Thanks,

Tye

Last edited by Palmetto State Armory; 09-23-2019 at 8:02 AM..
Old 07-08-2019, 4:45 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rice_man View Post
FYI - One of our FFL03 supporters got it figured out pretty quickly by calling and confirming with California DOJ directly.

Hope you get it sorted and we can put PSA back on our list.
Thanks! I will forward this along to our compliance team.

-Tye
Old 07-15-2019, 6:57 AM

Will you ever have ar47 pistol upper back in stock , haven’t seen any since the beginning of the year ??
Thanks ,
Pablo
Old 07-16-2019, 7:16 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ercolt55 View Post
Will you ever have ar47 pistol upper back in stock , haven’t seen any since the beginning of the year ??
Thanks ,
Pablo
Yes, we will. We are currently making them in small batches. With the popularity of the KS-47 we have had to pull resources over to it to keep up.

Thanks,

Tye
Old 08-07-2019, 2:15 AM

Well, you seem to have kept your word on the ks-47 being back in stock and it was for about a week or so. Now here is another problem. A KS-47 lower was ordered on July 17th and today (August 7th) marks the 15th business day and the order still says its "processing". Your shipping policy states that "lower recievers may take up to 7-10 business days to ship out" You guys have a very strange way of doing business.

Old 08-07-2019, 3:40 AM

Where did you go? It is like you were in South Carolina enjoying freedom or something.

Read the Kelly Turnbull novels to see where California is and will go: https://www.amazon.com/s?k=kelly+tur..._2_15_ts-doa-p
Old 08-07-2019, 3:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rm1985 View Post
Upvote!

I didn’t really know this and will now start shopping at PSA.

Read the Kelly Turnbull novels to see where California is and will go: https://www.amazon.com/s?k=kelly+tur..._2_15_ts-doa-p
Old 08-07-2019, 11:55 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-MAN View Post
Well, you seem to have kept your word on the ks-47 being back in stock and it was for about a week or so. Now here is another problem. A KS-47 lower was ordered on July 17th and today (August 7th) marks the 15th business day and the order still says its "processing". Your shipping policy states that "lower recievers may take up to 7-10 business days to ship out" You guys have a very strange way of doing business.

Please PM me your order number, and I can look into it for you.

Thank you,

Josiah
Old 08-21-2019, 2:47 PM
Veteran Member

Any chance you have a coupon code to help us here with the outlandish taxes?

Subscribe to my YouTube channel ---->http://www.youtube.com/user/2A4USA
Old 08-22-2019, 9:36 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobler View Post
Any chance you have a coupon code to help us here with the outlandish taxes?
We do have some coupon codes on the website currently that are listed with the products.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/vort...ch-offset.html

https://palmettostatearmory.com/vort...e-spc-ar1.html

Other than coupons like these two examples, we do not have any other coupon codes for general discounts.

Thank you,

Josiah
Old 08-22-2019, 4:50 PM
Veteran Member

Hmm. I'm looking for 8.5 inch 1/7 300 blakout full upper low profile. I saw what you have (which is very nice). By any chance do you offer an upper with out forward assist?

Subscribe to my YouTube channel ---->http://www.youtube.com/user/2A4USA
Old 08-23-2019, 6:02 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobler View Post
Hmm. I'm looking for 8.5 inch 1/7 300 blakout full upper low profile. I saw what you have (which is very nice). By any chance do you offer an upper with out forward assist?
Unfortunately all of our 300AAC uppers will come with a forward assist. We do not have of our PSA Slick-Side stripped uppers in stock at the moment either.

Thank you,

Josiah
Old 09-23-2019, 1:23 AM

Old thread.

Just wanted to say thank you for supporting Californians on mag week. A lot of negativity on here. All I have to say is, your business your rules. You’re limiting liability and I get it.

I wish things were different here. I am interested in building my own KS-47 to compliance. Where would I start? Who do I email?

Cheers.
Old 09-23-2019, 8:01 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubes View Post
Old thread.

Just wanted to say thank you for supporting Californians on mag week. A lot of negativity on here. All I have to say is, your business your rules. You’re limiting liability and I get it.

I wish things were different here. I am interested in building my own KS-47 to compliance. Where would I start? Who do I email?

Cheers.
IM Sent.

Thanks,

Josiah